Through love, through pain and through beauty fish. Forever

(A/N Alex is my favourite character. I love her and the love her and Piper share. I wanted to get across Alex's love for Piper as well as Piper's love for her)

(Piper's POV)

I've known and loved Alex Vause for well over a decade. Through this riot I couldn't stop thinking about how I could die, or worse, she could. I'd be lost without her. It made me realise just how much I love her and need her in my life. Forever. My parents weren't exactly welcoming of who I was like Alex's mom Diane was of her. They much preferred Larry and had visions of me giving them grandchildren and growing old with him but I couldn't. I love Alex. I know that now. Larry was just a distraction while I waited for Alex to get her act together. I chuckle to myself as I remember Alex introducing me to her mother.

Flashback
Alex had driven me to her mom's house in her jet black two seater convertible Porsche. She was a drug dealer who was loaded and I remembered her telling me when she was introduced to the cartel she'd always wanted to buy a Porsche to get back at the bullies she had in school and earn enough to repay her mom for all she has done for Alex, my love. She put the roof down when we got into the car, she was in a very good mood. I suggested we bring her mom some champagne or flowers or something like that.
"That's a great idea Pipes. I love how thoughtful you can be." she says leaning in for a kiss. I kiss her back, obviously.
We stop at the store and I go in because Alex wanted me to "surprise her" with what I wanted to give her mom. I picked out a bottle of champagne, I know my Vause likes her drink so maybe Mom Vause might too. I came out to Alex yelling, her voice was laced with venom, I've seen her get defensive before, especially over me, I know when she does this that it's never good. "YES, I HAVE DONE WELL FOR MYSELF AND YES, THIS IS MY CAR! I'VE GOT MORE MONEY THAN YOU AND YOUR WASP FAMILY EVER WILL IN A LIFETIME, I'VE GOT A PENTHOUSE APARTMENT AND A GIRLFRIEND HOTTER THAN YOU AND YOUR MAKEUP SOAKED FOLLOWERS PUT TOGETHER!" 'Aw' I think to myself and walk out with the champagne utterly confused. Who is Alex talking to, no, yelling at? Alex wastes no time when she sees me, "OH AND HERE SHE COMES NOW! Hey babe, I see you bought my mom the most expensive champagne. That's great, she'll love it! It's on me of course." she calms only when she speaks to me. I can tell from the other woman's appearance that this was one of Alex's high school bullies. Alex had described their less flattering features to me so I could tell by looking at this woman leaning on the door of my side of Alex's car that she was one of them. I pushed past her and got into the car. "What's going on Al?" I ask. "Oh nothing schnookums, just facing my fears head on. Or in this case telling this bitch who tortured me in high school to get the fuck off of my car before I run her over with it. I believe karma is a bitch." At this the woman, who I believe goes by the name Jessica Wedge, stops leaning on Alex's car with a look of shock on her face and says "I'm sorry Vause, you're clearly not a pigsty anymore. I'll lea-". Alex never told me what they'd called her at school and hearing it for the first time coming from the main bully herself made me angry. "What did you just call my girlfriend?" "I called her Vause, that's her name isn't it?" She retorted. I continued. "No, no, you called her pigsty. Damn. I don't know if you've seen my girlfriend but the last time I checked she was chased by every girl within a 10 mile radius and she chose me (I smile at Alex). Your ass must be pretty jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. Now kindly leave Josh is it? Oh I'm sorry Jess. We have an important meeting to get to". Smirking at Jessica Alex revs the car into gear and waves "Bye Bye Bitch" as we speed away.
Not too long after the encounter with Jessica, Alex says to me "Babe that was so hot you coming to my rescue like that. I'm very grateful and thankful for you, you have no idea. Maybe I can show you just how much I love having you around tonight." She winks, smirks and rubs my thigh.
We arrive at her mom's house and Alex turns to me with a reassuring smile, "Are you ready for this babe?" "Are you kidding? I'm dying to meet the person that made and raised the person I love more than anything." She smiled lovingly at me and kissed me passionately. I knew how much she loved her mom and she was more than grateful I had taken the time to do this. I realised just how big her mom's house was. "Alex did you buy this for her?" I ask. "Yes. As soon as Kubra was paying me enough I jumped at the soonest chance to give my mom just a small sliver of what she gave me." Alex Vause may appear tough and ruthless, which admittedly she can be if you cross her, but if you know her like I do, you will see that she is the kindest, sweetest person. We got out of her car and Diane was already running down the drive to meet us. I smiled at her joy of seeing her daughter again. "You must be the infamous Diane Vause!" I say handing her the bottle of champagne I had bought for her. "Aw honey you shouldn't have!" She said taking the gift. "You must be the famous Piper Chapman. The love of my daughter's life. The light of her eye. I've heard and know more about you than I do my own daughter!" She continues, "Mom, I've finally found her. I've finally found the perfect girl for me, oh and did I mention she is hot as fuck?" She finished mimicking Alex. I look round at my girlfriend who had turned a bright magenta. "Okay yeah thanks for that mom." Alex groans, embarrassed as she got the cases from the trunk of the car.
Later that night once we had settled, Alex maintained her promise to me for 'rescuing' her from Jessica Wedge if you know what I mean.

I was walking down the prison corridor/hiding from riot activities making my way to Caputo's office. The only working phone left in the prison was in there. I didn't realise I was smiling at my memory and what I was about to do until my jaws started to hurt. I needed to call my mom, dad or both of them. I wanted to marry Alex Vause and no one was going to stop me. I got to the phone and dialled the number. After a LONG conversation they finally gave in and I was ecstatic. I skipped back to the bunker we were hiding in. Kneeled down to Alex and took her one remaining hand, the arm that the monster Piscatella hadn't snapped in half.
"Alex Pearl Vause?"
"Yes? Piper Elizabeth Chapman?"
"You have taught me that love hurts. You have taught me that life... *I begin to sniffle*... it hurts and I want to be there for you. I want us to be there for each other, so that maybe it hurts a little less. Will you be my partner through love and through pain and through beauty fish forever?" I somehow manage to get it out through sniffles.
"Is that your question?" She asks knowing full well what I was trying to romantically ask her. Alex has always been one for straight talk so I came out and asked her.
"Alex will you marry me?" The corners of her mouth upturned slightly. I could tell I had taken her by surprise in a good way.
"I figured that's what you were doing and..." oh come on Alex please put me out of my misery! I found myself leaning forward hoping to coax an answer out of her.
"Yes" she finally answered. I was over the moon. The love of my life was finally my fiancé. I had finally made up my mind. I had chosen Alex Vause. I heard Red, Blanca, Nicky, Frieda, Gina and everyone else shout their congratulations and Alex and I kissed passionately and neither of us wanted this kiss to end.