Alex and Kubra flashback

(Alex's POV)

Flashback
Piper had kissed me goodbye and had left for work. She had already met Kubra when I took her to Bali. Back then, she had performed a sexy strip tease for me then asked if I would miss her, I would've missed her so much it would've begun to hurt. This was a new experience for me, I had found that I loved Piper, I never took any other girl before her on my business trips with me because I didn't care about them, I could've left them in the city and Aydin could've shot them for all I cared but Piper, Piper was my girl and I wanted her with me everywhere I went.
Half an hour later, Kubra came into the apartment, I was sitting on mine and Piper's bed working on my laptop with a cup of coffee.
"Morning Alex." He said.
"Kubra, God, I'm sorry!" I stutter nearly spitting out my coffee and begin to stand for him.
"Oh don't bother Alex, it's fine." He says, holding a hand up for me to sit down. I sat.
"I've been talking with Fahri." He started.
"Oh?" I ask, sipping my coffee.
"We were talking about that cute little blonde of your's, Piper is it?" He asked. Oh god no, I knew I shouldn't have taken Piper with me. He could now use her as a carrot to make me his puppet. Fuck.
"Yes, it is." I say quietly and reluctantly.
"You care for her?" He asks.
"Yes. I do. A lot." I admit to him in short sentences, trying to make him aware I wanted this conversation about my girlfriend stopped.
He raised his eyebrows in surprise, I had a reputation in the cartel for being a bit of a playgirl. "Really? You do?" He asked.
"Yes Kubra, I do." I tell him, frowning, getting angry. Kubra was my scary as fuck boss so I got angry but subtly.
"That's a shame, she's cute, I must tell Fahri she wouldn't do as a drug mule, maybe she can work with you, you know, you two work together from home, that sort've thing. She seems like a smart one." He suggests.
I open my mouth to speak in protest in protection of Piper and raise my eyebrows in horror.
"Oh relax Alex. I'm not having her as a drug mule, except once, Fahri arranged for her to do one job, it'd be a shame for a face like her's to get arrested and not be seen again for a while. That's why I suggested she does jobs with you, here, in your home, that, and you say you care for her, you're one of my best dealers, think of this as a gift from me." He finishes.
My mouth was still open. No way in hell was Piper becoming a drug mule or working in the cartel if I could stop it. For Piper, I worked up the courage to stand up to Kubra.
"A gift?! Piper is not a gift, she's my girlfriend! She has a job already and what do you mean she's doing a drug run?! No Kubra! No!" I say loudly.
"Watch your tone Alex!" He barks back and continues,
"She's doing the drug run that Fahri signed her up for. That is final. You can go with her if you wish and fine, as you wish, she doesn't work with you. It's a shame, I would've loved her working for me." He finished with a dirty smirk, clearly thinking about my girlfriend in a dirty way. It made me angry and I hardened my eyes as I looked at him.
"Yes, of course I'm going with her, she needs coached and I don't want her in danger, trouble or getting arrested." I nearly spit at him in anger.
"Good. You leave in a week for Paris. You will go to Brussels from there, you will watch, she will do it. That is final Alex." He says and leaves.
I sat in bed in shock, fear and sadness. I let my coffee go cold and I could no longer concentrate on my work. I had brought Piper into this and now she was more than likely in danger. My girlfriend. The one girl I actually loved. Why couldn't Kubra have done this with another girl?! Oh wait, he did, I just didn't care about the others.
"Ugh." I said to myself and the air and roll over in bed, faceplanting Piper's pillow. It smelled like her, making it smell amazing. I grabbed it, pulled it close and hugged it. Angry at myself and Kubra.