Enemies dealt with, now, back to love

(Alex's POV)

Our jet landed, we had said goodbye and thank you to Felix and I had helped Piper back into my Porsche, holding the door open and holding her hand as she slowly got in, neither of us wanting to hurt her shoulder any more than it was. When she was in, I slid into the driver's seat and sped away to our apartment. When I changed gears, Piper put her hand on mine while it was on the gearstick. I looked over to her already looking at me and we smiled at each other. We kept our hands there until Piper brought my hand up and kissed it.
I smiled and laughed,
"Okay, I love you too but I need that hand to drive unless you want to go back to the hospital."
She laughed and let go of my hand so I could drive again.
Piper needed rest and I was going to give it to her. I was annoyed she had come with me to question Danielle because a rested Piper was a faster healing Piper but I wasn't mad, I knew she wanted and needed to come. I also didn't want to leave her in a city that might still be dangerous.
When we got to the building, we didn't have any suitcases due to our recent circumstances. Jeremy, our door man, was confused and concerned Piper had returned from our honeymoon in a sling. We just told him that it was a long story and she was making a speedy recovery, much to my relief.
We got into the elevator and the doors closed. She leaned up against the wall provocatively and beckoned me closer while saying with a smirk,
"Remember that kiss you wanted?"
I smirked back and gently slinked an arm around her waist and pressed my other hand against the wall of the elevator on the side she had her hurt shoulder. I didn't want to hurt her but god I wanted and needed her. Especially after what had happened.
"Come here you." I whisper in her ear and we kissed the whole way up to our apartment.
Piper had obviously opened her eyes to let us in to the apartment even with only one arm but what she said concerned me since I was on edge after her getting shot and being threatened with murder a total of three times.
"Oh my God! Alex!" She shouted while going back to kissing me.
I immediately broke the kiss and snapped my head in the direction of our door and realised that Piper's shout was a happy one.
All of our wedding gifts had been piled up outside our door, waiting for us to return.
Piper began to walk over to lift them away from our door but I stopped her.
"Oh I don't think so baby, you're hurt, I'm doing that." She looked defeated.
"I feel so useless Al." She said sadly. I kissed her on the cheek and gently placed both hands on either side of her face as a response, trying to comfort her.
"You are not useless. You were shot by a group of sick fucks, they're gone now and you have to heal. You are healing, pretty quickly thank god. I meant I would take the big ones and you take the ones you can manage with one hand. Besides, even without your hurt shoulder, I'm still stronger than you." I ended my sentence smirking. She gave me a cute 'Hey, how dare you' look with her mouth open as she used her free hand to playfully push me in the arm. We smiled and laughed at each other and got to clearing away the wedding gifts, putting them in our living area so we could sit on the couch together and open them.

We sat on the couch together and opened the gifts one by one.
Larry and Polly had gotten us a framed picture with our names in scrabble tiles. They connected/overlapped at the 'E' in our names, the letter in both of our first names that we had in common.
Our prison gang had come together to buy us pillows for our bed that said "Mrs Vause" one for each of us, and a cushion set. They had printed our wedding arch with the Hawaii setting onto the front of one and on the other there was a picture of one of our wedding photographs with "And the adventure starts here" stitched below it.
We got through all other guests' presents of cutlery sets, towels, personalised champagne flutes, countless bottles of champagne and wine and then we got to the biggest one.
"How could anyone have bought a wedding present that size? What kind of wedding gift even is that size?" Piper asked incredulously.
I took it and read the card.
"Well, you should know, it's from your parents, brother and sister in law." I tell her.
The card read,