Alex's revenge

(Alex's POV)

"Danielle!"
"Ricardo what the fuck?! If we're seen together he'll kill us, it's too risky for the cartel. Didn't you get the message? Kubra put me in charge of shipments, I'm the new Alex Vause. I'm also trying to do my job on bringing her down, don't you remember what she did to Kubra? That Piper chick is her wife, I told Kubra that they're just married and that they clearly couldn't survive without the other. I also told him that that is how we make Vause pay, kill the blonde one."

This conversation proved I had come to the right conclusion and it made me sick and very angry. I was going to deal with her and I was definitely going to make her pay. She's not going near Piper again.

"Danielle Kubra is dead, he shot the blonde but the feisty big haired one jumped on the boss and shot him. That Piper chick was losing a lot of blood when I left-"
"You left them?! Jesus Ricardo that leaves me exposed! I have to call Vause 'Mrs Vause' now because they think I work for them, if she finds out, I'm a dead girl!"

'Correct', I thought to myself.

"Relax! She's probably either shot herself with Kubra's gun at the loss of her girl or they're at the hospital trying to make her stay alive."
"Ok, but the plan was that I watch them from afar and make my move, I already got their contact details, told Kubra that they're newly married, got a job at their business, to kill the blonde and torture Vause and told him to goad Vause with 'the Chapman to her Vause'. NOT to let them go! What the fuck are we going to do now?! The boss is dead!"
"Well, what am I going to fucking do?! You have your new fancy job in their business!"
"Yeah? And what if they find out?!"
"They won't."
"Shit!"
"What?"
"I left my drawer open in my office, it has my loaded gun in it! I better go lock the drawer so they never find out."
"Okay Danielle, see you later, hopefully that Piper chick is dead and Vause is killing herself somewhere." The henchman named Ricardo left and Danielle headed back up to the building to check if her gun was still there. Now was my chance, I was burning with anger. She is the reason the love of my life is clinging to life in hospital right now. I waited for a few minutes and followed her back up. I had noticed Felix was still at his desk. Felix also used to work for Kubra but he was my friend, and like me, escaped. I had hired him because he too needed a job and I had already told Piper that if a situation like this ever came up, he'd be good to have for protection and other services that I was about to put to use. He was my version of Aydin. Since I gave him this job, he owed me. He kept a syringe filled with a tranquilliser if ever he needed it. Strong enough to keep the person knocked out for 2 days. Plenty of time to catch the henchman once we had drugged this bitch.

I waited for her to go into her office and leaned on her doorway. I had now hidden my hatred and anger for this girl. I was going to play with her, then kill her via Felix. I take out my phone, there's a text from Polly using Piper's phone,

"Alex, it's Polly, I came back to the hospital, the doctor told me he sent you home since you needed sleep, I've had some sleep and thought you'd want to hear any news on Pipe."

I shot her a text back, still standing in Danielle's doorway,

"Thanks Polly that'd be really great. Keep me posted."

Danielle nervously and quickly stood up when she saw me, she might act all tough around her new found cartel buddies but on her own she was a real pussy and not the sort I liked. "Mrs Vause! I'm sorry I didn't see you! Did you have a good time on your honeymoon?" Oh wouldn't she like to know? In a way, she did which angered me but I reminded myself I needed to hide my emotions with her. I was still staring at my screen hoping for news on Pipes but there was nothing which was good I guess, it meant Piper was simply sleeping and now that Polly was there it relaxes me knowing there was someone with my Pipes while I dealt with this. I sent Polly another text to Piper's phone.

"Polly. I'm firing Danielle. She's the reason you were kidnapped and is the reason Pipes is clinging to life in hospital right now. She works, or worked, for Kubra."

I immediately got a text back.
"Oh my God. Agreed, Danielle is fired."

Drawing my attention back to Danielle, I decided to play with her,
"It's fine, I'm just checking to see if there's any news on my wife, one of the CEOs of this business, she got shot and if I lose her I'll kill who's responsible, no, I'll kill them anyway for doing this to her." I looked up at her, hiding the hatred in my eyes. She knew who I was since she thought she was the new me and she had been plotting against me for god knows how long so she knew I meant what I had just said. She knew it was a threat aimed at her.
She gulped and shuffled nervously. Giving herself away slightly. I closed the door and decided to strike.
"You look nervous, do you know who was behind Piper getting shot?" I pretended to genuinely ask while also subtly letting her know I knew it was her.
She stammered and I continued now putting venom and threat in my tone.
"Because I do." I reveal the hatred in my eyes.
She works out that I had unmasked her and reached for her gun and pointed it at me. I decided I'd be honest with her, playing with her a little more since I knew that was an empty gun.
"Go ahead. If Piper dies I have nothing to live for." She pulled the trigger and the gun clicks, empty.
"Oh that's right. I took the bullets out of the gun when I found it." I say gleefully and take them out of my jacket's pocket. She now looks terrified. Fucking brilliant.
I opened the door and shouted,
"Felix?!" He came into the office with the syringe in hand. I made my voice incredibly threatening,
"I hear you're the new me in Kubra's business. Oh wait. My friend killed Kubra for shooting the love of my life. That was your idea if I heard you correctly. Looks like you and your henchman buddy are out of a job."
She may have been stupid to mess with me but I'll give her one thing, the girl had balls. She spat back at me,
"Wrong. I have a job here."
I laughed threateningly at her and showed her the text I had gotten from Polly from Piper's phone,

"Oh my God. Agreed, Danielle is fired."

"I really don't think so." I continued, laughing.
"But, but that's from Piper." She said incredulously, reading the caller ID.
"Oh yes, Piper survived! Isn't that amazing?! Your stupid fucking plan failed and now you have me to deal with. A very angry me." I spat at her venomously but I meant it.
Danielle looked shocked and scared now. She looked from me to Felix and back to me again as I said,
"Call your henchman friend. Now." She looked at Felix who threateningly raises the syringe so she does as I ask.
"Ricardo, it's me, come to my office there's been a breakthrough."
10 minutes later he arrives and Felix jams the needle into his neck just as he walks through the door. He falls to the ground. I smiled at her threateningly,
"I told you I would kill who was responsible for shooting the one person who keeps me breathing. Your turn."
Felix approaches her as she screams, "No! No! Nooo!" He grabs her and jams the needle into her neck. She falls limp.
"Felix, put them on the private jet Piper bought me for our wedding and make sure there are no stains. Not from them and not from you. That is mine and Piper's jet and I don't want reminded of this. If there's so much as a coffee stain, you're paying for it. Ask Jason, our pilot, to land it at your bunker in the Sahara. I will come with you when I get someone to stay with Piper to look after her. I'll question the bitch then you can kill her, I know it's your forte. Then we'll get back on board and fly the jet back to New York."
"Not a problem Alex."
"Thank you Felix. You no longer owe me." I tell him smiling and leave the office and building.
My phone starts to ring, it's Piper's number but probably Polly. I pick up,
"Polly?! How is she?!"
"She is missing you baby, where are you?"
My heart skipped a beat. Piper was awake.
"Pipes baby! It doesn't matter where I am, I'm on my way!"