Leaving

(Piper's POV)

It has now been 2 months we've spent in Max. Alex's arm was fixed by the doctor here with the help of Sofia, man I haven't seen her in a while. The 10 of us who had hidden in the underground bunker through the end of the riot were rounded up with Sofia and unfortunately so was Stella, she had served her time in Max as far as the guards were concerned I guess.
"Okay inmates. Camp has been restored back to the way it was. You are moving back today. Congratulations. Go back to your cells and pack your shit. You'll be assigned new bunks and bunkies. You will also be assigned new jobs. Now go."
This was almost the best news ever! Not only had I only got a month to go but I'd be serving it back at camp. My only problem now was that Alex had 6 more months to go. Alex and I looked at each other. We were both very happy to get out of here. We almost skipped back to our cells hand in hand and packed up our spare uniforms, toothbrushes and other wash products and headed to the van.
We were all handcuffed and Alex and I sat beside each other, obviously, Nicky opposite me, Red opposite Alex and the others just wherever they could find a seat. Stella sat beside Nicky, they had once been acquainted as Nicky had told Alex and I in the corn field through our little truth telling moment. After the incident in the cafeteria in Max with me, Alex and Stella, Nicky knew this was uncomfortable for us. Alex saw me watching Nicky with understanding and Stella with disgust and grabbed my hand as best she could since we were handcuffed.
We got back to camp and everything was back to what it was like when I first got here. Everyone. Back from the prisons they were sent to. Flaca and Maritza were reunited and Nicky and Lorna were reunited in a way. We had our handcuffs taken off and all of us went straight to the cafeteria. Camp was like heaven when compared to max. Less security, we were actually allowed to roam free through the prison (you know like go to the chapel without guards seeing), we had friends to talk to outside of a cafeteria and yard and the food was SO much better. Lorna and Nicky were catching up, by this point Lorna was 3 months pregnant, Red had already been reassigned to the kitchen so Big Boo, Alex, Yoga Jones, Frieda, Nicky, Lorna and myself were all catching up.
"VAUSE AND CHAPMAN TO HEALY'S OFFICE. NOW." Came from the speaker. Alex and I gave each other a worried look. We had literally just got here and we were somehow probably in trouble. We quickly grabbed hands, gave each other a squeeze then let go making our way to Healy's office.
I knocked on the door.
"Ah, Chapman, Vause you're both here." He gave us a subtle glare. Healy had once sent me to SHU because he had a weird crush on me and was jealous of Alex.
"Have a seat both of you." He continued.
Alex and I sat down. He started with Alex.
"Miss Vause. The video that a fellow inmate posted online in the riot went viral and all of us saw Piscatella breaking your arm. A new recruit shot Piscatella, he is dead. His funeral was 2 months ago. Due to his violence you are being granted early release. Since it is now June 4th. You're being released July 4th." A beam grew on her face. It was the same time I got out. I couldn't have been happier but I kept a straight face not knowing what Healy was going to tell me.
"Miss Chapman. MCC worker Linda Ferguson was found amongst the inmates after the riot was stopped after CO Coates was found with Pennsatucky. He was arrested and Miss Doggett was returned to camp. Linda named you and Miss Vause as her aids through the riot so she wouldn't be killed. Since you only have one month left, you will be released on the same day as Miss Vause here, July 4th." This, THIS was the best news ever!! I beamed at Alex and she beamed back at me! We were being released together and we were engaged!! We could start wedding planning together! I didn't have to wait for her to be released! This was just perfect.
"You can go now." Healy interrupts my chain of thoughts.
Alex had that smutty look in her eyes as she dragged me into a janitor's closet. "Ooh yes Miss Vause take me with you." I flirtatiously say to her happily being dragged along. "Oh I plan to take you to places more than with me future Mrs Vause." She winked at me locking the closet door behind her as she threw me in ready to pounce.