24. Good luck

--A WEEK LATER--

All I can think about right now are the papers in front of me. Lisa's reminders and the script. Anna is driving me to the audition right now in the car, that is quiet. When we showed her the practice audition, Lisa was very pleased and said she would have cast me. The only thing to improve was exactly what Rebel told me last week. "Are you ok?" Anna asks, probably noticing sweat on my forehead. "Nervous," I reply. "Don't be. Nothing will go wrong. As soon as you get in there, you will be fine." Anna puts a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah. But it didn't help Lilia asking me what I would do if something actually went wrong." I roll my eyes, remembering her grilling me this morning about it. "Oh did she?" Anna screws her face up. "Yeah. It's ok though. I have these." I wave around the sheets in my hand and go through them one more time. We pull up to a regular looking building. "Ok, ready?" Anna unbuckles her seatbelt. "Yep." I take a breath in and get out of the car. "We practiced a lot last night, I know you will be fine." Anna squeezes my hand as we find our way to the audition. We find a room where there are 4 more girls waiting with their moms. They are all way taller and prettier than me but had on somewhat the same clothes: jeans and a baggy knit sweater. I noticed that they sunk into their seats slightly when they saw Anna, which lifted my confidence a bit. We found a place to sit and wait when a girl who looked younger than me came out crying. A woman, who must have been her mom sprang up and hugged her. The girl kept complaining that she had forgotten the lines. As the other girls were getting called in one by one, I was sitting quietly bouncing my leg up and down, Anna was twirling her hair. The last girl that went in came out, and Anna and me were waiting by ourselves. "Everleigh." A man comes out to get me. "Good luck," Anna whispers as I stand. Through the door in the next room was a table of official looking people. I scanned the lineup, no Jennifer Lawrence. Phew. I hand someone my headshot and resume then go ahead and introduce myself. "Hello, I am Everleigh Kendrick, and I am 14." I smile. "By any chance are you related to Anna?" The man sitting in the middle asks. "Yes, Anna is my mom actually." I smile, remembering how weird it still is to say that. "Oh right. You look very alike." The same guy says. They ask me a few more questions, my height, what is it like with Anna as your mom, why acting? Things like that, which I luckily had planned answers to. "Are you ready to audition for Bella?" A woman sitting at the end asks. "Yes." I smile, and they all smile back. The lady on the end reads the part for Louise. I noticed she often would change her tone, maybe so they would see how I would react to it. I got to the mental break down part, and it was my best one yet. All the quivers and facial expressions went well. "Thank you very much, Everleigh. You did very well." The man in the middle says, and everyone else seems to agree. "Thank you so much for having me," I say back to them. "I might come out and say hello to Anna." The man stands up, he might be the director. He follows me out of the room and Anna stands when she sees me. "Hey Baby. How did it go?" She hugs me. "Really well." The man answers for me, which makes me blush. "Jason, how are you?" Anna has to go on her tiptoes to hug him. "I've been great, congratulations on all the movies!" He tells her. "Aw thank you! This is Everleigh, who I guess you know now." Anna introduces me. "Yes, you look very similar." He smiles. "Well, I guess I'll see you around." Anna picks her bag up. "Definitely. You too, Everleigh." He heads back through the door. "Did you hear that?!" Anna says excitedly when we are back in the car. "Hear what?" I look around, seeing if I missed something. "What Jason said, he will see you soon!" Anna answers. "What do you mean?" I ask, still confused. "You might have gotten the role! If he will see you soon." Anna squeals. "Sure, ok. If I get the role." I say as if I would get it, from my first audition. "I know him, and the look in his eyes was promising." She starts the car. "We shall see." I look straight ahead. "Do you want Olive Garden? And we can call Lisa." Anna asks. "Yep. lets goooo." I point onwards. 

At Olive Garden when we have our salads and breadsticks, we phone Lisa. Before the first ring has even finished, she answered. "Oh my God I have been staring at my phone for ages, waiting for your call." She spills the words out. "Honey, how did it go?" Lisa asks. "It was great. Everyone was so kind." I tell her. "Jason was like, I'll see you soon too. To Everleigh!" Anna joins in the conversation. "Oooh, he did? Well, cross your fingers!" Lisa says enthusiastically. "How long does it take to hear from them?" I ask. "It depends, sometimes only days, or sometimes weeks," Lisa says. "I really have a good feeling about this though." Anna puts her arm around me. "I am very excited for you Everleigh, it is a huge role." Lisa sighs. "Ok, well I'll see you soon." I quickly end the call. Anna and I sit quietly for a while. "Hey, how are you with Lachie and Lilia?" Anna puts her fork down. "Fine." I look down and fiddle with my lettuce. "No, really. Tell me." Anna takes my arm. "I think they are both worried I will get busy. Lilia is for sure, but Lachie is trying not to show it." I slump down. "Ok, yeah it is hard, I know. But Ev, you are busy now. A simple Favor press is starting in two weeks, then you are *probably* going to be filming a huge movie." Anna stabs a potato with her fork. "Where is press?" I ask. "It starts in LA, after the premiere then to a few states and Toronto." Anna looks at me, with an unsure expression. "Oh, ok. How long is it for?" I ask. "Only two weeks or so," Anna tells me. I go back to my salad. "Hey, why don't we go do something fun tomorrow, with Lilia, Lachie and us. I thought we could book out the tramp park for a couple hours." Anna suggests, which puts a smile on my face. "Yes! That will be fun. I'll text them." I get my phone out. "I'll book." Anna dials a number. I end up calling Lilia. "Hey, Lils." "Hey Ev, whats up?" Lilia says in her normal happy tone. "So, you and Lachie should come to the tramp park tomorrow with Anna and me. We have the whole place to ourselves...." I say in a convincing voice. "WHAT TIME WILL YOU BE HERE?!" Lilia shouts, clearly excited. I look at Anna, she holds up five fingers. "Five. Tell Lachie." I say quickly before she hangs up. "They will be there." I laugh. "Great." Is all Anna says before she goes back to her breadstick.