2;11

THREE DAYS LATER

"Do you have your dress bag?" Lachie asks. "Right here!" I hold it up. "Is your dress in it?" He checks. "Yes babe." I sigh and rest my head on his chest. "Don't have too much fun, ok?" He smiles. "It's only Ellen." I joke and take his jaw in my hands and rise on my toes to kiss him. We get lost in the kiss until we get interrupted. "Ahem." Teagan is standing at the door. "Right. Coming!" I smile, still staring into my husband's light blue eyes. I rise up again onto my toes to kiss him one more time before leaving. We went through all the house papers last night and signed them all, so it is official, we are moving to a new house. I let Teagan drive, so I sat in the back with Brooklynn, she was fiddling with her pacifier that attached to her sleeper she was in. I was going to Ellen for press for the movie I shot a while ago, when I was still pregnant with Brooklynn. Not only for the movie, but she wants to talk about the whole paparazzi incident too, which I think is a good thing, to raise awareness on the issue. It is a 20-minute drive from my house to the studio, but including LA traffic, a 1-hour commute. "For fucks sake." I keep sighing to myself, every time we hit a red light. Finally, we arrive, only 2 minutes late which means I have to get changed straight away. I brought with me a baby pink pencil dress that has a zip down the front with silver heels and Teagan whipped my hair into a half up half down look. Taping was starting in 15 minutes when there was a knock on my dressing room door. Inconveniently, I was feeding my child with my dress unzipped. Quickly, I grabbed a blanket and covered myself before calling "come in!". Ellen peeked her head in the door. "Hello!" I stand up, with Brooklynn still eating, trying to discretely pull her away and slip my dress back up. I sit her on my hip and go into hug her. "This must be Brooklynn." Ellen takes her little hand. "Hi baby." She stares deep into her eyes. Brooklynn reaches out to her, so I pass her over, so Teagan can touch up my makeup. "She is so adorable. Looks like you." Ellen bounces her up and down, making her giggle. "I have to go back out now but thank you so much for coming today!" Ellen smiles. "I love coming!" I praise her as she tries to resist giving Brooklynn back to me. "I'll see you later Brooklynn." She strokes her face before saying goodbye. After she closed the door, Brooklynn looked a bit tipsy and star struck. "You just met Ellen bubba!" I smile, even though she doesn't know it, Ellen just has this aurora around her that brightens anyone's day, even a 4-and-a-half-month year old. 10 minutes later, I am called backstage, so I hand Brooklynn over to Teagan and follow a stage manager. I waited for 5 more minutes until I was called out. "Good to see you!" Ellen hugs me when I get out there. "You can't get rid of me!" I sit down. "I know! We love having you here. You have some great stories to tell, and a new movie." She sits down. "I do? A movie yes, but stories?" I raise an eyebrow. "You have told some great stories on the show, especially things that go on with your mom, Anna Kendrick." She smiles. "My mom, Anna Kendrick." I take a deep breath and sit back in my seat, the audience laughs. "But you just had a baby, if I'm correct." Ellen says. "Yes, I had a baby. 4.5 months ago." I nod, the audience cheers. "You look great, for 4.5 months ago! Were you at the gym a lot, or how did you cope?" She asks. "Well, let's face it I'm midgit, and I had a small belly, so I got back to normal pretty fast." I smile. "So, your daughter is Brooklynn. Brooklynn Joelle." Ellen says. "Yes, it is. Your name is kind of in there, Elle... Ellen?" I suggest, remembering a conversation we had before about the baby name. "Yeah... you could have done better." She jokes. "Was it an easy birth?" Ellen is asking for detail. "Um, It was quite emotional actually. I went into labor a month before due date." I tell her. "Gosh, so was Lachie there?" She asks. "No, he was out of state, playing. Anna and I were about to sit down to watch the game just before it happened." I tell her. "No way. So what did you do?" Ellen seems intrigued. "Well, we went to the hospital and called Lachie as soon as the game was over, and then the next morning she was born." I explain. "Was it a painful experience for you?" She asks. "I feel like any birth is. But yes." I say, straight up honestly. "So, this movie you are in, was filmed when you were pregnant?" Ellen says as a poster for the movie comes up. "I was. Maybe 5 months... I think." I tell her. "And it is full of action, you are climbing everywhere and running on a boat, through malls..." Ellen lists. "I know, yeah, we had to take it slow sometimes in those scenes, I wanted to use a stunt double little as possible" I explain. "Well it is very good, and I think everyone else should see it too." She says. "I agree." I smile. "So, about these great stories you have, there is a more recent one I want to talk about." She leads into a new topic. I know what it is, because she always checks before I come on the show. "What might that be?" I raise an eyebrow. "I believe you were on your way to a game of Lachies, with Brooklynn, and the paparazzi got a bit too close?" Anna asks. "Yeah, I was headed to a game, Brooklynn was in her carrier thing, and one guy kind of tried to get a look at her or me or something, and managed to knock the carrier from my hand, so I dropped the carrier with my child in it." I recall the event. "And you got mad?" Ellen asks. And a photo comes up, of me yelling at the guy. "Hell yeah. Who wouldn't? It's wrong and pure rude." The audience claps. "Have your views on paparazzi changed since then, or with Brooklynn?" Ellen asks. "Well from the get go, before she was even born, Lach and I decided to not show her face to the public at all, on social media or anything because we don't want people she doesn't know to be calling her name, until she is old enough to understand." "Fair enough." Ellen adds. "So we are very protective of her in that case. But I think it depends on the event because usually when I'm out in public I see some paps that I 'know' that are nice, and we talk a bit. But I think now we are just extremely cautious." I tell her. "Have you done anything about this since then?" She asks. "Well through Instagram I have spoken out about it, and that it is wrong for paparazzi to photograph kids, especially without parent consent." I say, and the audience cheers, agreeing. "And before we have to go to break, I want to know, are you and Lachie planning any more kids?" She smiles. "Heck no. Just one." I laugh at the thought. "Whys that?" Ellen laughs. "She can just be the centre of our world, she is only, barley 5 months and is taking over. I swear, she is going to be a total diva when she's older, just wait and see." I laugh, kind of scared at the thought too. "Everleigh Kendrick!" Ellen cheers, letting the cameras cut. 

A/N

I know its been so long! I'm getting back on track to try to upload 1/2 times a week. 

how do you guys like part 2?

x