Baby please

(Alex's POV)

I kept pressure on Piper's wound the whole way there, I was not losing her. I've lost her too many times, she was NOT going to die and leave me for good. NO. I wouldn't allow it. I love her.
We finally arrived at the hospital. Her colour had completely drained and she had faded in and out of consciousness a lot, each time me gently yet firmly shaking her screaming,
"Piper?! Baby?! Don't you dare leave me! Don't you dare! I love you!"
We repeated what we had done getting Piper into the car.
"AAAAAH! IT HURTS SO MUCH!" She screamed again. Her screams and her pain made me hurt so much inside. My heart was completely broken. It hurt like hell when she left me all those years ago but this time was a whole new kind of pain. It was 50 times worse. We had literally been married for 2 weeks and she could die today, at least back then she was walking around and living her life and I could get her back. The pain I was feeling inside was too great for me to handle. I really was not ready for the "till death do us part" part of our vows. Cal and Polly had gotten Piper out and I was completely covered in her blood. Again, it didn't matter that my clothes were ruined, I just wanted that bullet out of the love of my life and for her to stay alive.
"Give her to me." I said.
"Baby, this is going to hurt ok? But it's the fastest way to get you in there." I said and she nodded. I picked her up bridal style like I had done on our wedding night although this time it was far from sexy.
"AAAAH ALLLEEEX!" She screamed.
"Pipes I'm so sorry. I know it hurts but I have to do this!" My voice was so shaky.
I sprinted into the ER and screamed.
"SOMEONE! PLEASE HELP MY WIFE! SHE'S BEEN SHOT AND HAS LOST SO MUCH BLOOD! SHE KEEPS DIPPING IN AND OUT OF CONSCIOUSNESS! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP HER!" My desperation was very apparent but I didn't care. A team of doctors immediately swarmed us and pulled up an empty bed for me to place her into. They immediately hook her up to machines as they rush her down the corridor for surgery. I was following them staying beside her until I was allowed to go no further, holding her hand as we quickly walked down the corridor. Her eyes began to flutter closed as she was beginning to lose consciousness again.
She croaked to me as she gasped for air,
"Alex.... I know I was.... a shitty girlfriend.... I'm an even.... shittier wife.... I got shot.... 2 weeks into.... our marriage.... but I love you... so much. I've loved...being Mrs Vause."
She was talking as if she was saying goodbye to me. No. No!
"No baby, don't say that and don't say 'loved' in the past tense! Piper baby, hold on! You need to get through this! I can't lose you! I love you too! So much!" I told her, tears running down my face.
"I'm trying.... my best... honestly Al.... for you I... will do anythi-". Her eyes closed, her head fell limp to the side and she trailed off. The machine that was attached to her bed started beeping uncontrollably.
"What's happening to her?! What's going on?!" I ask the surgeons, worried sick.
"Her body is reacting to the blood loss, Mrs Vause we need to take her to surgery right away! If you could please wait in the waiting room, we'll do everything we can and let you know right away!" One called to me as they put an oxygen mask over her mouth and nose, wheeling her bed quickly into the operating theatre, leaving me there utterly worried, crying and covered in my wife's blood.

