Piper's surprise

(Alex's POV)

I stayed in the ocean to cool down a bit. Hawaii was fucking hot. I swam a few lengths parallel to the beach. On a length on the way back I noticed Polly had come and sat on my lounger beside Piper. They were talking and laughing together. It made me happy they were friends again and, I guess, my new business partners. Well, Polly was my business partner, Piper was my life partner. Seeing her reunited with her best friend and laughing with her just filled me with so much joy. It also gave me a chance to go back to the suite and pack our things so we could check out and sail off to Vauseman Island. I was trying to contain my glee.
I started to walk out of the ocean to do what I had planned but Piper was watching me. We were married and together, of course she was watching me, why didn't I think of this? I still made use of Polly being there though. I walked up to my wife and new business partner.
"Babe, I need to do something back in the suite ok? I'll try not to take too long." I said putting my clothes back on to go back into the hotel, stooping down to kiss her, taking both of her hands in mine and smile at Polly. Piper looked disappointed that I was leaving and it made me happy that she wanted me to stay. Surprising her was definitely going to be worth it.
"Oh ok sure babe, no problem." She said as we reluctantly let go of each other's hands as I walked away.

I got back to our suite and ran around packing everything into our cases. I took our wedding dresses out of the closet and put them in their cases, cleared the bathroom of our things and after 10 minutes I was finally finished. I went as fast as I could because I didn't want Piper to know until I told her. I called reception and asked them to bring up a bell boy. 2 minutes later there was a knock at the door and the bell boy loaded our cases onto the luggage cart and wheeled it into the elevator with me in tow.
"Did you and your new bride enjoy your stay Mrs Vause?" He asked me.
"We did. It was wonderful. Thank you." I told him and smiled. The elevator dinged and opened on the ground floor. I went to the reception desk and checked out, answering the same question the bell boy had asked me. I told them I was planning to surprise my wife so asked them to take our cases onto my boat. I told them where they would find it and they agreed as a gratuity and congratulations from the hotel to us as a newly married couple who had used their hotel for our wedding. I thanked them, found Piper's parents, our prison gang and the rest of our wedding group and we all headed back out to tell Piper. We took the back exit to sneak up on her and Polly. It was damn hard since I had gathered so many people.

(Piper's POV)

