56. Please don't go

--ONE WEEK LATER--

"Stay. Please." I was holding Annas arm. "Sweetie, its work I have to." Anna smiles. It had just hit me very hard last night in bed that I wouldn't be seeing Anna for almost two months and I wasn't having it anymore.

Annas POV

"Babe I have to. And you can't either. You have another movie to make too" I try to walk away from her. The car was waiting for me on the street. I saw her start to tear up. I wasn't sure how to react. My 16-year-old was trying to make me stay. "I can't. Please." She lets tears run down her cheeks. "Baby. Come here." I hug her again and can feel tears seeping through my shirt. "Your 16, come on." I am starting to get frustrated. Where is Hailee? She came over this morning because I had a feeling this would happen. "But it is so long." She cries. "We will talk every day. It is two months." I stroke her hair. "But I need you." She cries more. "Sweetheart. You know I will miss you too. Maybe more. It is hard for me too." I reassure her. I see Hailee come out of the bathroom and look at her for help. "Babe the car is waiting." I try to pull away. "Please. Stay." Her voice is cracking. "I will call you when I land. Ok." I tell her. "No, you shouldn't call because you will stay here." She sasses and I can't help but smile. "Babe you are being a bit stubborn now. I have a plane to catch." I use my other hand to take her off my arm. "No! Anna!" She tries to go after me but Hailee had her. "Love you, baby." I blow her a kiss and head to the car. I hurry to sit down so I can't hear her crying. I didn't think it would be this bad. The driver had to turn around in the driveway a few doors down and when we drove back past our house I just saw her red face before the door closed. I really wanted to turn back, but I couldn't do it.

Everleighs POV

"No Hailee! Please let go." I try to yank away from her grasp as I see the car pull away. "Let's get inside." She holds my hand and shuts the door. "I ne, need Ann, Anna." I start to wail. I know I am acting like a baby, but it was a long time for her to be away for me. "Come sit down Hun." She takes me over to the couch and then goes to get some water. I didn't take the glass when she handed it to me. "Can I tell you a story?" She sits next to me. I am still crying but quieter. "When I was starting school, I was so excited too but then, on the first day, when mom went to drop me off, I screamed and kicked and cried. The teacher had to come carry me inside and I sat on her lap. Then the poor class sang songs to me to make me feel better." She laughs at herself, but I don't. "That went on for the whole first week, listening to If Your Happy and You Know It." Hailee leans back. "Well if you were going to sing to me it won't work." I grouch. "I wasn't planning on it." Hailee shrugs. I then curl up into a ball and put my head down on her lap so I can cry some more. For a long time. Until Hailee's jeans had a wet spot and my mascara was all gone. "You know all your lines from the read?"
Hailee asks when I calmed down. "Yeah." I sniffle. "Do you want to go somewhere? Or do something?" Hailee strokes my hair. "No. I want to go see Anna." I start to cry again. "You were so happy yesterday and throughout the week. That you got to be here by yourself! What changed?" Hailee asks. "I just want her." I feel more tears rolling off my cheeks. Then I just wanted to be alone so I got up and went upstairs to Annas room. I flopped onto her bed and curled up with one of her throw pillows and was quiet for a while. I had so many thoughts going through my head just about life. I guess it was just one of those days when I was sad wanted to cry and do nothing. I would go see Lachie but he was on a trip for college visits. I already talked with Anna about college and there is no pressure for me to go to college, with the way my career is going it might not happen.

"If you're happy and you know it..." Hailee starts singing when she comes in. "No!" I swat my hand for her to stop. But I can't help but laugh thinking about her story this time. "See, it will be ok. What movie have you laughed at the most? Ever?" She asks and lies across from me. I had to think about it. "Pitch Perfect 3." I turn so I am looking up at her. "Fat Dingo Bitch." I smile and start to laugh just remembering it. "Let's watch it then." Hailee takes her phone out. "Isn't it weird watching yourself? I find it weird." I sit up. "A bit yeah." She shrugs and finds the movie and streams it to the TV in Annas room. I just watch for a while and listen to Hailee sing along. I eventually get into it and join in at Cheap Thrills. Hailee does her parts and I did Annas.

--TWO DAYS LATER—

"Ok, I'll pick you up later babe." Lachie rolls the window down. "Love you." I close the door. "Love you too." He drives off. Today I was starting the comedy movie. It had Emma Roberts and freaking Melissa McCarthy. We had the table read earlier in the week and today we started three and a half months of filming. It was being filmed at the Warner Bros studio, and I got to walk down a hallway with all the movie and TV show posters of ones that have been filmed here like La la land, Jurassic Park, and Pretty Little Liars. I caught up to Emma Roberts who was ahead of me and walked with her to hair and makeup. Just as I sat down in my chair, Anna called me on face time. "Hey, babe." She smiles widely. "Hey! I miss you." I pout. "Miss you too. Look here." She changes the camera angle. It looks like she was in hair and makeup too. On the screen, her co-star Kristen Bell was there next to her. "Oh my God," I say quietly. "Hey, Everleigh!" She waves. "Hi." I blush. "I've heard so much about you! And I saw your movie a few months ago, congratulations!" She smiles. "Thank you so much. And any movie you are in is probably one of my favorites and The Good Place." I tell her. "That is so sweet. Thank you! I'll probably see you sometime soon!" She signs off. "Bye." The camera turns back to Anna she had her hair in curls and half tied up. "Are you feeling better?" Anna stands up. "A little bit yeah. I still want to be with you." I say. Anna goes outside and sits down somewhere. "So do I. Anyways, the first day for you. How is it?" She asks. "Lachie literally just dropped me off eight minutes ago." I laugh. "Oh, right the time difference." Anna smiles. "How are the kids going?" I ask, remembering that in the movie she has to work with toddlers. She takes a deep breath. "They are being kids." Is all she says. "Oh no. Should I be worried about when I might have to?" I question. "If you aren't scared of them no," Anna says. "I should go. I need to get shit done so I'll call later?" I check with her. "Yeah sure." Anna agrees. "See you. Love you." I sign off. "Love you too. You'll be great."