Hi

(Alex's POV)

It was the anniversary of when Piper and I first met. When I had set my sights on the beautiful blonde that had walked into the bar I was in. The moment that changed my life forever, for the better. Every year this date came around I remembered that day with so much love. The years that I was without Piper because she had left, I remembered it with love and pain but now that we were married, I remembered it with love and joy. I also mentally gave myself a pat on the back for working up the courage to ask her out.

The fact that our honeymoon got so rudely interrupted kept playing like a loop in my brain. I wanted Piper, us, to spend a lot more time on the island I had bought for her and named after us. Piper had left my laptop on the coffee table when she found a lawyer that would help Nicky. My wife was just perfect. I waited for the episode to finish and for Piper to take the plates away and load them and the other cooking equipment she had used into the dishwasher. I grabbed my laptop, turned around and saw her bending down at the dishwasher with her back turned. I took my chance.
I googled 'Hawaii flight tickets' and pulled an image with 2 tickets and printed them. It was at this moment I was never more grateful to my previous self that I had bought a silent printer. I quickly shut my laptop down and put it back on the coffee table so Piper wouldn't suspect me.
She came back and grabbed her cell phone, walking to our bedroom to put it back on her night stand. I darted to the kitchen and grabbed the scissors, went to the printer and cut the images to look like two plane tickets to Hawaii. I grinned to myself.
I walked to our bedroom door with the fake tickets in my hand and leaned on the door frame. Waiting for Piper to turn around. I watched her put her phone back on her nightstand and connect it to the charger. She turned around and I took my chance, hiding what I had in my hand behind my back.
"Hi. I'm Alex. I work with a super sexy blonde called Piper, my job pays a lot. Would you like to join me in my jet as we fly to Hawaii?" I tease her and pull out the fake tickets from behind my back. She grinned.
"You remembered!" She seemed so happy.
"Well of course I did!" I tell her.
"Hang on!" She says excitedly as she turns around and pulls out a picture frame from the drawer of her nightstand. She hands it to me. I smiled when I saw it.
"It's the napkin you gave me when you wrote down your number. I kept it all this time. It was the day I had found love, I was never going to throw it away so I framed it." She admitted. I was smiling as I remembered writing this. It said,

"Call me
202-555-0178
Alex x"

"Pipes. This is absolutely adorable!" I say in delight and immediately put it on my nightstand.
"So, you say you have two tickets to Hawaii? You know we have a jet for that right? You know, the one I bought you as a wedding present?" She asks, draping her arms around my neck. I kiss her and wrap my arms around her.
"Yes. I do and I am aware of that fact, that's why they're fake. I do believe our honeymoon was so very rudely cut short schnookums. So, what do you say we head back there after this Liam guy gets Nicky out of prison and those two other lovebirds get married?" I ask her.
She chuckles sexily and says,
"I say I do." She was referring to our wedding vows since we would be returning to the destination we had gotten married and went on our honeymoon from. We both laughed and kissed again.
"Hmmm it's a good thing we're already in the bedroom." Piper says. I smile at her and push her onto our bed. There's a knock at the door. I roll my eyes and get off her.
"Jesus! Why with all the interruptions?! I'm getting pretty damn sick of them!" I groan strutting out of the bedroom with Piper in tow giggling at me as I go to answer the door.
"Hi you guys!" It was Lorna, she was out, a week too early.
"Lorna?! What are you doing here?! You're out of prison a week early!" Piper asked her happily.
"They let me out on good behaviour, wow, you guys have a really nice place!" She explains.
"Thank you Lorna, come in." I say and open the door wider for her. She sits on our couch as Piper holds my hand and we sit beside her.
"Piper! You are a wonderful human being!" Lorna shouts happily and continues, "Nicky told me everything and what you did for her. For us. I don't even know how to begin to thank you! Alex, you have married a good one! Hold on to her!" She tells us.
I snake an arm around Piper's shoulders and kiss her on the cheek and reply to Lorna,
"Oh I know and I intend to, in every sense of the word."
Piper goes pink.
Lorna notices the canvas of mine and Piper's wedding photograph, "Aw, that's beautiful! I hope Nicky and I can have pictures like that! Anyway, while we were in prison, Nicky and I were planning our wedding, Piper, that lawyer you sent has only been on the case for a couple of hours and has already got her a release date, she's getting out on Friday! That means our wedding is going to happen next Saturday!" Lorna squeals in delight.
"Damn, when Daniel said he was one of the best I didn't expect him to be that good." She says in shock to me and continues, "Wish I had known about him when I was incarcerated, Larry's Dad was pretty damn ineffectual." She said and I laughed at her.
Lorna spoke up again.
"So, I came here to tell you guys that and ask you both something."
"Sure Lorna what is it?" I ask her.
"Well, Piper, I was wondering if you would be my maid of honour and Alex, Nicky asked me to ask you if you'd be her's, you know, return the favour?"
"Yes, of course Lorna." Piper said smiling at her.
"Yeah, Lorna tell Nicky I'd be honoured." I say.
"Oh that's so great! Thank you guys! I was also wondering if you two had any suggestions on wedding venues? We're ex-cons and kinda out of money. We don't know what to do."
"Easy. We owe Nicky for saving our lives, especially Piper's. We'll book the Plaza for next Saturday. It's on us." I tell her, smiling.
"You would do that for us?!" Lorna asks almost crying.
"Of course we would and as I said, she saved our lives, we owe her." I assured her.
"Oh my God! Piper! I completely forgot! You know what I'm like with wedding planning, how are you?! Are you ok?!" Lorna asks embarrassed.
Piper smiles, "I'm fine now Lorna, thank you. I'm pretty much healed, I just need to get my stitches removed." This thought made me happy. Piper's Mom was right when she told me in the hospital waiting room that Piper was a strong one. To this day I'm still surprised they accepted me into the Chapman family and didn't blame me for Piper getting shot.
We said goodbye to Lorna and went back to doing what we were doing before she knocked the door.