Polly and I were sitting at the beach's bar with a pina colada each.
"That wife of your's is definitely up to something." Polly told me, as if I didn't already know.
"Oh I figured that out hours ago." I smirked at Polly, "She's been shifty all morning. Before breakfast, she made a phone call and made sure I was out on the balcony, out of earshot. At breakfast, she got a text and let me go get food while she stayed at the table and stared at her screen and now this. I know for a fact she's not cheating on me, she's made it very clear that I'm her one and only like she is mine, so she's either back in the drug business, she better not be, or it's a surprise for me."
"I guess we'll see Pipe. She said she'll be back, we'll tell by her face."
"I'm not so sure Pol. When I first met her she let me think she was single and she has a killer poker face." I said looking off in the direction of the hotel with narrowed eyes. I looked back at Polly and she was smiling at me.
"What?" I ask her.
"I think you've got your answer." She said unable to contain her smile and her eyes looked down so I followed her gaze.
Alex was kneeling behind me with a huge grin on her face with our wedding guests gathered in a semi circle around her. I couldn't contain my smile. She was about to surprise me.
Alex then spoke.
"Piper Elizabeth Chapman Vause." She said my name still grinning. I decided I'd mimic her when I asked her to marry me.
"Yes, Alex Pearl Vause?"
She took my hand in her's, still kneeling.
"When we temporarily separated all those years ago, my ex, Sylvia, came knocking again, after we had broken up, us in Hawaii was the only picture I couldn't bring myself to put away, I still loved you so much back then and I wanted to save face especially in front of her. I told her we were still together and that you were having coffee with Polly. She threw the picture at me,  nearly destroying it and it made me realise how I never wanted to lose you or our memories and I would do my hardest to get you and our memories, back. So, I flew back here and bought a boat. I sailed it out and discovered an island. I was sitting on the sandy beach looking out at the clear blue water thinking to myself how much you would've loved it if you had been there sitting on that beach with me. The letter you wrote to me when you left, I carried with me, everywhere I went because you had written the words "I love you Alex and I probably always will." I was sitting on that beach with your letter in my hands reading that sentence over and over again. Eventually, I got up and sailed my new boat back here, to Hawaii, wondering what I should call it. It hit me in a heartbeat. What name and whose name did I love most in the world?"
At that a yacht came speeding across the ocean, driven by the hotel's bell boy, and stopped right in front of the piece of beach we were all gathered on. At the back of the boat was the word, or rather, name, 'Piper'. I could feel happy tears coming down my face and my jaw starting to hurt since I couldn't stop smiling. Even after I broke her heart and my own in the process, Alex still loved me wholeheartedly, as I did her. This was the sweetest thing anyone could have and would ever do for me. She continued.
"I left it here and flew back to New York knowing I would still always have at least one Piper in my life even if you never came back to me. Years later, you never came and I was heartbroken and angry but I still absolutely adored you, a deal went wrong and me and 12 of my colleagues were arrested. I was facing a hell of a long time in prison if I didn't give up names. Hurt, anger and love brought me to say your name. I wanted you back Piper and I succeeded even if it was in a cruel way. I had no other options so I played my last remaining card, my ace of hearts." This was a private love joke we had together. No one but her and I would understand it and it just added to the sweetness of her gesture.
"Hawaii is where I had a lot of happy times with you Piper and the other Piper was docked here. When you asked me where I wanted to go for our honeymoon I knew right away. That night that we officially got engaged and released from prison, you actually did go out for coffee with Polly and I wasn't attacked by an ex of mine. I was thinking about how we had chosen Hawaii as our honeymoon destination and that island I had discovered. I couldn't get that island and the thought of you seeing it out of my head. So, I bought the island just for you and me. You wanted to take my name when we got married to keep the Vause name alive since I was the last Vause after my mother died. That, meant more to me than any gift anyone could ever give me. But I still wanted to remember the name of the only girl I have ever loved and the only girl I always will ever love. My one true love, Piper Elizabeth Chapman. The Chapman to my Vause. I'm sure you've been wondering what I've been doing on my phone all day? Well, I had a local architect draw up plans and build a house for us on the island and the text I got at breakfast was his reply to my question of how much I owed him. With that said, will you, Mrs Vause, like to join me on our honeymoon, sailing away on 'Piper' to our new house on our island, Vauseman Island?" She finished and I couldn't believe what I had just been gifted. Alex Vause was the best human being in the whole world and I was married to her. I had no words. Except one. No, two. Hell yes! This had to be the single most adorable, sweetest, kindest, loving gesture anyone would EVER give me. I was LITERALLY the LUCKIEST girl in the world.
"Alex, get up, I don't want to hurt you." I made it sound like a 'no' to surprise her back. What I really meant by this was I was about to jump into her arms and scream 'hell yes' and I didn't want to break her back. Her face dropped when I said 'get up' and her look of utter upset and disappointment killed me but she stood up. She was standing in front of me and I jumped into her arms and she caught me.
"HELL YES! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MRS VAUSE AND I AM NEVER LETTING YOU GO AGAIN! THAT IS THE SWEETEST" I kissed her, "KINDEST" I kissed her again, "MOST LOVING" I kissed her again, "MOST ADORABLE" I kissed her again, "BEST GESTURE THAT ANYONE WILL EVER DO FOR ME! I AM THE LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE!" I had her face completely plastered with kisses by now and her hurt face immediately turned to sheer delight and happiness when I jumped into her arms and screamed "Hell yes!" She had the biggest grin on her face, exactly matching the one I had when she said "yes" to my marriage proposal.
"No, I am and I love you too." She said and we kissed long and hard. Everyone cheered loudly and Alex carried me to her boat that was out at sea not caring if her flip flops or shorts got wet. We kissed all the way up to the boat. The bellboy had put up a banner that said "Just Married. The new Mrs and Mrs Vause." and had our suitcases on the boat also. Alex must've already checked us out of the hotel. He took off his pants as they were part of his uniform and he didn't want them to get wet, luckily he was wearing swim pants underneath and jumped off Alex's boat and swam to shore. Alex put me down and took the wheel.
"BYE EVERYONE!" I yelled and waved as Alex sped off in the direction of Vauseman Island. I couldn't believe I was actually saying that.