37. Fight, we make up

I woke up in Annas bed the next day. She had all the covers on her and I had none. Well, now I know she is a blanket hogger. I remembered today was Jennifers birthday, so I sent her quick text before I got up to have a shower. In the shower, I actually shaved my legs thoroughly for once, maybe because I wanted to make sure Anna was up, I was blasting the Into the Woods playlist again. "Ok! Ok! I am up child. You can turn it down now." Anna yells through my bathroom door. Knowing I have succeeded, I turn off the water, dry my hair, put on some makeup and get dressed for the day into a blush pink skirt with a white cropped tank top and white converse. "Was that necessary?" Anna rolls her eyes when I come downstairs. She was still in her pajamas. "100% yes," I smirk. "Coffee?" Anna pours herself a cup. "Yes please." I sit at the island. "So, remind me what you are doing today?" Anna sips her drink. "Hailee is picking me up at 2 and she had said we might be there awhile," I tell her. "Didn't you have something else? I feel like you do..." Anna thinks. "Not sure. It will come to me." I sigh. We sit there on our phones for a while until the doorbell goes. I get up to answer it. It was Lachlan. That was what I had forgotten. "Hey," I say quietly. "Hi. Is now ok?" He asks. I look at Anna and she shrugs and nods at the same time. "Yeah. Come in." I open the door wider. "Hi Anna," Lachlan says awkwardly. "Hey." She says behind her coffee mug. "We are going upstairs. Will be back soon." I tell Anna who just nods. 

Annas POV

Ok, I really shouldn't do this but I have to. When I hear Ev's door close, I creep upstairs after them. I want to know what happens because she might not want to tell me. Just to make it more intense for me, I crawl on the floor down the hall to sit outside her door. "Ok, I honestly don't know what to say." I hear Ev sigh. I can tell she is standing by the door. "It's hard, I know. But I don't know how our relationship, even as friends will work out if we go on like this." Lachie is sitting on her bed, I think. "No, I  agree. I don't want you to say  anything back, but I mean, I was on a movie set for five months, I wouldn't have all the time in every day to call you or have a descriptive conversation with you about what I was up to." Ev says quickly. "I thought about that, a lot and I get it now. I really do. I know you tried to talk to me as much as possible when you could. It was me being needy." Lachie says. "You weren't being needy. Just, just missing me." Ev says calmly. "I guess so." He says. "You know, when I saw you and you had surprised me on my birthday, I really felt like it couldn't get any better than that." Ev laughs a bit. "But it went the other way. That was me after being on a 4-hour flight and a delay." "And me on the 4 hours of sleep I got." Ev finishes. "You know, maybe it was me looking for an argument, we have never even had one." Lachie laughs. "Maybe." Ev laughs too. "Maybe we should make this better? I would like to take back my 'we're done'. I think we can fix this and get back to us." Lachie tells her. "Ok." I hear her smile. "Tell me about Lilia." Ev's voice gets softer, she is walking to her bed. "She will go out, only if I make her or she has to." I can sense Lachies head dropping, which made my heart drop. "How is your mom then?" Ev asks. "Not the best. I don't know how much longer she will be around, the doctors say a month or two. I really don't know" Lachie starts to cry. Suddenly, my phone that was in my pocket started ringing. Shit. I hurried to turn it off then tried to listen again, but they got quieter I could only hear them muffling.

Everleighs POV

It was obvious Anna was listening outside when we heard the phone ring. But Lachie doesn't have to know it was. "That was mine." I quickly cover it up. "I am so sorry." I sit next to him. "Gemma is ok, but now I think she is taking after Lilia, becoming less keen. And Teddy is still clueless." He wipes some tears. "It will be ok. I am here now. And am not busy for a while now." I try to cheer him up. "Thank you. Come around tomorrow. It will make everyone better." His light blue eyes look right at mine. "Of course. Just curious, what will happen to you guys if your mom... you know..." I ask awkwardly. "The plan is that her sister will come live with us until we are 18 and go from there." He tells me. "Ok. That is not the worst possibility." I put my arm around him. "It's not. There are worse." He sighs. "You'll be around." I smile. "I ain't going anywhere, hun." He stands up. "Good," I whisper. And he takes my hand, which feels weird at first. "We'll be ok." He whispers back, then bravely slips his other hand around my waist. "I think so too." I look up at him. I put my hand on his shoulder and hug him for a long time. 

"Were you seriously listening to that?" I ask when I close the door behind Lachie. "I'm your mom, I get to." She smirks but even though she technically doesn't, I don't feel like making this an argument. "That's the one time you can. I'll let you off." I sigh. "So will you two be ok? You looked more at ease when you came down." Anna says. "Yeah, we are working it out now. Did you hear the part about Joanne?" I ask. "No." Anna looks concerned now. "Lachie said the doctors think she had two months max to live." I put my head in my hands. "That is awful." Anna gasps. "I know. I couldn't imagine if you..." I start to well up with tears. Anna comes around to hug me. We do for a long time and tightly until Hailee comes to pick me up. 

In the studio, Hailee had another demo for me to record and a song that was almost finished she was working on. "This is so good," I yell through the headphones. "When are you going to drop it?" I ask when the song was over. "Don't know." She shrugs and hands me the sheets for the demo. I go through it several times until Hailee is happy with it. I watch her record some more for a while and I even helped her with some lyrics that she might use! On the way home, we stopped for Taco Bell to bring home for Anna.