75. Girl or Boy?

--TWO MONTHS LATER –

"Wait I have to pee." I stop in my tracks on the way out the door. "You went like 5 minutes ago!" Lachie complains. "I'm sorry, I'd like to see you pregnant." I get annoyed with him. He then just surrenders his hands up and lets me run back to the bathroom. Yesterday, I got home from Maine on a break for a week, and so far, no one on set knows I am pregnant, besides my wardrobe assistant because I am starting to show a little bit, and my favorite jeans don't fit anymore and she had to get me a size bigger. Lachie had my car running when I got back and a joined in with him, singing to Living on a Prayer. We were on our way to finally find out the baby's gender! I could have known earlier on, but wanted to wait to be home, rather than in Maine. Anna, with a lot of Britt's help have put together a little party at her house so everyone can find out. As soon as we get out of the appointment, we are going to Party City to get a balloon filled with either pink of blue confetti. "What do you think it is babe?" Lachie asks when we pull up to the clinic. "I can't say." I smile. "Then, how will you feel if it is a girl?" He parks the car in the back lot where we were told to. "Thrilled." Is my reply. "And a boy?" He asks when he opens the door for me. "Thrilled." I smirk as I get out. "And we won't even know until later. At the same time as everyone else." I remind him. "I just wanted to see if you knew already, or could tell." He smiles. "I would never go behind you back like that. I promise I have no idea." I lock my fingers in with his as we make our way through the back door. As instructed before, we just take a seat and soon enough, Jasmine, my nurse comes though. Like my other appointments, I go in and lay down on the bed. "How are you feeling?" She asks when I am settled. "Not too bad actually." I tell her as she gets out the gel. "And we don't want to find out the gender, but would you be able to write it in an envelope for us?" Lachie asks for me. "Oh yeah, of course. Are y'all having a party?" She asks as she lifts up my shirt. "Yeah this afternoon actually." I shudder when the gel lands on my stomach. "Aw yay! Well, have a good time." She smiles and puts the scanning thing down to spread the gel. "Should we look away from the screen?" I ask, seeing the baby on the monitor. "Oh yes please." She laughs. Lachie holds my hand and we just smile t each other until Jasmine gives me a paper towel to wipe the gel off and she seals the gender in the envelope. "Alright, here you go." She hands me the envelope. "I will hold on to that, thank you!" Lachie puts his arms around me but whips the paper from my grasp. "Hey!" I pout. "The best I know. You peek." He raised his eyebrow with a sly smirk. I just glare at him. "Thank you so much! We'll see you next time." I turn back to Jasmine. She walks us out to the door, and when the two of us are back in the car, we call Anna. "Hey." I say when she picks up. "How did it go?" She asks. "Fine. Just checking in with you, everything going ok?" I check in with how the setup is going. "Yeah not bad. Just adding some finishing stuff. Are you heading to Party City now?" Anna asks. "Yeah we are just leaving the clinic now." Lachie starts the car. "Ok great. See you soon." Anna signs off. "Ok see you." I hang up. I turn on some Ariana Grande and we karaoke all the way to the store. "I will go in because you will look." Lachie smiles when the car is off. "You could too!" I snap. "Out of the two of us, knowing each other for 7 years, which one of us is more likely to peek at something?" He folds his arms. "You." I put my nose up, knowing I am wrong. He just laughs and opens his door. "I'll be back." He says before he closes it. To kill time, I scroll through my Instagram and decide to post a photo from Maine. I select one of me in the snow from a week ago. 'So, it is cold in Maine.' Was my simple caption. Then it was perfect timing, when the post was just sent and Lachie opened the boot. He put a huge black balloon there and struggled to get it to stay as he closed the door. "So, what did you do while they filled it?" I raise an eyebrow to find out is he peeked. "I went to look at the off-brand football stuff. Shit it is weird. "He laughs, and I can tell he is telling the truth. Because we were early out of the appointment, and didn't have to be at Anna's for a while, we stopped at Dunkin Donuts. Today we actually went in, not drive thru. I got a tea because I don't want to risk anything with caffeine and a chocolate glazed donut. Lachie got a flat white and jam filled. "Is that even on your diet?" I ask when he orders. "Shhhhhh." He puts a finger to his lips. Stupidly, we sit next to a window by the main road, where a group of paparazzi is gathered across the road with their cameras straight at us. Lachie and I manage to get through it for about five minutes, when it starts to piss me off. "Let's get going." Lachie stands up, he can read that I am getting annoyed. I follow behind him with my hand in his to the car. Lachie just had to change the radio to the sports channel on the way to Annas, so I distracted myself on snapchat. 

When we turned onto Annas street, it was lined with loads of cars, who had parked for the party. "Holy shit, the neighbors will not be happy." I laugh as we pull into the drive way, where Anna had saved us a spot. It looked as if everyone was there when we arrived. Maddie came over to greet me, after Lachie hung up my jacket, revealing my white blouse and skirt, then went to find Anna. "Hey hun. So, I have a really cute room idea, and all we need to know is if it's a boy or girl so I can finish the color!" Maddie tells me excitedly. "That is so great, thank you." I hug her. "Have you seen the table?" Maddie asks, and takes me to the dining table where the entire table was covered in pink and blue food. I chose a stick of candy floss to carry around with me to say hi to everyone. Britt then gets everyone's attention to gather outside on the deck. Lachie and I were in front of everyone, and he was holding the balloon. "Thank you so much for coming." I smile at everyone, who was either wearing pink or blue. "Especially on this cold day. Just reminding you, no one else knows that Ev is pregnant yet." Lachie says. "Yeah. Anyway, I guess we should get to it." I get excited. Anna hands me and Lachie a needle. Britt counts down for us. "Three, two, one!" I close my eyes tightly and quickly poke the balloon and hear squealing. For a split second I was nervous to look, but I knew Lachie was excited so I opened my eyes and saw pink confetti falling to the ground. "Oh my God! No way!" I squeal and throw myself into Lachies arms, who was overwhelmed. "We are having our little girl. To spoil." He smiles down at me. "Remember?" He asks, talking about when we had just met and played LIFE, we both wanted one girl to spoil and focus on. "Of course, I do!" I kiss him. Everyone comes around and congratulates us, then I take photos with Anna holding pink candy floss. It didn't really matter that we both posted it, because one, you couldn't tell I was pregnant in the picture, and we captioned it completely off topic. I took photos with my other friend too, Maddie, Hailee, Britt, and I would with Lilia, but she was studying in Pennsylvania and of course, my husband. As the party was wrapping up, Lachie and I sat down to make some phone calls to friends...