Our first date- a flashback from Alex's POV

(Alex's POV)

Piper hadn't spoken to me, replied to my texts or answered my calls since she found out I was with Sylvia. Truth be told I was on the prowl for drug mules when I met Piper but in her, I was hoping I had found a real girlfriend because I didn't love Sylvia and there was something about this young, hot blonde that I liked. Sylvia was easy. I liked easy. She was desperate to keep me in her life, so anytime I would ask her to do a drug run she would do it. She wasn't good in bed. At all. I really only used her to get sexual frustration out and business done. Then I met Piper. She was easy to get but when she got mad, she took work, but honestly? I loved the chase. I loved chasing her. It was weird, I never chased girls. She was amazing in bed and we'd only slept together briefly since fucking Sylvia interrupted us. Piper was hot and smart. Yes please and thank you.
Piper, on the other hand though, had walked away from me as soon as she found out about Sylvia. I was so mad at Sylvia for this. She had punched a girl that for once, I actually liked and now that girl wouldn't speak to me. It was time I ended it with Sylvia. I wanted Piper and my god I would get her. If I wanted something, I knew how to get it. Piper intrigued me. That night we had had sex and Sylvia so rudely interrupted, it was the first time I had had sex with someone where I felt a connection and didn't want her to leave as soon as possible before psychotic Sylvia came back. Sylvia had been the one to ask me out, I only said yes because I had sensed an opportunity, she wasn't my type. The sexy blonde that she had chased from me, was. I decided I would take Sylvia to a bar, get her drunk and break up with her, then somehow get Piper back. God I wanted her badly. I ordered the strongest shots the bar had on offer and luckily, Sylvia took most of them. From the corner of my eye I noticed a blonde sitting at the bar with a glass of white wine. She looked so much like Piper. 'Was it Piper?!' I thought excitedly to myself but decided against it since she wasn't talking to me. How could we be in the same bar by chance twice? I tried to forget about the blonde at the bar and focus on breaking up with Sylvia. If I wanted Piper, it needed to be done.
After about 10 minutes, I pretended I needed to go to the bathroom when I was really trying to figure out how I could do this. So I got up and headed in that direction, past the blonde, I caught a whiff of her perfume. She was wearing the same perfume that Piper had. I could feel myself getting excited. This couldn't actually be her could it?
I decided to walk away and stand in line for the bathroom.
"Hey." A voice from behind said. My heart skipped a beat. Piper.
I quickly turned around. It was Piper. I scanned her up and down. God she was sexy and I was stuck with Sylvia out there. Fuck this shit, that bitch was going to be out of my life and Piper was going to be mine. Tonight.
Piper and I got to talking and I apologised for Sylvia and what had happened. She had actually forgiven me! And better yet, we rekindled our newfound flame in the bathroom.
As I eagerly closed the bathroom door, I smiled to myself and thought,
'She came back to me. When this night is out she will be mine. Really mine. Not the fake, bullshit that was me and Sylvia.'
We had finished and were getting dressed again. Piper's phone buzzed, she looked down at her screen.
"Shit, I'm sorry, I have to go, my best friend is having a fight with her fiancé. I don't usually do this but, let me know if you need another booty call." She winked at me and left.
"Oh I will." I called back to her, smiling, but she didn't see me smile, she was on her way out of the bar. Good. It meant Sylvia was clueless and Piper was out of the bar so I could deal with my unfortunate current 'girlfriend'.
When I came back to the table, Sylvia was glaring at me.
"What?" I ask her confused.
"You took an awfully long time in there." She said with cold eyes.
"And? The queue was long." I snap back.
"Really? Because I saw a cute blonde that looked a lot like your whore from the other night head to the bathroom, after you, take some time and leave the bar, texting someone." She snapped. I twitched slightly when she called Piper cute and annoyed when she called her a whore. I was doing this. Now.
"Sylvia. Home. Now." I say grabbing her and pulling her out of the bar. I was pissed now that she had called the girl I was falling for, hard, a cute whore. I threw her into my Porsche and sped back to the apartment.
She walked in and I slammed the door behind me.
"So come on Alex! Spill!" She yells.
"Oh I intend to!" I yell back and continue. "You and me Sylvia? We're fucking THROUGH."
"What?" She pouts.
"You heard me! Here's the thing, I never loved you, I don't love you nor will I ever! I have met someone else and you know what?! I think I actually love her!" I shout and smile at the realisation that yes, I had fallen in love with Piper Chapman. Sylvia got nasty now.
"Oh please god, don't tell me it's that whore of your's?!" She spat.
"I'm not telling you who it is! I don't believe it's your business who my heart falls for! Pack your shit Sylvia! We're done! I'm sick of your clinginess, your pettiness, your childishness, just everything about you makes my skin crawl! Now, I intend to make this girl mine before the night is out, you have 15 minutes to get the fuck out of my life!" I yell back.
She glared at me, grabbed her suitcase and started clearing my closet of her clothes. When she was finished she walked to the door and I walked after her so I could close it behind her. She slapped me in the face and spat,
"I know for a fact that you're leaving me for that blonde whore of your's. Mark my words Alex. I will find her and I will warn her that she's getting involved with a predator who probably doesn't even love her and is using her for that drug ring of your's."
I grew furious at this.
"If you so much as go near Piper, Sylvia, I swear to god, I'll tell Kubra about your little failed assignment and have him deal with you. Now get the fuck out of my apartment." I warn her and slam the door in her face.
I was free but hopefully not for much longer. My text tone sounded. I lifted my phone. It was Piper and I smiled.

"Well that was totally worth it. They were fighting over colour palettes for their wedding. Ugh I need a drink. Hi by the way. -P"

I laughed at her text and replied,

"Haha hi. Listen, I have left the bitch I was stuck with, I didn't love her. Now, lately I've been finding myself falling for a hot blonde girl. I think her name is Piper. x -A"

I signed it with a kiss and was nervous. I, Alex Vause, was nervous to see what a girl would text back. My phone beeped.

"Oh have you now? x" She replied.

She didn't sign her name this time because I guess our first conversation by text was started and we had caller ID. I noticed the 'x' in the text and couldn't contain my smile. I wanted to take her out on a proper date and I didn't want to wait a second longer. I checked the time. It was 8:30pm. We still had time right?

"Hey, are you free now? x" I ask.

"You don't seriously want a booty call so soon do you? x" She sent back. I laughed and replied.

"Are you offering? x"

"That depends on what you want. x" She replied.

"How about I pick you up in half an hour and you'll find out? x" I send. Hopeful that she'd say yes.

"East 53rd St. Midtown East. x" She texted me her address. I was so happy.

I knew a romantic spot at the Brooklyn bridge. It was especially romantic at night. I had found this on a walk once. I had taken no girl here before, I just thought there was something special about this one. I decided to pack a picnic, candles, a lighter, two glasses and a bottle of red wine with a blanket and head out to lay it out. I got dressed into a sexy dress, pulled on a red leather jacket, took off my glasses and put on some red stilettos. I wanted to look irresistible because I wanted this girl to be mine. Once I was dressed I put the stuff in my Porsche and sped off in the direction of Brooklyn Bridge.