1. The beginning

As soon as the staff told me everything was ready and we would soon begin, I went inside a room where A, B, C, D and F stickers were placed on top of a table.

"Hello," I said, bowing to the cameramen.

"Hello. You can write some cheering words on the mirror if you want and then you can proceed to select your ranking," one of the cameramen explained.

"Thank you," I thanked him and took the marker.

Show them what you've got, JIAYOU!

I then wondered which ranking to choose. I was confident in my abilities, but I didn't want to risk being degraded to a lower level.

"Okay, who cares? It's not as if though this was my final score," I said and stuck the F sticker on my name tag.

After that, I went to the ranking seats and decided which seat I should sit on.

MENTORS' ROOM

All the mentors, except for Li Ronghao, and Zhang PD were sitting around a table going through a presentation with the trainees' profiles.

"Next up we have Zhu Lin, an individual trainee," Zhang PD said as he went to the next slide.

"It's a girl!" Cheng Xiao pointed out excitedly.

"Oh my god, it's little LinLin!" Jackson exclaimed, putting his hands on the back of his head and standing up.

"Wait, you know her?" MC Jin asked.

"You seem to have an unlimited social group," Zhang PD said.

"Her brother and I were like siblings when we were younger," he explained. "I can't believe she'll be a contestant! But wait, wasn't this show only for boys?"

"She's a surprise. None of the other trainees know that there will be a girl participating. Not even the citizen producers know."

"I'm really looking forward to it," Jieqiong said.

RANKING SEATS

"I'll just sit here, and no one will notice me," I said as I sat down on the 101st seat.

I was nearly out of shot. I was next to the camera operators and the seat was almost hidden, so the rest wouldn't realize I was there unless they went near me.

A few minutes later, two trainees whose names were He Dongdong and Li Changgeng went in. They had chosen D and C ranks, respectively.

They went inside and got excited. They didn't even see me there.

["They didn't even see me at all," I said wiping my fake tears.]

I was trying hard to suppress a laugh as the boys were so excited and acting like little kids before deciding which seats to pick. In the end, they upstairs to the 41 and 42 seats so they didn't see me still. More trainees came in after them and no one noticed my presence, which I found it funny and frustrating at the same time.

["These boys really need to wear glasses," I said sighing.]

Then the Summer Star Entertainment trainees came in and decided to sit down on seats 96 through 100. Chen Minghao was the one who chose to seat on number one hundred and screamed his lungs out when he saw me. The rest of them jumped and looked at him.

"Sorry. I didn't see you there and I got startled," Minghao said bowing politely.

"It was nothing. You were the first one that acknowledged my presence," I said.

From then on, everyone saw me, although some of them didn't notice I was a girl or decided to ignore it, which I didn't mind, to be honest.

Some more trainees from different companies arrived, and then it was OACA's turn. When the boys came in, I stood up and bowed just like I did with the rest, although most of them didn't acknowledge my presence. What I didn't expect, however, was Qin Fen yelling out my name dramatically after seeing me.

"Qin Fen?!" I mockingly yelled back.

He then ran towards me, lifted me up and hugged me.

"Linlin! How long has it been, five years?" He asked.

"I think so, yes," I said and hugged him tightly. "I've missed you!"

"I missed you too," he said and let me go.

After our small encounter, since we didn't want to interrupt the flow of the show, they all went back to their places, but not before Qin Fen promised to talk to her later.

More trainees then came in and chose their seats. After Qin Fen and I's moment they all seemed to be wondering who I was and why I knew him, which only increased the murmurous and gossip.

When Simply Joy appeared on the screen, we were all in shock. There was a person who chose A, so we were all expectant to see who it was. They then went inside and greeted everyone.

"Ziyi!" I said waving my hand in the air.

["The first thing I thought was 'how does someone know my name?', but, when I saw Zhu Lin there, I was even more confused. The show was meant to be only for boys, so why would she be here?" said Ziyi.]

"What on earth are you doing here?!" He yelled from his place.

Everyone stared at us after that and shook their heads. I definitely was a social butterfly in their eyes by this point, but I was too excited to meet my old friends to care about that.

["Am I the only one who doesn't know her?" Xiao Gui wondered. "She knows everyone!"]

After recovering from the initial shock, Ziyi approached me shaking his head and opening his arms, so I ran towards him and quickly wrapped him in a tight hug.

"How have you been, pighead?" He asked while hugging me.

["I thought I was special for knowing her from before but apparently, she knows more people!" Qin Fen said, fake crying. "Wang Ziyi: I'm coming for you!"]

Ziyi then went up the stairs and everyone got excited to see whether he would sit on the first one or not, but I was laughing at him. We were fairly close, and I knew he wouldn't be offended by my laughter, which he confirmed when he saw me and simply rolled his eyes.

"Oh, come on, sit down already!" I yelled after he stood there deciding whether to sit down on the first seat or not. "I know you want to!"

Ziyi then looked back at me, stuck out his tongue and sat down on the second one, so everyone applauded while I sighed in defeat and sat back down.

["He's A material. He has talent, he's got the looks... but he is stupid, really," I joked with a straight face.]