Oh well this is awkward.

(Alex's POV)

Flashback
While Felix and Piper were asleep I went into the cockpit and slumped down on the chair next to Jason. He put the jet into autopilot so he could talk to me.
"Rough day?" He asked me.
I just gave him a sarcastic look,
"No, my wife has just spent a week in hospital after being shot, she insisted on coming with me to interrogate her shooter, I can't resist her and I am not leaving her alone in New York while there could still be danger and I'm about to question my wife's shooter. What do you think?" I tell him sarcastically.
"Jeez, sorry I asked." He said.
"I'm sorry. I'm just so fucking mad that Piper got shot. I could've lost her Jason!" I tell him almost starting to cry again.
"But you didn't." He said trying to calm me.
"But I could have!" I say back.
"Alex, she's really lucky to have you." He tries.
"How?! If she had never met me she wouldn't have been shot, she would've never have met Kubra, if I hadn't told her to lie then backstab her and tell the truth we wouldn't have been in this mess, fuck." I say guiltily. I couldn't imagine my life with anyone other than Piper but I hated myself for basically leading her to being shot.
"Alex, she survived and you stayed in the hospital with her for the entire week. I'm telling you, my kind of woman, wish I was her." He says trying to make me feel better. He made a mistake though. He was trying to hit on me when I was married and had almost lost my wife who happened to be the only person I would ever look at twice and who was the love of my life. I looked up at him, slightly angrily.
"What did you say?" I ask.
His face flashed with realisation at what he'd said. I continue,
"You wish you were her?!" I could feel myself getting angry now. "You wish you were in a hospital bed for a week with a bullet in your shoulder thinking you were going to die so you tell your heartbroken wife goodbye, then miraculously survive surgery and have your shooter come into your hospital room and try to kill you again?! You want that do you Jason?!" I shouted while whispering not wanting to wake Piper, I didn't care if Felix woke up.
"Alex, that is not what I meant."
"I know what you meant Jason, you have a crush on me, you were hitting on me. I thought you knew I was gay?" I asked him, softening.
"I thought you would be at least bi like Piper." He whimpered, embarrassed and slightly scared I had shouted at him. I sensed this and calmed down.
"Look Jason, I'm sorry, now is really not the time to hit on me. I'm upset and angry and all gay, all the time, no offence but I will never fuck you, I will only fuck Piper. That brings me to my second point, I'm married! You tried to hit on a married woman Jason!"
"I know, I'm sorry, I just, I like you Alex. What you're doing for Piper, it's amazing. I wish I could find someone like you and a love like that." He apologises and admits.
"Because I love her and only her. You're a dude Jason. You have no hope in hell. If you were a girl, you'd be closer but I would still say no because Piper is my 'the one'. Nothing will change that. I'm sorry." I tell him.
"Oh, well this is awkward." He says and shuffles in his seat.
"It doesn't have to be, we can still be friends." I tell him with a smile.
"Oooh friendzoned by a lesbian. It doesn't get worse than that." He laughed.
"See? Silver lining." I laugh back and head back out to be with Piper again.