After surgery

(Piper's POV)

I had hung up with Alex who was now on her way back. I was out of surgery and I had fallen asleep with Alex beside me. My shoulder was still in a lot of pain but it was easing. The doctors told me my arm would be out for a few days. It was my right arm, my strong arm. Delightful. Polly was now in the room with me.
"Pol? Where did Alex go?" I ask her.
"She literally has not slept since you got shot. The doctor sent her home to get some rest."
"Then why did she not tell me she was at home? She just told me it didn't matter where she was and that she was on her way."
Polly shifted in her chair. She knew something I didn't.
"Polly I can tell when you're hiding something I've known you since college. I have just been shot and my wife is not here now where the fuck is Alex?"
"Right here dumbass." Alex had walked in the door smiling at me being able to speak normally and be me again even if I was still weak. I gave her a feeble smile considering I was still in a lot of pain, the morphine the doctors had given me kept needing to be topped up. I reached out my hand to her and she ran over and took it in both of hers.
"Piper thank god. How're you feeling baby?"
"Like I've been shot." I smiled. Alex wasn't amused because she genuinely wanted to know how I felt. She raised an eyebrow and gave me the side eye.
"Well that answers my question, you're trying to be funny and definitely being sarky." She said.
I laugh through my nose, it hurt to laugh properly, this only mildly hurt.
"Well you did ask."
"I was being serious. Pipes, honestly, how do you feel?"
"Fine. Tired and sore. You've changed outfits."
"Well, yeah, my last outfit was covered in your blood baby."
She rubbed my hands with hers and I saw a tear fall out of her eye. I stretched over with a wince with my good hand and put it on hers rubbing mine, reassuring her.
"Pipes, I could've lost you."
"Al, you didn't, I'm still here to annoy you."
She was still crying but smiled at me for this.
"I love you, so much." She said and stood up to kiss me, again, not wanting to hurt me.
"I love you so much too." I smiled back at her receiving a smile in return.
She sat back down and her and Polly gave each other a look.
"What was that about? Do you two know something I don't?" I looked at Polly knowing she was easier to crack.
"Yeah but it's nothing, just PoPi stuff."
I turned to Alex.
"Why didn't you tell me where you were Al?"
She replied with, "Because my location is slightly less important when you're lying in a hospital bed after being shot."
I wasn't letting this go, I know she was trying to hide something from me.
"Well, surely me being shot is more reason for me to be able to make sure you're ok? You're my wife Alex!"
"I know and I'm fine now knowing you're alive, still being the inquisitive Piper I know and love." She kissed me on the cheek. I gave her the side eye this time.
"Mmm hmm." I hum suspiciously.
"I need my big spoon." I whisper to Alex.
"Pipes. Polly is here, it'll make her uncomfortable and I don't want to hurt you." She whispers back to me.
"Al, go round the other side where Polly is."
I turn to Polly.
"Pol? Do you mind if Alex lies in bed with me?"
She answered, "No but what if that hurts you?"
"Oh for god's sake." I say and shuffle further to the side of the bed.
"Piper Elizabeth Chapman Vause you get back to the centre of that bed right now." Alex tried.
"No. I want my big spoon."
"I forgot I had married a stubborn ass." Alex muttered under her breath.
"What was that Al?" I ask her knowing what she had said.
"Nothing schnookums!" She said putting on a guilty smile and sat at the side of the bed.
"Seriously baby?" I ask her unamused.
"Seriously. I am not hurting you anymore than you already are. I'm on the bed now take it or leave it, I can get off it again and go sit back down." She said sternly.
"Fine." I say resting my head in her side as she put an arm above me, desperate not to hurt me, still holding my hand.
"Stay." I told her. I looked up at her and smiled, she raised her eyebrows at me and smiled back, letting me know she would.
"Gooood Alex Vause." I chuckled. She didn't want to hurt me so gripped my hand really tightly as a substitute, when I did this she'd usually playfully hit me on the shoulder but I was kind of shot in the shoulder.
I could finally sleep in peace knowing Alex was with me and Polly of course.