Aw, Alex

(Piper's POV)

I woke up the next morning with Alex still cuddling me in her arms and my head nestled in her chest. I noticed on my cheek that her chest felt warm, warmer than usual. As if her skin was reacting to something. I lifted my head and felt my cheek to check if it was me going pink at the thought of last night and just being in Alex's arms again. But no, it wasn't me. It was definitely Alex. I gently rubbed my eyes so I wouldn't wake her, going by her peaceful breathing, she was still asleep and I didn't want to disturb her. Alex was convinced that I needed rest, I had done nothing but rest, she was the one fighting my attempted murderer and getting hardly any sleep, if anything, she was the one out of the two of us who needed it.
My eyes started to come into focus and I saw that Alex had gotten another tattoo. At least, I saw a blurry outline of one.
'That must've been the errand she wanted to go on'. I thought to myself.
My eyes fully focused and I saw the tattoo for all that it was.
The first shape I saw was a heart. I then saw it had writing in it.
The writing was my name. Alex had gotten a tattoo of my name in a heart. As if the house on an island wasn't enough, she did this. I didn't know how to feel, I felt a mixture of happy, lucky, loved, wanted. A whole bunch of happy emotions. I couldn't believe she did that. My mind then registered the area she had got it done. It was above her heart. I had to get a matching one with her name in it in the same area. It made me feel so happy knowing exactly what this tattoo meant. It meant she truly loved me and always would. I knew she did anyway but Alex had always said she wouldn't get a name tattoo and here she was, lying in bed with me with a tattoo of my name. Aw, Alex.
I kissed the tattoo on her chest. Her chest started to vibrate as she started to laugh,
"It took you long enough." She said through her laughs as she opened her eyes to look down at me, smiling.
"Alex baby, I can't believe you did that." I say smiling and in awe.
"Do you like it?" She asked hopefully.
"Alex, I love it. It's so sweet of you to do that! You always said you would never get a name tattoo because it's tempting fate of a breakup."
"Well, we've been through a lot together, we're now married, you've been shot and nearly killed three times. You're the one Piper and I love you with all my heart. That's why it's there, above my heart. I just knew it was the right time to get it done, when we started dating those years ago, I was going to get it done back then but you left so I didn't but now that we're married, here it is." She finished, still smiling.
I was stroking her new tattoo,
"I love you with all my heart too Al." I reply. She smiled and kissed me.
I got out of bed instantly.
"Where do you think you're going? Get your ass back here!" Alex tried pulling me back into bed with her but I pulled her out of bed with me instead.
"Get changed Alex." I told her.
"Why?" She asked confused.
"Because I'm getting myself one of those." I told her.
"Wow, I knew you were narcissistic before and I even called you a narcissistic horse's ass back in prison but this is a whole new level Pipes." She joked.
I threw a pillow at her that now said "Mrs Vause" thanks to our prison pals.
"You asshole! You know what I mean!" I say to her laughing. She wrapped both arms around me, smiled at me and kissed me again.
"Let's go get you your third tattoo." She said.
We got changed and Alex drove me to Trevor's tattoo place.
"Hey, Alex and the new Mrs Vause I believe." He said to me.
"It's true, she tied me down Trevor." I grinned, showing him my rings.
"What is it with you girls and showing off your wedding rings?" Trevor asked. I looked at Alex confused.
"I may have done the same thing yesterday." She admitted with a smile.
"So, Piper, to what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked me.
"Well, I have recently seen what my wife here has just done and am here to request a matching tattoo, in the same place only with 'Alex' written in the heart instead of 'Piper'.
"No problem." He said as I lifted my shirt for him to do the tattoo.
"What? No sarky comment about Piper lifting her shirt Trevor?" Alex said from behind me. She was standing behind me rubbing my shoulders.
"What?!" I ask, getting protective over my Alex.
"With both of you here? Are you kidding? I don't want to get killed by a couple of lesbians. Although, what a way to go that'd be." He laughed as he started the tattoo.
An hour later the tattoo was complete and I loved it.
"It's amazing! Thank you Trevor!" I say, pleased. I paid and Alex and I walked out of the tattoo parlour hand in hand to drive back to our apartment, now with matching tattoos.