4th of July|Part 1

(Alex's POV)

One month had passed. It was July 4th. Independence Day. In two cases. The American pastime and mine and Piper's release day. It was a bittersweet day really, I was absolutely dying to get out of this prison and the fucked up web that is the prison industrial complex holding the hand of the love of my life as we stepped out of those metal doors once and for all and back into the metropolis that was New York City but I was also sad to be leaving behind the friends and makeshift family Piper and I had made. I was really going to miss them and I'm sure Piper was too.

I was sitting on my bed in our cube reading when Piper strutted in looking happy and had a dirty twinkle in her eye.
"Fancy giving the chapel one last goodbye Miss Vause?" She winked at me.
"Well. We've given everywhere else a goodbye, it'd just be rude not to." I reply, joining in her dirty little game with the same enticing tone she had. Grabbing me by the hand, she once again dragged me to the chapel, both of us grinning as I threw my book care free on my bed and gladly went with her.

Things and stuff went on in the chapel and we were once again lying side by side with nothing but our bras on. Breathless. We had done this in the library, the janitor's closet, the kitchen (at night), the bathrooms (the shower and toilet stalls), our cube, the makeout alley and behind our tree in the prison yard. No wonder we had such a strong relationship. We could never get enough of each other.

Due to my past career, I had a thing for punctuality. I sat up and began to get dressed.
"Okay, as fun as that was and as much as I'd love to do it again we're going to be late for our leaving party Pipes."
"Eh, so we're a little late." She smiled and pulled me back down to kiss me deeply and passionately.
"Hmm, come on." I said smiling into her lips.
"Fine." She said and I helped her up, offering her a hand which she took.

We walked into the rec room hand in hand with our whole family/gang there waiting for us. We were greeted by Nicky calling us out.
"Trust you two to be late to your own leaving party and don't try to hide from us what you were doing. We all know. It's you two. Now come here and give me a hug." She smiled and pulled us in. We hugged her and everyone else one by one. When we were finished hugging everyone we noticed the banner they had made that read; "GOODBYE AND CONGRATULATIONS VAUSEMAN. MRS AND MRS VAUSE." We both chuckled at the ship name that had become a thing ever since our engagement became public. I smiled knowing Piper wanted to take my name and re-kickstart the Vause family name. It was so heartwarming and such a wonderful gesture to me.

The music finally kicked in and it was 'Milkshake' by Kelis again, it was prison they were limited. I remembered dancing to this with Piper for Taystee's leaving party before she got herself thrown back in here because "this is her home", funny because Piper was mine. Each to their own I guess.

Healy and a few of the other guards were watching over our party. I saw Piper look at him, she was asking for permission to dance with me like she had done before. He knew we were engaged now, hell, the whole prison knew. He just gave her a curt nod and so we danced like we had previously although this time a lot smuttier. Back then, Piper was still with Larry and I was doing my best to win her back in a subtle way that didn't scream to her 'I must have you back this instant' which I did but I have a reputation to maintain and a style when it came to chasing girls, especially Piper. But this time she was all mine and I couldn't be happier.

It was time to finally leave Litchfield behind. We said our goodbyes and hugged again but before we could leave Nicky spoke up.
"Vause! Chapman! Before you guys go. I have something very important I want to ask Lorna.
Lorna. I am so sorry about Vince. I'm so sorry he got arrested for trying to come to your defence at the riot. I'm sorry for him becoming so lonely that he asked your sister for visitation and knocked up her as well. I'm sorry about your divorce. I'm also sorry for the jackass that I have been but I want to start new."
She pulled out a ring she had made out of wires she got from her job at electrical.
"Lorna Morello. I am in love with you. I want to raise that kid growing inside of you with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and trying to make you feel the same way I do every time I'm with you. You make my heart spark like a live wire much like this ring I made you. Lorna, will you marry me?"
Piper and I lovingly looked and smiled at each other knowing what awaited us as soon as we got out which now also awaited Nicky and Lorna when it was their time to be released.
"YES BABY I'LL MARRY YOU!" Lorna screamed.
The whole room cheered, including Piper and myself and we wished them all a congratulations while they also wished us a congratulations on our new life together.
At that we left Litchfield. For good.

I had big plans for Pipes and myself and our new life together. I hadn't told her yet but I still had my apartment, Porsche and cash. I had set up secret accounts that allowed me to keep all of my belongings and cash so the Feds couldn't take them. I plan to tell her when we get home.