48. Junkies

Sadly, I had to wake up that morning early. Anna was still hungover so I got out of bed to get ready for the long day. We had to do the official interviews for the movie today on the other side of LA and for the next two days, junkets and other press, which I was very excited about. I was going to Jimmy Kimmel and Ellen! I showered and shaved properly this morning because I was wearing a short black pencil skirt with a see-through black floral blouse and bralette underneath and my shoes were open heels with thin straps around the ankle. Maisie lent me the skirt and shoes for today. "Anna are you up?" I knock on her door. I hear muffling around like she just woke up. "Yeah, I've been up for ages." She calls. I open the door and see that she is not. She was just in her bra and underwear from last night. "Yeah. Ages." I say blankly. "I was on Twitter." Anna doesn't make eye contact. "Ok sure. But move your ass we have to go." I motion her to stand up. She does the third time with a pout on her face. "Come on. It's a long ride and we have to be there in two hours." Today I feel like her mum instead, her hangover is making her grouchy. She drags her feet to her bathroom where she washes her face and starts to really slowly take her bra off. "I will drive then." I say, which makes her happy and speed up her pace. I waited for Anna downstairs and when I saw her coming I went to open the car. I still smile every time I see and drive my car. Like always, I run my hand along the rose gold on the side before I get in. Anna slams the door closed behind her. "Hey... Be careful." I frown. I had also settled on a name for my car. Cameo. It is weird but I like it. I would say when people ask me why that the rose gold accents are making a cameo. I don't know. Anna was more upbeat in the car when I played Beyoncé. She did all the dramatics and dances to the songs. It went pretty quickly by the time I pulled up to the hotel where the interviews were. Security was waiting for us and when I parked they took us to the conference room where the interviews were. Jennifer was there getting her makeup touched up. "Hey babes. How do you feel?" She asked. "Tired." I yawn just thinking about it. "Me too." She yawns as well. "But Kimmel in a few days will be great!" Jennifer looks excited. "I know! I can't wait!" I jump a little bit. The lady who was doing Jennifer's makeup then moved on to me. "Is Mackenzie here?" I look around. "She isn't coming until later." The makeup lady says. The interviews today that we were doing were separate and individual so Jennifer had started before me. Her 'space' where she was doing interviews had her character photo behind her. Her hair was messy and lipstick smudged but was dressed like a teacher and had a pen in her hand that was in her mouth pulling her bottom lip down. On the other side of the conference room, they were setting up my 'space'. I was watching Jennifer until they quietly called me away. Anna stayed to the side on her phone the whole time. I came in and my photo was behind me too. I was dressed like an everyday girl and had a backpack at my feet and was twiddling my hair looking nervous but strong. A new lady soon joined me and introduced herself. She asked me questions first about the movie, a message that might be in it and about my character, what she is like, maybe why she is like that. And then a lot of questions about making the movie, the vibes on set, people around, hours I was filming, the heat and then more about me. Why I wanted to do it, the best part, a favorite scene would I do it again, will you peruse acting, school, Anna, Jennifer and who I would want to work with, in the future. It took about an hour to get through it all. There were water breaks and bathroom breaks and lighting changes in between. I could finally stand up again and stretch my legs. I went back over to Anna who was still in the same position on her phone. Jennifer was still being interviewed but on her last question. "How was your experience working with Everleigh and teenagers?" The interviewer asked. "Oh no! She's right over there!" Jennifer laughs and points at me. I sink into my hip and fold my arms sassily and give her a face saying, 'answer carefully'. "It was actually really fun. Mackenzie and Max are great. Everleigh is amazing." Jennifer smiles at me. "I'm not saying this because she is right there but she is crazy good. Child version of Streep good. Maybe better than me." Jennifer laughs. "Ev is going places I can tell you that. And to be honest, I thought it would just be like, hormone junction working with teens, but it wasn't really. I probably was more than any of them." She laughs at her own joke. The camera person calls 'cut!' And Jennifer was done too. "Were you serious about what you said?" I blush. "Yeah!" Jennifer says. "You know I've been compared to Streep quite a lot." I smile proudly. "Well its true. I'm going to go to my room while they set up the junkets. You can come hang if you want." She tells me her room number and walks off. "Hey babe. All done?" Anna looks up. "Yep. I'm starving." I hold my stomach. We decide to go out to dunk in' donuts for some food before we have to be back.

The conference room looked very different when we got back. There were three little soundproof rooms made up with the poster in each of them. "Ok, you know when I got back from A Simple Favor junkets? Now you get to understand." Anna grins. "It can't be that bad." I roll my eyes and go over to Mackenzie and Max. When Jennifer came back down, we started. Jennifer and I were together in one booth, Mackenzie and Max in the next and Victoria and James who played my parents in the last. Anna was half right, there were a lot of the same questions but each person was different, we played a game sometimes or got asked fun questions. Although, I could sense Jennifer getting bored next to me but she wanted to be enthusiastic for me. The whole thing took maybe another two hours to complete. When the last interviewer left the little booth, Jennifer slouched and sighed. "Finally." She puts her head in her hands. "They should all have like a little meet up before they do these and make sure questions don't cross over and share at the end," I suggest out loud. "I know right! That was probably the most times the same question has been asked to me." Jennifer complains and I know which one she is talking about: Was it hard playing your character, to relate to her conditions and lifestyle? And every time she was asked that she changed the answer, which made me laugh every time.

At 6:30 we were done for the day, but still had two more days. I was so tired that Anna drove my car home instead. I lugged upstairs when I got home and changed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.