79. A month before

--ONE WEEK LATER--

"You don't have beer?! What the fuck is wrong with you child?!" Anna asks. "I am eight months pregnant dumb ass, I don't have any lying around." I clap back at her. "Sorry. Jeeze." Anna sighs and flops back onto my couch with her water. "Don't spill anything!" I call from the kitchen, filling a bowl of pretzels. Lachies football game was starting in half an hour, so I invited Anna to come watch with me. He was playing in Illinois so I couldn't be there. "I thought Leia would be a pretty name, Ev." Anna says when I join her on the couch. "Why Leia?" I scrunch my face up. "It's just pretty." She smiles. She has suggested so many names to be during the week like Zooey, Samara, Violet and Primrose. None of them were right. "I hope you know we won't use any of those names. At all." I say before she can defend herself. "Ok then, I can't wait to hear the name then." Anna says smugly. "Just you wait." I say quietly, even though we still had no clue on a name. I turned up the volume on the TV and we watched all the pre-game interviews. It felt like ages that the interviews went on, and Lachie wasn't in any anyway. "I'm going to pee." I unnecessarily announce. "Have fun." Anna doesn't look up from her phone while shoving pretzels in her face. I take three goes to hoist myself up off the couch, my big belly makes it hard. I waddled over to the bathroom and did my business. The second I was done and I had my yoga pants back on, I had serious pain everywhere. I looked down and noticed a wet spot on my grey pants. "Oh my God." I start to breath faster. I put my hands on the sink to keep my standing. "Shit!" I groan louder. "Ev? You ok?" Anna calls, clearly with pretzels in her mouth. "M, m, my water." I manage to stammer out. "What?!" She yells back. "Ughh!" I moan again, which I think she hears me that time. Anna bursts dramatically through the door. "Oh my gosh." Anna comes over to hold some of my weight. "Is this it?" She asks, guiding me out of the bathroom. "I think so." I laugh and cry at the same time. On the TV, the game was just starting. "Do we call him? Or someone at the game?" Anna looks concerned. "No! Not until after the game." I breathe, not wanting him to be distracted. "Um, ok. Where is your bag?" Anna looks around frantically. "By the door." I tilt my head in that direction. Everything I needed was in there. I calmed down, changed my pants to black and grabbed my phone from the couch before Anna unlocked my car, because the baby car seat was in there. Before she started the car, Anna had to calm herself down, getting over the fact that I am in labor, and Lachie is not here. She is now my Lachie. It could not have been any sooner, when she finally got over it and backed out of the driveway. Traffic was insane on Saturday nights, so we had to put up with me complaining about my contractions over Beyoncé, that Anna put on to take my mind off it. About 45 minutes later, Anna found a park at the hospital. She was the one to trail behind me with my bags as I hurried to reception in pain. "I told you to be ready for anything." Anna smirks, catching up to me. "Sure." I smile. The young girl at the reception face dropped when she saw us. "Oh, um. Name please." I can tell she is trying to stay calm, and she knows my name. "Everleigh Kendrick." I keep breathing steadily. "Down the hall to the left and straight." She instructs. "Thank you." Anna smiles and guides me in that direction. The midwife, who I had met before called Maya was luckily around for me. We were taken to our suite to settle in. "So, what's happened here? A month early are we?" Maya smiles, rolling up her sleeves. "Yep. And just before the game." I sigh, getting the most of the break in between the contractions. "You can put it on if you like." Maya points to the TV. Anna doesn't even ask me and springs up to turn it on. While she did that, I had to go change into a gown I was given, and pee in a cup for the nurse. They were up only by 7 when Anna got the game working. "Ok, you're only at a 3 right now. Just stay put and I'll come back checking in on y'all." Maya smiles. "Thank you so much." I smile through the pain. As I watch the game, I was counting my contractions and trying to take my focus off it. It was so hard, not being able to call Lachie to talk to him. I couldn't at half time, either. "Please! Give me the phone." I have tears rolling down my face. "I know it's not fair babe. The game is almost over. Then he will be here." Anna reassures me, holding my phone out of reach. "He will come now." I cry. "I know he will babe. It's not fair to the team. And God knows flights as well." Anna takes her other hand in mine. "Ok, whats happening in here?" Maya comes back into the room. "She wants Lachie here now." Anna explains. "No, I need him." I correct her. "As soon as he is done, he'll be here." Maya smiles, checking the monitor. "You are at a 5." She tells me. "Halfway." I moan through the cramping. She does a quick check up before going again. After that, Anna allowed me to have my phone back, under her watch. I just scrolled through Instagram, and I was allowed to call a friend. I decided to call Maddie, because I didn't want to stress Lilia out that Lachie wasn't here. "Are you at the hospital?" Maddie asks when she sees. "Yeah." I smile. "Is everything ok?" She checks. "My water broke about two hours ago." I tell her. "Are you serious?! No way!" She squeals. "Yes way. I'm having a baby!" I squeal back. "Isn't Lachie away?" She looks concerned. "Yeah, and he doesn't know because he is playing legit right now." I turn the camera around and show her the TV screen. There was only 10 minutes left to go. "Well call him asap." Maddie's eyes widen. "Planning on it." I pour some goldfish into my mouth. "Well let me know when I can come visit. I have a shoot now." She tells me. "Will do." I smile. "Stay strong." She smiles and hangs up. "Can I PLEASEEEE call Haiz?" I pout to Anna. I can tell she is trying to say no, but she can't. "Fine." She sighs. I eagerly dial her. "Guess where I am..." I smile when she answers. "No way! Already?!" She squeals. "Yeah. Just before the game." I laugh. "It's so early!" She gasps. "I know. I've been through some tests and everything is ok." I tell her. Then, I notice the game was over a while ago, so I get Annas attention, so she calls Lachie now. "When can I come?" She asks. "Maybe tomorrow. I don't know." I shrug. "I'm at the studio now, I should get back to it." Hailee tells me. "Oh. Ok." I sigh. "Sorry. But I will be there whenever you call. Love you." She smiles. "Love you." I hang up. Just as I hung up, Anna had left the room to talk to Lachie. I nervously waited for her to come back in. "So?" I sit u straighter when she comes back. "He is on the way right now. Will be her 5 hours tops." She tells me. "Good." I sigh, but holding my breath at the same time.

A/N

Only 2 chapters left!! :((