Are you fucking kidding me?!

(Alex's POV)

Piper and I get up, get dressed, pack our things and head down to breakfast. We brought our cases down with us because we had things to do this morning. We ate fast because of Piper's latest FaceTime call with Polly. Nicky and Lorna came down just as Piper and I were about to leave. Like we had done at our wedding, Nicky and Lorna came into a room of applause and congratulations. They came just in time for us though.
"Hey what's the hurry Vauses?!" Nicky asked, surprised.
"Sorry Nicky, our business calls." Piper told her.
"Okay, you two have a business together too?! Jesus, I need lessons here!" Nicky says and I laugh.
Piper smiles at me and says,
"Yes, we have a business with my best friend and Mrs Vause here has just made it go global." For this I get a kiss on the cheek from Piper.
"Holy shit!" Nicky shouts.
"Oh my god you guys!" Lorna also shouts.
I grab Piper's hand and proceed to walk her towards the reception desk to check out and drive to the business. I call over my shoulder at Nicky and Lorna to explain,
"Gotta run you two! I have to give an interview to a paper from California and Piper here has a business meeting to get to. Congratulations though!"
"Thank you!" They both call back and walk further into the restaurant.
I check us out and put our cases into the trunk of my Porsche, Piper and I get in and I drive downtown to our business.
Piper and I are both wearing white blouses and black business pants. Piper was wearing black heels and I was in my red ones since I was doing the interview.
When we got to the business, I parked in one of the two CEO spaces. Piper and I were together so there only needed to be one more for Polly.
We walked into the building and took the elevator to the 20th floor. The 20th floor had three offices, mine, Piper's and Polly's. It also had a conference room where Piper and Polly would be while I gave the interview in my office.
The elevator dinged on the 20th floor and the doors opened as Piper and I were hand in hand. I was greeted with a bear hug from Polly which nearly knocked me over. No offence to Polly but the only person I liked getting this hands on with me was Piper plus I wasn't expecting this so I didn't really appreciate it.
"Alex! I could kiss you!" Polly screamed.
"Please don't!" Piper screamed back at her and I smirked.
"Sorry Polly, Piper put a ring on it, no offence you're not my type and you're straight." I laugh at her.
"Oh none taken Alex, you're good. Anyway Pipe! They're all waiting for you in the conference room! I told them you were at a friend's wedding so you'd be slightly late. They understood but kinda need you to haul ass right about now!" Polly said excitedly. Piper walked out of the elevator, still holding my hand. Polly walked her to the door of the conference room.
"Okay. I'm going to need you two to un-superglue yourselves from each other." She said and walked in.
Piper rolled her eyes at her.
"Okay, bye baby, I'll see you in an hour." She said and kissed me. She let go of my hand and walked into the conference room.
"Bye babe." I smile and receive a smile from over her shoulder in return.
I walked down the glass, white carpeted corridor to my office and sat down. Half an hour later my assistant Melanie buzzed my office phone.
"Mrs Vause, the journalist is here to see you."
"Thanks Melanie, send them in." I reply.
Melanie was an older woman who was far from my type. Piper had hired her on purpose. It made me laugh at the time because I had no intention of cheating on my already perfect wife.
A few minutes after Melanie had buzzed, there was a knock on my open, glass office door.
"Yeah come in and take a seat." I say without looking up from my laptop. The journalist nervously shuffles in and sits in the chair opposite my desk. Still looking at the screen as I minimise the panels of what was on my screen, I look at the journalist from the corner of my eye and recognise his clothes. I snap my head up from my laptop. It was Larry fucking Bloom.
"Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me?!" I growl and glare at him.
"Yeah. I know. Believe me. I tried to get out of this job." Larry whimpers. Well, he was still the same old wimpish Larry anyway.
I fold my arms and lean back in my leather chair and raise my glasses and eyebrows at him.
"I see you're making a great effort at leaving us alone." I growl at him. There was no Piper to save him this time.
He looked at my wedding and engagement rings to Piper glinting on my left hand and I could see a pang of jealousy on his face. I smirked and subtly laughed through my nose.
There was movement outside my office. Piper and Polly had come back from the meeting looking happy, both were his exes and one was my wife.
He looked at Polly but fixed his gaze on Piper, longingly. I stood up and walked over to him. I perched on my desk and 'accidentally' stood on Larry's foot with my heel.
"Ow!" He protests, snapping his gaze back at me and rubbing his foot.
"Oh, sorry, I didn't see your foot there." I growled at him.
Just as I was about to go back to my chair to let him ask me his questions so he could get the fuck out, Piper came into my office. She wasn't in the mood to save him from me this time though. Her meeting had gone well but Larry wasn't someone she wanted to see again. Good.
"So baby, the meeting went well, how about me and you- what the hell are you doing here?!" She had started to smuttily talk to me and this just made me hate Larry's presence even more. She then realised Larry was in the room and started to shout at him.
"I was the journalist they sent over from California." Larry whimpers and continues, "Look, I told Alex I asked to get out of this job but my editor wouldn't let me so here I am just here to do my job."
"And stare at you." I tell her, angrily looking at Larry.
Piper holds up a hand and closes her eyes in disgust at Larry's presence. I stayed where I was, perched on my desk beside Larry glaring down at him. Piper sat in my chair behind my desk and says,
"Larry just ask us your questions and go."
"Yeah, um, ok." He stammers and starts.
"So, how do you two feel about your business becoming global?"
Piper answered, "Thrilled."
Larry wrote her answer down,
"How did the business become global?"
"Me." I answered him. He looked surprised.
"I have contacts around the world that allowed me to expand this business." He wrote that down.
"Larry. This goes off the record okay." I tell him.
"Um, sure." He says surprised.
I continue, "How about you don't look surprised when I tell you it was down to me that this business went global. I am good at shipments you know."
"Well, you were a drug dealer, you should be." He snapped under his breath loud enough for Piper to hear.
"Larry. Watch your mouth." She warns.
"It's fine babe." I tell her and continue and growl at Larry after his little stab at me.
"My contacts are clean. They are nothing to do with the cartel. Okay Larry? Is that understood? This is Piper and Polly's business that they brought me into. I have no intention of going back to doing illegal shit. Especially for Piper's sake."
"Yes. That's clear." He says.
"Good." I lean back on my desk and he continues the questions.
Larry asks us the rest of his questions, writes down our answers and when he was finished, he packed his brief case picked it up and began to leave.
Polly was now leaning on my office door and Larry bumped into her since he was looking at the ground and wanted to make a fast get away.
He starts to awkwardly stutter at her,
"H-Hi Polly."
Polly blanks him and asks Piper, "Did you tell Alex the meeting went well?!" Larry deflated, walks away.
"Well I had started to before I saw him in her office." She tells Polly and continues to me,
"Speaking of which, are you ok Al?" She asks, genuinely concerned.
I laugh. Her concern was sweet though.
"Yes, I'm fine, I can handle Larry, the guy's a wimp."

It was late and Polly had left to go home to Pete and Finn. Piper and I had gone home too and ordered Chinese takeout. When it came, we snuggled on the couch together eating it and continued to watch Breaking Bad.
I was silently seething at Larry's visit and his longing glance over to Piper in her office.