2;13

TWO WEEKS LATER

"Is that everything?" I call from the front door. "I think so!" Lachie yells from the driveway, and I hear a door slamming. We were finally moving to our new house today, and I was so excited. Hailee was looking after Brooklynn so that left me, Lachie, Maddie and Anna to move everything. We had movers helping us, the truck was packed with everything and my car, Lachies and Annas were overflowing as well. It was just a 10-minute drive from our now, old house, so a 12-minute drive from Annas. We were now all following Lachies car to the house and we had a game plan for when we got there. First to empty out the van and Annas car so she can go get Brooklynn off Hailee because she has to be there, then we sort out the furniture and boxes, and then get some food. Everything started smoothly, the movers were great, they brought the couch and beds into the rooms for us as well as the boxes. I decided to give Maddie an empty house tour since she hadn't seen it yet. I take her through every room and explain where I want everything. When the tour had ended, when we came back downstairs the living room was fully set up already. Even the new TV was mounted onto the wall "What?! When did this happen?" I ask, very happy with how it looks. "Just decided to get the heart of the home done." Lachie smiles and comes over to hug me. "Ew! You're all sweaty!" I squeal when I realize what he was doing. I squirm to get out of his grasp and when I do, he is running after me, so I run out the front, running for my life. He chases me around all three cars and then around the patio and onto the street before I am squealing so much that a neighbour comes running out. The street is quite so I'm standing there for me to figure out it is Kristen Bell. "Oh my God, hi!" I wave. I have worked with Kristen for some campaigns and ads, and we have met at events before as well, but I haven't seen her in about a year. "How are you!" She comes over and gives me a, non-sweaty, hug. "I'm great. Been busy though." I smile, still excited to know that Kristen Bell is my new neighbour. "What brings you here?" She asks. "Well, it looks like we are your new neighbours." I announce. "This is you moving!? Wow it's a big move." She looks impressed. "Thank you. Anna has just gone to get Brooklynn but should be back soon." I tell her. "Oh of course! You just had a child! Congratulations!" She hugs me again, and glances over to Lachie. "Right! This is Lachie, my husband. I don't think you have met before." I introduce them. They make small talk before Lachie goes back inside to help Maddie. "When did you have the baby?" She asks, going back to our conversation. "About 5 months ago now." "Holy shit, you look amazing. How are you finding it?" She asks. "Thank you so much! I love it, the whole thing although it is tiring." I admit, but Kristen only agrees. "Wait, how old are you now?" She checks. "22." I tell her. "Parents are getting younger and younger. Not that that's a bad thing!" She remarks. "Well I love it." I smile. "Do you guys want to come around later? You are more than welcome for a drink or anything." Kristen offers. "That is so nice, thank you! I might take you up on that but will let you know." I say. "I guess I should grab your number then. In case you want help or anything, Dax and the kids are around. "That sounds great. How are they by the way?" I ask, taking my phone from my pocket and handing it to her. "They are good. One is just starting school." She sighs. "No way! I can't wait for Brooklynn to do that." I say, just as Anna pulls back up to the driveway. "Speaking of which." I smile and go over to the car to get Brooklynn out, Kristen follows me over. "Hello precious!" She exclaims when I open the door. "Hello!" Anna says when she sees Kristen and gets out of the car to say hi. Kristen looks like she might explode if she doesn't hold her, so I pass Brooklynn to her. "Oh my God. She is the cutest thing ever. Her eyes are gorgeous. "Thank you, they are Lachies." I tell her as she cuddles Brooklynn. Suddenly a screech comes from Kristen's house. "Sounds like you should get over there." I laugh. She has two girls, Delta and Lincoln who sound like they are fighting at the moment. "Yeah I better. And just text about later. Please come, the girls will love Brooklynn." She says as she passes her back to me, and more screams come from her house. "See you later." I nod, letting her run back over the road. "Lincoln!" I hear coming from her house as I walk inside with Anna. "I have to run, Jack is waiting for me." Maddie meets me at the front door. "Aw ok. Thank you so much for the help." I hug her. "Anytime. If you need anything, let me know." She kisses me on the check before running to her car. I set Brooklynn down on her stomach on the empty floor and let her explore. "Where are you, bubba?" I ask when she tries to figure out what is going on. "This is your new home!" Lachie comes in from the back door and scoops her up, holding her above his head. I always get anxious when he does that, but her face just lights up. "Ok, is there food in this house yet?" Anna asks desperately. "No, but Kristen invited us over." I tell her. "Sweet! See you bitches later." She calls, turning around. "Be nice to her kids please!" I call before she gets away. "No, I'll be the complete devil." She jokes, already out the door. "Oh God." I sigh, sitting down on the floor myself. "Someone is tired." Lachie sits next to me, letting Brooklynn go. "That would be an understatement." I flop backwards to lie down. "Does this make you more tired?" Lachie asks, crawling over to straddle over me. "A little less." I blush. "Now?" He lies over me, and our faces are inches apart. "Getting there." I say, before he comes in to kiss me, and his hands are rubbing my back. We end up rolling over so that I am on top and my legs are wrapped around his torso. I don't know how long we go for until Brooklynn is pulling on my hair. "Ahh!" I laugh, not wanting to pull away. We sit up to look at her, and she has defiantly peed her pants. "Were we too hot to handle?" Lachie laughs, standing up. "Why don't you get changed so we can head to Kristen's, and I'll change her." I suggest to Lachie. He agrees, and Brooklynn tries to scuffle away as I go to pick her up. "Ugh just wait until you are one, you'll be running all over the place."