34. Wrap

--TWO DAYS LATER-- 

"Annndddd, action!" That was the last time it was being called. We are just about to wrap on the movie and the last scene we are filming is my meltdown. It was really easy to cry, all I had to think about was all the memories I have made and the people I met and the experience coming to a big finish. I managed to say all my lines clearly and remember them well. "Cut" Jason calls when the scene finished. Everyone there was clapping and cheering and a lot of hugging going around. "Congratulations to everybody! A huge amount of love and thanks to Miss Jennifer Lawrence, Everleigh, Mackenzie, and Max." Jason calls. "Go rest for tonight, see you then!" He finishes. Jennifer then hugs me for a long time. "You were honestly the best to work with." She says. "Same for you. I still don't know how this got to happen." I laugh. 

It wasn't too late when we wrapped, only 5:30. I met Anna back at the hotel where she had surprised me with another spa date. "We should do this before every wrap party," I suggest to Anna as I am getting my massage. "Definitely. Our tradition." Anna is clearly enjoying her massage. With our souls restored and bodies refreshed, up in our room, we blasted Beyonce and had a dance party while getting ready. Except, of course, we had to drop everything we were doing when Single Ladies came on. "This song makes me not miss Lachlan," I tell Anna while doing the Single Ladies dance. "The power of BEY!!!!!!" She screams and jumps on the bed which makes me fall to the ground laughing."Holy shit has someone died?!" Jennifer runs in. I fall back to the ground laughing again when she does, half her hair is tied on one half and the other is down. "No, we're, we're great. Anna, Anna just. Oh my God its so funny!" Tears start running down my face. Jennifer has a look of relief on her face and goes back to her room. Anna is still going strong on the bed and I can't miss this opportunity to snap it. Her big ending was her jumping up and landing on the bed on her back. "Amazing. But we legit have to get ready now." I get serious, realizing the party is in an hour. "Good idea." Anna sits up making her 'cute face'. So we don't get as distracted, I change the playlist to Ariana Grande. Still occasionally using a hairbrush for a mic, Anna and I are ready to go. I had on a red velvet dress with black heels and my hair curled and gold palette makeup. Anna wore a white dress that had a black lace pattern in the top half with the shoes I got her for her birthday and her makeup was neutral. Since the media knew the party was tonight, meaning it would be paparazzi fest, Jen, Anna and me were shown out the back exit to a car.

The party was in the same area of the set, just a different lot. When we got there, the big warehouse was set up with masses of food and drinks and there was a stage set up at the front. A lot of people were already there, supporting cast, crew, behind the scenes, makeup, everyone involved. Anna had already pulled me over to the drinks table. "Ev! Come over! We are taking photos." Jennifer summons me across to the other side of the room. The was a blank wall and a man had a very professional looking camera. It took us a while to round up everyone else and we took photos for ten minutes. People took them on phones as well so I had copies.  Music was playing while everyone was socializing and dancing. Jason stepped up on the stage. "All right, everyone. What a great five months!" Everyone cheers. He goes on to a speech about the movie and thanking people and getting into post-production. He also revealed the release date is set for May 29 next year. The party started to die down after 4 hours, and Anna came stumbling in her shoes up to me. "How much have you had to drink?" I ask, grabbing her arm. "Only like, 5 beers." Anna slurs. I look at her like 'are you kidding?'. "Ok, ok it was maybe 8. You got me." Anna rolls her eyes. "Let's get back to the hotel." I pull her behind me. "I don't wanna." Anna shakes her head. I say final goodbyes to Jason, Mackenzie, Max, and Jennifer, who promised to keep in touch. To avoid the paparazzi who was still ou, we went through back streets to the hotel.

The next morning, Anna and I spent it in bed watching Game of Thrones while having breakfast. Our flight home wasn't until later in the day so we had time, except, we had to check out of the hotel by 12. Our bags were packed and we were ready to go at 11. Well, once Anna found her keys. We turned the room inside out and back again looking for her keys when I found them, in her fucking wallet where they should be. Gotta love her. 

The airport was full of cameras today, everyone was going home, we were, Jennifer, and we were in the middle of summer break. Just before Anna was about to get mobbed, a lady came and took us through the secret ways to get on our plane. On the flight, Anna had work to do so I took a risk to text Lachlan. 'I just thought you should know I am on the way home. I didn't want it to be a surprise or anything. But we should talk soon. -E'. While I was waiting for a reply, or seeing if he even would reply, I went through all the photos from the last five months and other photos and organized them into folders. I was watching the video of Anna on the bed dancing to Beyonce when I saw he replied. 'k.'. IS HE FUCKING SERIOUS?! That was it? I know if I reply that it will make it worse, so I groan, not sure if I am cringing either. "Whats up?" Anna shuts her laptop. "Look at what this fucker did." I show her the message I sent and his answer. "What a dick." Anna rolls her eyes. "Only ladies can say that. Not men." She jokes. "So I guess we'll have to see how this goes." I sigh, thinking of what could happen when I see him. "It'll be fine.  You don't need no man." Anna nudges my arm. She gets back to her work and I sleep until we land home, finally. 

A/N --

what do you guys like so far??