32. Aftermath

The whole trailer shakes when the door slams. I didn't know how to react. The first thing I thought was he is just sitting outside, so I run outside onto the lot and when he wasn't there, I notice a black SUV driving away from the gates. I wasn't mad he left, or sad, or happy. I went back inside and sat on the couch. I didn't cry because I, I know I shouldn't, but I felt satisfied with myself as well as overworked. Also, I had makeup on so I couldn't smudge it. My phone buzzed. Jason texted me. '5mins, come down'. I went over to my mirror and fixed my hair and put on the sweatpants I had to wear. I walked to the set with my arms folded and head down, trying to get my mind off the incident that just happened. Jennifer was filming a scene, where she had to be drunk.I stood to the side and thought to myself, if I was old enough to drink and I had just had a breakup, would I binge? I snapped back to real-time when Jason called me over. He told me all the directions I had, pacing back and forth in a classroom and sitting on the desk. We had to do our scene a lot more than average, because of me. I would forget line after line, but it was better than breaking down and crying in front of everyone. We eventually got the scene done at 2:30 am, Jennifer got to go but I had one small scene to do. It was easy enough, just walking around 'my house'. When I could finally go, I had to go back to my trailer, and I was meeting Anna at the main gate. I put on my denim shorts and slippers, took my makeup off and then I noticed the thing Lachlan threw on my couch. It was wrapped in pink paper and tied off with a white bow. I opened it. It was a necklace with two silver rings interlocking. I gasped when I opened it. I didn't know what to do with it, obviously not put it on. I finally decided to leave it in the trailer until I sort things out with him. But apparently he knew, I saw my phone with a text from him. 'we're done.' That was it then. "Ok," I say to myself, fanning my eyes, trying not to cry. I just curl up into a ball and I can't help but to cry. 

Eventually, maybe 15 minutes later, I hear the door open. Still kind of crying, I roll over and through the glisten of my tears, I see Anna standing there. "Oh my Gosh!" Anna kneels down so she is level to me. "What happened to you?" She strokes my hair. I can say 'nothing', because something happened. I reach for my phone and show Anna the text from Lachlan. "Ev. I'm sorry." Anna gasps. "It's fine. We were way young anyways like it would last, and only for 6 months." I tell her, which was what I had been thinking about for the past 15 minutes. Anna picks my small body up still in my little ball and puts me on her lap. "I know you loved him. And he loved you." She rocks back and forth. "I don't think he thought that." I sniffle. "What happened?" Anna whispers. I take a deep breath. I told her how he surprised me, we got cake, came back to my trailer, he asked if we should get something to eat, I said we had just come back but he wanted to take me but I didn't know he was even coming. So then he wanted to go for a walk but I obviously couldn't because I was filming a fricken movie so he asked about time off but he got mad that I was going to Maine and not to see them. And about he raged over how I don't have time, just because I am working hard for what I want. I told her how he wanted more time from me and I told him I was trying but he thought not enough. Then I showed Anna the necklace that he left. "I, I don't know what to say." Anna looks sad. "It's over," I whisper, actually realizing for the first time. "But." I stand up. "I am here right now, doing what I want to do, my dream and this fucker won't get in my way," I say confidently, Anna beams at me. "You're a professional." Anna hugs me. I wipe the rest of my tears away and gather my stuff to walk back to the hotel with Anna. We have a late night swim together before we get to bed. 

I didn't have to be on set until 10 that morning so Anna and I slept in for hours. I hadn't changed what I was wearing last night so I decided it was respectable enough to go in. Anna had done the same thing so we both literally rolled out of bed and went. The paparazzi was really busy today, it was loud and obnoxious as usual. Like we normally do when we arrive, Anna goes and talks to Jason about whatever they talk about, then I go to hair and makeup than to my trailer to get changed or until I'm needed.  So today, my hair was a half up half down and I had on normal makeup. My outfit was a denim blue skirt with a white v-neck shirt with a white cardigan and white vans. I went to change in my trailer, and I still had about 20 minutes until we start. I was just on my phone when I saw Jennifer come in. "Hey babes." She sits next to me. "Hey." I smile, still in the middle of commenting on Annas post of us yesterday for my birthday. "How's it going? Liking the set and stuff?" Jennifer asks. "It's great. I really love it." I tell her truthfully. "That's good. But I just wanted to check in on you. Last night. I heard some shit go down." Jennifer adjusts her seating. "Yeah. Just a big disagreement." I answer vaguely. "Who? With Anna?" She asks. "No, no way. With Lachlan. He came to surprise me last night but then it just went downhill." I sigh. "I'm sorry. Are you ok?" Jennifer rubs my back. "We broke up. But I can't let it get in the way of anything. Do you think anyone else heard?" I suddenly ask. "Um, I was in my trailer next to you. I couldn't tell you. But there are other guys, better than him." She stands up. "Yeah." Is my reply. "Let's go girly. We gotta get down there." Jennifer stands me up.