96.

CURSIVE MEANS KOREAN AND BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

When the afternoon came, I went to the dance studio and saw all the teachers in there. I quickly bowed and apologised for making them wait before we went on work mode.

As I had recorded the vocal guide that morning with Yixing, I handed the papers with the lyrics to MC Jin and Li Ronghao so that they made the adjustments that they found necessary before heading towards Jieqiong, Cheng Xiao and Yixing to prepare the dance.

"Ready to work?" Said Cheng Xiao and we began stretching.

As Cheng Xiao and Jieqiong were really flexible, they made me feel a little uncomfortable. They were doing splits with such an ease while I was almost two palms away from the floor.

Finally we finished stretching, which I thanked as I hated it, and began working.

"Do you have any idea on what to do?" Jieqiong asked me.

"I was thinking of the dance being more subdued at first and then increase the power and speed as the chorus approaches." I explained. "The rap could be like a speed point."

"I like it." Cheng Xiao said and they all agreed.

"Let's work from that then, shall we?" Yixing said and we then began working.

************************************

"Lin, can you come here for a second?" Said MC Jin. "We want to show you our changes."

"Coming!" I said and took a towel to dry the sweat from my forehead before sitting next to them on the floor. "Did you need to change a lot?"

"Not really." Said Ronghao. "Lyric wise it was really good. We just adjusted some things, but little ones. Most of the changes are just rephrasing."

"I'm glad to hear that."

"Anyways, I was thinking that for the rap before the chorus, where it says <用倔强击碎 退缩的理由> (yong jue jiang ji sui tui suo de li you), you should make it more powerful." MC Jin said and demonstrated it. "I feel it makes the drop before the chorus much stronger."

"I agree. I like it a lot more that way." I said nodding.

"What I want to point out, is that for the high note on the bridge, it should be more powerful. When you recorded the guide, it sounded more subdued and it didn't really match with the rest of the song."

"Okay, when we finish the dance for the second verse, we'll rest and I'll record it once again."

"Oh and here are all the changes we made. See if you agree with them or not." Said MC Jin and handed me the lyrics. "And thank you for printing it in pinyin. I appreciate it."

"It was no problem." I reassured him and then began reading the lyrics. "I really like the changes you made. They help the flow of the song a lot. "

"Perfect. Then we'll both go to the studio to prepare everything." Said MC Jin. "Give us a call when you are done."

"Thank you again for the help." I told them and bowed.

"It's nothing." Said Ronghao. "You've worked hard."

The both of them then left and I went back with Yixing, Jieqiong and Cheng Xiao.

"Isn't it strange to learn dances in Chinese?" I heard Jieqiong say. "I'm so used to learning them in Korean that now teaching them in Chinese sounds strange."

"I feel the same way too. The first week when we had to show them the theme song, I sometimes nearly said it in Korean." Agreed Cheng Xiao.

"What are you talking about?" I asked them as I sat down next to Yixing. "Reminiscing old times?"

"They agree with me on finding it strange to learn the dances in Chinese. We all debuted in Korea, after all. " Said Yixing.

"You know I can speak Korean, so you can switch back and forth between languages. I don't mind." I told them sincerely.

We then went back to work. This time we were switching languages every few phrases which made us look like crazy people.

As we were thinking of what steps to do next, suddenly the song <Dancing King> came to my mind and I did the little dance that Yixing does in the MV.

"What the hell was that?" Asked Jieqiong laughing.

"It's his dance, not mine!" I said pointing towards Yixing.

"Mine?" He asked confused. "I've never done that!"

"Yes you have! In the <Dancing King> MV!"

"When did I do that?!"

I then took my phone out and searched for the video. After finding the exact minute, I played it and showed it to him.

"Okay, maybe I did it..." He said and we laughed.

"How cute!" Said Cheng Xiao.

"You keep exposing the mentors!" Told me Jieqiong. "First Jackson and the <Sorry Sorry> dance and now Yixing! I'm afraid I'll be next."

"Everything at its time. I have embarrassing moments from everyone stored." I told them. "Talking about embarrassing moments! He didn't see the picture I took on the bus!"

"What picture? What are you talking about?" Yixing asked. "What did you do now?!"

While trying not to laugh, I showed him the picture. He went as white as snow.

"Delete that now!" He said and began chasing me around the dance studio. "I'm going to kill you!"

"Yixing and Ronghao sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" I managed to say before he caught me.

"Zhu Lin, Linlin, Lilly or however you want to be called: you are dead!"