30. Day one

The next morning, the day we began filming, I didn't have to get up crazy early, but earlier than normal at 7. I had arranged a wake-up call at the hotel the night before. It was easy to wake up, knowing I just could get changed and walk over to set. Anna came over with me and I was shown to my trailer first where I put my back-pack down then to hair and makeup. "Do you know what you are filming today, like what scenes?" Anna sat next to me while Shelley, my makeup artist I met yesterday put on a base layer of primer. "Yeah, Jason sent me the plan last night." I unlock my phone. "It looks like the first scene, then the third then sixth for me," I tell Anna. "I don't know what those ones are, but ok." Anna looks at me as if she should know. Then, Rebecca who does hair came over and started doing my hair in a high ponytail. "I talked to Jason, and I can come back during lunch breaks and stuff like that," Anna says. "I will be fine, you don't have to come all the time you know." I sigh. "Yeah I know, but I just want to see my daughter if that's Ok with you." Anna checks with me sarcastically. "Ok, if you have to." I jokingly complain. Shelley came around and started putting mascara on me when Jennifer came in. "Hey, Everleigh! You excited?" She sits in her chair. "So ready." I smile. Shelley told me I was done so I went down to wardrobe. I was given light blue jeans and a white button-down tank top with white vans. I said bye to Anna easily and walked to set with Jennifer. In her first scene, which was the second one, she just had to wear sweatpants and an oversized shirt that she came in and no makeup. MacKenzie was at set already, talking to a random guy. When Jason saw us, he sprung into action. "Ok, everybody. 5 minutes, I'll just walk through some marks and we are good to go." Everyone started moving around when he finished. He got me and MacKenzie together and made us briefly go through our lines and where to walk at the end. When we were confident, and the cameras were ready, Jason called 'action!' for the first time. I had the first line, the scene was in the school library with Bella and Zoe talking before school about some boy and then about the new teacher who is replacing the old one because she got knocked up during summer and is pregnant now. And, it wasn't actually a library, but it looked real. It only had three walls. And, it wasn't as 'flowly' as I thought filming a movie would be, there are short breaks during takes while the cameras moved and repositioned. Jennifer wasn't in this scene, but she hung around until her first scene. We had to do our scene in maybe 8 takes until Jason was happy, and I wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing. I didn't crack up either, which was what I was sure would be my problem, just once MacKenzie messed up a line so we went back. Since Jennifer watched our scene, I decided to stay and watch hers. The set was made up like a messy apartment. Her character, Louise Morgann was the teacher replacing the old one. Over the summer she had gotten a divorce and stuff like that. The scene that was being shot right now was just her waking up, late already and has to get to work. Jennifer made it look easy, and one time she tripped over the edge of the bed and face planted, it was fucking hilarious! When she had finished her scene, we had a quick break, so I face times Lachie. "Hey, Babe." He smiles. "Are you still in bed?" I ask, noticing he doesn't have a shirt on and is surrounded by white. "Maybe. How is your day going?" He asks. "Great. I have done a scene and have one soon." "Nice. Can you show me anything?" He smiles. "Nope. Just the shirt." I tease, refusing to show the set. "Ok. You have to introduce me to JLaw one time, ok?" He says. "Promise. I gotta go now. But I will try to call you tonight." "Ok. Love you." "Love you too." I blow him a kiss. "Oooh, whos that." Jennifer strolls over to me. "His names Lachie." I blush. "Like, boyfriend Lachie?" She asks. "Maybe." I smile. "You are so cute! But we gotta go now." Jennifer pulls me off the seat I was in. The next scene was in a classroom. We shot that scene then we finally had lunch. Anna came and found me. "Hey, babe. How's it going?" She comes up behind me. "Great. I've done two scenes." I tell her. "Not bad. Remind me what time you finish?" Anna asks. "I think 6." I take a sip of water. "Ok. It's like 2 now so will be back later." Anna kisses me on the cheek and heads over to Jason.

For the rest of the day, we shoot a long scene with just Jennifer and me. I get to wear a onesie so I was happy about that. It was actually quite scary filming this scene, it was later in the movie and by that time, the bond between Louise and Bella was strong. It was scary because Jennifer had to yell in my face, and shit it is terrifying, having a person you look up to pretend to go rage at you. On the first couple times through, I thought I was legit going to cry when my character was supposed to stay strong and act like nothing happened. Jason must have seen my face when I felt that because he cut to ask me. "Everleigh, are you ok? You look... paralyzed." He had to think about that word. "What!? No, I'm great!" I rub my eyes. "I'm just I don't know." I laugh at myself. "But no, I am great." I smile, which makes him laugh. "Ok great. Action!" He calls again. This time, I try to not look... paralyzed and we spent the next three hours changing camera positions and receiving tips. When Jason cut for the last time, Jennifer hugged me. "Was I scaring you?!" She laughs. "What, no!" I turn pink. "Ev!" I spin around and Anna was waiting. I say bye to everyone and sign out to walk back to the hotel with Anna. It was early, so we decided to swim and then ordered dinner, T Bell.