It pays to be friends with the Vauses

(Piper's POV)

We got back to our apartment, Alex flopped down on the couch and flicked on Netflix. She had started watching Breaking Bad. 'Hmm now I wonder what gave her the interest in that show I wonder?' I sarcastically thought to myself, grinning at her. I started to cook breakfast for us both so we could snuggle up on the couch while watching the show together, eating what I had made. I was making scrambled eggs, bacon and toast. My mind suddenly flashed back to when I got the fish tattoo in Tahiti for Alex, tried to hide it from her and she had gotten 'Love is pain' in response and as a joke. I was still grinning when I came to the realisation of what she had done this morning. She looked round to me,
"What's that grin for?" She asked, laughing at my expression.
"You did that on purpose!" I giggle.
"I don't know what you're talking about." She said with a smirk, turning back around to face the TV. She knew exactly what I was talking about.
I playfully threw a slice of bread at her which hit her in the back of the head.
She turned around with her mouth open and a smile forming.
"Did you just attack me with a slice of bread Mrs Vause?"
"So what if I did?" I say smirking and chuckling to myself, going back to stirring the pot of eggs. I could see from the corner of my eye that Alex had paused the show and was slowly getting up to exact her revenge. I smiled.
She was sneakily walking up to the island I was cooking at and grabbed the carton of milk. She opened it and started to walk towards me.
I looked up and saw an evil grin on her face.
"No! No, no, no." I laughed and backed away. I grabbed a whisk from the pot of utensils and held it out to her.
"What are you going to do? Whisk me?" She laughs.
"If it saves me from the milk, yes." I laugh back.
"Come here and take my revenge like the girl I married!" She mimicked what I had said to her on our wedding night and started to chase me round the island.
"Aaah! No! Go away!" I laugh as I start to run away.
I jump on the couch thinking Alex wouldn't want the leather to smell like milk if she poured it on me, I figured it was the safest place to be in this situation. I was wrong. Alex jumped on top of me, pinning me to the couch and poured the milk right on my face. She then licked it from my face. I lay there blinking at her. She had managed to avoid the couch and just hit her target, me. She smirked, we laughed and started kissing.
The phone rang. Alex groaned and got off of me to answer it. I went back to making breakfast, just about saving the eggs from getting burnt.
"Pipes, it's someone from Litchfield." She tells me and puts it on speaker. At our wedding, Alex had given Nicky our home number in case she needed anything.

"An inmate from Litchfield federal prison is attempting to contact you. To accept this call, please press 1."

Alex put the phone back on the stand and pressed 1.
"Alex? Piper? Is one of you there?"
It was Nicky. I was right.
"You have us both Nicky, is everything alright?" Alex asked.
"Uh, well yes and no." She said and continued, "When Piper was in the hospital and you got called in to see her, you took hours and I eventually gave up. I started to leave the hospital to re-surrender since I had missed the deadline for furlough and knew I was wanted. When I was leaving, two cops came in with some schmuck who had just been arrested for a robbery. Anyway, one recognised me and arrested me. I had to tell him that Piper got shot because he was wondering why I was in a hospital." She says and Alex angrily interrupts her.
"You told the cops Piper's name?!" She growled at Nicky.
"Jesus, relax Vause, no, I just told him that I had recently been at your wedding, got kidnapped and that my friend got shot." Nicky told her, trying to calm her. She did. Alex softened.
"I told the cop that I shot your ex boss and killed him and his buddies in self defence. He gave me 2-3 more years of added time. That's why I'm calling." She explained sadly and continued, "It means I can't marry Lorna for a maximum of another 3 years."
I imagined myself in Nicky's shoes. Not being able to marry Alex for another 3 years would've killed me so I went back into our bedroom, leaving Alex to talk to Nicky and grabbed my phone and dialled Daniel's number. Daniel was our lawyer for PoPi, he might know something that could help Nicky.
"Hello?"
"Hi Daniel, it's Piper. Listen I was wondering if you could give me some legal advice."
"You're not in trouble again are you?" He asked nervously.
"No, it's about my friend in prison, we went through, a thing, she killed in self defence and got 2-3 years added time for it. Daniel she has a fiancé who gets out in a week and they want to get married right away. I know what that feels like having recently gotten married." I explain.
He sighs down the phone, thinking.
"Okay, I know a guy who's really good with criminal law, one of the best. I'll send you his contact details and you can forward them to your friend."
"Thanks Daniel! Could you do it now? It's just, she's on the line with us right now." I ask.
"Ok no problem. I've just emailed you." He says.
"Great! Thanks so much Daniel!" I say and hang up.
I opened Alex's laptop and found Daniel's email. He had sent through the contact details of a criminal defence lawyer called Liam Jacobs.
I picked up the laptop and went back out to Alex.
"Nicky, don't worry. I've got a lawyer for you." I tell her through the phone.
Alex looks at me confused and says, "Pipes, Daniel is a business lawyer." She had noted I was holding her laptop.
"No, I just called him, he sent over the details of one of the best criminal defence lawyers. Some guy called Liam Jacobs." I tell her.
I read out the details to Nicky.
"Piper, that means so much! I owe you one! Thank you!" She hangs up.
Alex looks at me lovingly.
"What?" I ask her.
"You really are the best you know that?" She smiles.
I smile back, blushing, "I try." She kisses me on the cheek and I stand up, put the laptop on the coffee table and go back to making breakfast.
Alex sat back down on the couch and I brought over our plates and as planned, we snuggled up together, eating breakfast and watching Breaking Bad together.