I walked back down the corridor to the waiting room, Nicky and Polly were in two chairs beside each other in shock and Cal was on the phone in the corner with his and Piper's parents telling them to get to the hospital right away and that Piper had been shot. Once he had finished this call, he called his wife, Neri to tell her the same thing.
Mr and Mrs Chapman came running in with Neri. Piper's Mom broke down, like me, when she saw me covered head to toe in Piper's blood. Nicky, Cal, Polly and myself filled them in on what had happened. I was still crying.
"We were kidnapped by Alex's old boss." Polly started and I continued to make it sound less like my fault, thanks Polly for that, they aren't my parents in law or anything.
"Piper and I were on our honeymoon. Back when we were in prison together I betrayed my old boss and wanted out of the illegal business for good. I wanted to be with Piper and I wanted us both away from that life. Anyway, Kubra, my ex boss, somehow got my contact details and FaceTimed my laptop summoning Piper and myself and if we didn't show, these 3 would die. So we went, Kubra wanted revenge on me and tried to kill me before by sending one of his hitmen to me, I escaped. He knew losing Piper would kill me so he shot her. He never did any of the dirty work for himself until now so he's a shit shot thank god, he hit her in the shoulder. I kept pressure on her wound and stopped the bleeding as best as I could. She's still alive, I hope to god she is anyway, Nicky shot him dead. The problem now is how much blood Piper has lost. She's currently in surgery and the doctors told me they'll do everything they.. can.. for her." I ended filling them in starting to cry uncontrollably again.
"Oh my God." Piper's mom said and hugged me. "Alex, Piper is a strong one. If I know my daughter. I also know that she loves you more than anything and will do her best not to leave you." She said and this just made me cry even more.
"I love her... so much... Mrs Chapman." I sob.
"I know you do sweetheart and what have we said about that? You call us Bill and Carol now! We're family! Especially in times like this!"
"T-Thank you Carol." I could barely get my words out but gave her a faint smile at her attempt to cheer me up.
Hours go by and I fill them by crying and pacing.
"Alex, I know this is a really hard time for all of us, especially you and Piper's other family but Jesus you're going to pace a hole into that floor!" Nicky told me.
"Well what else am I going to do Nichols?! My wife has just been fucking shot! We've only been married for 2 weeks, fine we've known each other for 11 years but 2 weeks Nicky! 2 fucking weeks! What do you want me to do? Have the whole waiting room form a circle and sing 'Kum Ba Yah'?!" I snapped at her. Upset.
She knew I was upset so reached a hand out as a gesture for me to come sit beside her.
"It's going to be okay sister." She tried to comfort me.
"It'll only be okay when I see Piper breathing and talking normally, not covered in blood and smiling at me with her big beautiful smile and gorgeous blue eyes again." I tell her.
"I know, I know, I hear ya." She said looking off in the direction I had carried Piper.
"You know what I was thinking Nichols?"
"What?"
"Someone is watching me and Piper. Kubra knew we had gotten married, he knew how to get back into contact with me and he knew what I had said to Piper back in Hawaii when I asked her to go to the island with me, 'The Chapman to my Vause.' How the fuck does he know that? Well, he has friends all over the world so more accurately, who the fuck is it? I swear to god when I find them I'll kill them."
It was now 8PM and we were still all here, waiting for news about Piper.
"Jesus fuck! Come on!" I say in worry, anger and annoyance.
Just as I say this a doctor comes through the doors.
"Mrs Alex Vause?" I spring so fast out of my chair Nicky almost fell off hers. I ran up to him.
"Yes?! That's me! How is she?! How is my wife?!" I beg for answers. Piper Chapman, now Vause is the only girl alive that would make me beg. Everyone had gathered now.
"She lost a lot of blood and we had to do a blood transfusion on her, that's what took so long, there was an exit wound which was the cause of her losing so much blood. It meant all we had to do was supply her with more blood and stitch her back up. She has woken up and is asking for you." He finished. My body filled with relief and happiness.
"Where is she?!" I asked eager to see her.
"Come with me." He said so I followed. He took me to a private room where I found my wife hooked up to multiple machines, now in a hospital gown with her eyes closed.
"Thank you so much doctor" I whisper truly grateful. They had saved her and Kubra was dead and when I got my hands on the person who did this to her, they would be too. I mean, I know Kubra did it to her but he had revealed that he had a source.
He left and I went to sit in the chair beside Piper's bed and I took her hand in mine immediately. She opened her eyes at my touch.
"Hi baby." She said and smiled at me feebly. "I told you I would do anything for you. I literally took a bullet for you." She started to laugh at her own joke and winced.
"That, Mrs Vause, is not even remotely funny." I told her and stood up to kiss her, I didn't want to lean over if it would hurt her.
"I hate you seeing me like this." She said sadly.
"Hey, in sickness and in health remember?" I say rubbing her hand. "I just didn't want the 'till death do us part' bit to come quite so soon. If you're going to die it'll be either naturally or at my hands. Understood?" I smiled and she laughed at my joke. Laughing obviously hurt her because she winced again.
"Pipes don't laugh if it hurts." I tell her.
We spent hours talking, Piper reassuring me that she was fine and that I looked awful.
"Gee thanks Pipes."
"Al, you look like you haven't slept in a month."
"That's because I haven't slept for hours. I was not sleeping until I knew you were okay!" I protest.
Piper fell asleep and the doctor came in.
"You can stay here all night with her if you want Mrs Vause although, as a doctor I recommend you go home and get some sleep yourself." He said and left the room again. It was now 10pm and the others had left knowing Piper was ok. I didn't want to leave but reluctantly got up to go sleep myself. I kissed Piper on the forehead and whispered,
"I'll be back first thing baby. I promise." And left.

I couldn't sleep and there were still lights on in our business' building, people hadn't gone home yet so I decided I'd go and say hi to this person who now worked for me. The business was set up before mine and Piper's wedding so I now had my own team. This new girl, Danielle, was the newest member. I hated people who didn't do business properly so this girl better be good. I went up to the 19th floor, the floor below where our offices were (Mine, Piper's and Polly's) and went to her tiny office, each team member had an office. She wasn't there, I noticed that her drawer was open. I went to close it and noticed a gun. I looked up angrily from the drawer. I had found Kubra's source. My mind flashed back to the call Piper got from Polly,
"Hey Pol, thank god you called, Alex is making me watch The Conjuring so I'll get scared and come begging for her comfort tonight."
"Cute. The Chapman to her Vause is scared of a movie."
The Chapman to her Vause. Kubra had known that.

"Shut up! How's the business doing?"
"Well, that's actually why I called. We have a new recruit, her name is Danielle Johnson and Alex she'll be working for you."

Polly had given her our contact details if she needed anything, standard procedure, she had given Kubra my contact details, that is how he managed to FaceTime me on my honeymoon, she was there when Polly had mocked Piper for being scared of the movie and said "The Chapman to her Vause is scared of a movie." and she had made sure she was working for me. I was furious. That is why she wanted to work here, to gain intel. Then I also remembered what Kubra had said earlier,
"You can't live without Piper here? Is that right? I know this because it's obvious but I also know this because an employee of mine has recently seen you two together. Piper. The Chapman to your Vause I believe?"

This girl had given Kubra the idea to kill Piper. I was so angry I was dangerous. I emptied the bullets out of the gun and went up to my office. I had a black leather jacket hanging in there so I put it on and put the bullets in the pocket. I also changed into a grey T Shirt and black jeans that I had in my drawer. Danielle Johnson, you are going to pay.

I left the building and saw her talking to the henchman who was restraining me earlier, Ricardo. I quickly hid in an alley and watched. This girl was going to die. She was not going to hurt my Pipes again. I listened to their conversation.