12. It's official!

Anna and I slept basically the whole day. Well, I let Anna sober up, and I happily waited by sleeping. At 2:30, I went to Anna's room because I thought I heard her moving around. "Hey, Babe." Anna is scrolling through her twitter feed. "Hey. Happy New Year." I crawl onto her bed. Anna pulls me over next to her. "How was last night? Fun?" She asks. "Yeah, It was pretty good." I smile, remembering my kiss. "What did you do?" Anna starts to investigate.  "Well, we talked, played truth or dare, watched some Keeping Up..." I list. "Nice. What time did I get home?" Anna asks, rubbing her eyes. "Um, around 2:30. It was so funny. I have a video of you, completely wasted." I laugh. Annas' face falls. "Oh no." I find the video I took and show her. We laughing the entire time, especially when she was rolling across the floor.  "This is so embarrassing. And I don't remember any of it." Anna cringes. I wipe some tears away. "I have to pee now." I start to get up. "Noooo!" Anna screams and scurries off the bed past me, into the bathroom first. "Damn it." I knock on the door, threatening to come in. I am doing a little dance when Anna finally comes out. "We have two other bathrooms in this house, you know." Anna rolls her eyes as I dash past her. "I thought we should tell everyone today, on Instagram" Anna talks to me through the door. I walk out and join her back on the bed. "About time." She hands me her phone. "Choose a photo" There are literally so many of us already, lots of selfies and random ones. I decide on two, one of us on the plane going to Vancouver and the second was is a selfie from snapchat with the floating hearts. And the third, a selfie from the Noelle set, Anna holding the phone and me on skates in the background doing some odd pose. As the caption, Anna puts, being funny 'So this sucker rejoined my life a couple weeks ago, welcome to the Kendricks, Everleigh.' She tags me and is about to hit share, "No wait! We should post at the same time." I suggest. "Ok, but I have to agree with the photos. We finally, after a lot of debate, choose the same photo, of us on the plane posing sassily the same way, and it matches my feed the best. The other one is a funny photo of us in the hotel in Canada, a selfie of us hanging off the bed upside down with our tounges out. I caption mine 'like mother like daughter' and tag her. We hit 'share' at the same time and we don't say anything for awhile. "Why don't we, just to stress everyone out, leave our phones alone for the rest of the day. We should leave them up here and go watch Game of Thrones downstairs." Anna suggests. "Sold." I get up off the bed and dash downstairs to get the middle spot on the couch. "No. That is my spot." Anna complains. "Too late," I smirk and turn the TV on. "Oooh, High School Musical is on. Let's watch that instead." Anna squeals. "Really?!" I ask. "We have to start out 2018 right." Anna recites. It was only just starting, and we both knew all the words. "No, I'm Gabriella, your Troy!" I playfully push her when she starts to sing my part. After breaking free, Anna goes to make us Mac n Cheese. "Hey, you know we sounded pretty good together. I didn't know you could sing." Anna hands me a bowl of cheesy goodness. "I obviously got it from you" "Why don't you get some covers done or something? I'd do it with you." Anna offers. "You would? Yeah, I don't know. We'll see..." I tell her, not 100% sure. "Ok, I am dying without my phone now." Anna groans. "Me too. I didn't want to be the 'weak' one." We look at each other and race back up the stairs to Annas room where we left our phones. "Holy fuck," I remark, looking at all the Instagram, snapchat, twitter and text notifications. "Damn right." Anna says, surprised. "Look at Just Jared, they have articles on it." Anna shows me. "It's only been like two hours." I see a lot of tweets linking to articles and photos. Also, my follower count has gone up heaps. A lot of my friends in Arizona in our group chat have spammed. 'Holy Shit Everleigh!' 'Sweet Jesus!' and 'Oh. My. God.' Were a lot of the comments and messages. "Maybe I should do like a 'follow up' post?" Anna thinks. I say yes, so I choose another photo, another selfie of us on the private plane and Anna is kissing me on the cheek. She captions it 'Everleigh Claire Noelle Kendrick'. "Wow, nice 'follow up'" I mock when I see it. "Calm the fuck down, ok?" She sighs sarcastically. Then, we hear the doorbell go, and after negotiation, Anna decides I have to answer it. I'm glad I did, it was Lachie. "Hey." He smiles when I open the door. "Hi." I gush. "I saw your posts, just wanted to say congrats." He says and hugs me. "So, whats up?" I ask, still not entirely sure why he is here. "Mom wanted me to come, and help you register for Lilia and Is' online homeschooling program thing." "Ok, Anna is upstairs. I guess I need my laptop?" I ask. "Yep." Is all he says. I go back upstairs before him, sprint to my room and grab my MacBook and am in Annas' room before him. "Lachie, is, here to, help register, for, online, homeschool." I pant. "Oh, thats right. I talked to Joanne about it." Anna nods. I open my computer. "Ok, what is the program called?" I ask Lachie, he types it in. It was really easy to set up, it was a lot of names and email addresses though. I was put in the same group thing as Lachie and Lilia. "It says it starts next week." I say out loud. "'Yep, on Wednesday. And Mom said you can always come over to work with us." He tells me. "Or you two can come here." Anna adds I nod. "I have to go, we are going out somewhere, but I might see you tomorrow." Lachie says. "Ok. I'll walk you out." I stand up. As soon as Anna can't see us, I talk to Lachie. "I honestly loved last night." I whisper. "He instantly says, "We should make it official." I was a bit surprised. "We met like a week ago." I whisper. He takes my hand. "We have something special. Can't you feel it? I know you do." I look at the ground, he lifts my chin up. "I do." I smile. "What do you say? Make this, an 'us'?" He asks. "Yes. But it has to be secret for a while. I have to warm it up to Anna." I tell him, seriously. "Of course." For some reason, we go out the back door where, in the driveway, we kiss for a while again. When I get back upstairs, Anna is acting really weird. "Whats your problem?" I chuck a pillow at her. "So, you know this room has windows." She laughs. My stomach flips. Annas windows in her room look out on the driveway. She saw Lachie and me just before. Anna holds up her phone, also with a picture of us. "Care to explain?" She asks. I feel myself go red. "Not really." I mumble and run out of the room escaping. I find a hiding place next to the couch downstairs. "Nice try, bitch. This is my house, you don't think I know the hiding spots?" Anna laughs. I try to escape again, crawling on the couch. But Anna sits on top of me. "What did I just witness between you two?" She integrates. I am gasping for air. "A kiss." I manage to say. Anna stands up and looks at me. "And, do you know that these walls are not soundproof, so I could hear every word spoken?" She can't help smiling. All I can do is groan. "Ev, you know I have no problem with it, just nothing too serious too fast." Anna bends down so she is level with me. "Are you sure?" I am shocked. "I thought you would have been mad." I say slowly. "I like Lachie and I trust him." She tells me, and I sit up. "So you are ok?" I double check. "Babe, if I wasn't, you would be out the door already. But just don't post it anywhere yet either." Anna tells me. "Ok. I love you." I smile. "Love you too. Baby girl is growing up so fast!" She says with a southern accent. "Stooppppp."