66.

I woke up at around four in the morning hearing someone crying. As I saw that Chengcheng was okay, I quickly stood up to check on Zhengting and Justin. I climbed onto the ladder of Zhenting's bed.

Zhengting was sound asleep with his head once again hanging from the side, so I just placed it back on the pillow for the nth time. I then checked on Justin and saw that he was having a nightmare.

"Justin, wake up. It's just a nightmare." I whispered in his ear and tried to wake him up. "You are just dreaming, it's not reality."

After a few attempts, I finally got him to wake up and the first thing he did when he saw me was sitting up and embrace me in a hug.

"Hey, it's okay." I said rubbing circles on his back trying to get him to calm down. "It was just a nightmare."

"It's just that you... and the boys..." He said but began crying even harder.

"You don't need to explain it to me now. Do it once you've calmed down." I told him and he nodded. 

"Can... can I... can I sleep with you for the rest of the night?" He asked me. "I know it's childish..."

"Don't worry, it isn't. Come here." I said and we both headed down and went to my bed.

"Lin?" Chengcheng suddenly said as he had woken up from his sleep. "Did something happen?"

"Don't worry, go back to sleep." I said and kissed the top of his head.

Chengcheng then nodded and fell back asleep in an instant. I then turned and saw Justin looking at me with a mixture of confusion and happiness.

"Please, tell me you're back together!" Justin asked me excited, completely forgetting for a second about the nightmare he had just had.

"Yes, we are!" I said and ruffled his hair. "No more bickering!"

"Hallelujah!" Justin whispered-yelled. "I couldn't stand the awkwardness between the two of you. Most of us are friends of both of you, so we didn't want to position ourselves in hopes not to hurt the other's feelings."

"Aish... Just go to sleep already!" I told him and we both chuckled.

***********************************************************************************************

The next morning I woke up feeling worse than the previous day. Not only I had a light headache, but my voice was also completely gone.

All of the boys had left for practice but, this time, I had to stay behind. There was no way I would be able to practice if I wanted to get better quickly.

Chengcheng sent me a message every hour to check how I was doing and asking if I needed anything, which was really cute but at the same time annoying. I had told him many times that if I needed anything, I would tell him, but he didn't care. I appreciated it, but it was becoming overwhelming.

Seeing that the towel on the side of my bed had already dried out, I went to the bathroom to wet it again and placed it back beside my pillow.

"I see you keep track of my advises." I heard someone say from the door and looked back to see Jackson standing there with the camera crew. "I was checking on all the groups and they told me you were sick."

As I couldn't speak, I nodded and took a pencil and a notebook from the top of the table. (A/N: Cursive means she writes it down).

My voice is completely gone and I have a headache.

"Then what are you doing awake?!" He told me and pushed me to the bed. "You should be sleeping and sweating it off!"

I've tried, but the medicine has caffeine and I can't sleep. You know caffeine really affects me.

"Oh, that's right." He said remembering how I used to become hyperactive as a child whenever someone gave me a cola or any caffeinated drink. "Have you drank tea with honey?"

Yes, this morning.

"And have you turned on the humidifier?" He asked and I nodded. "Did you clean the filters?"

Yes, dad. I clean them every day.

"Ha ha ha. How funny. Anyways, what have you been doing if not sleeping?" He asked me as he waved his hand as a sign for the camera crew to stop recording and leave.

I have been doing the finishing touches of a few songs I have been working on since I came to the show.

"Really?!" He asked, shocked. "Can I hear them? How many are there?"

I have already finished four and I only have the instrumental and lyric draft for another three.

"Seven songs in three months?!" He asked shocked. "Where do you take the time? How can you have that much inspiration?!"

It just flows out at really strange times. This first one, for example, I got inspiration for the first part because I had dreamt about eating a taco (I really want to eat one) . It is in English and Chinese. 

(A/N: Imagine only one person sings it.)

I then played the draft with the vocal guide and he listened to it intently. He was nodding his head all the way through and was really serious.

"Damn..." Was all that he said as he clapped. "That was legit the best song I've heard in a long time. And to think it's by someone who hasn't even been trained nor hasn't debuted..."

Thank you. 

Do you want to hear the rest?

"Of course! Show me everything you've got." He said excited and instead of sitting down on the chair, sat down next to me on the bed. "I want the context and plan behind it too!"

I then showed him the next song. 

It's called <U Make Me> and it's meant to be a duet. I feel like the vocal part should be the male one, although I don't know why. I like it that way.

"I also like this one." He told me. "I think it's really complete and it's really different from the previous one, which is also nice. This one is more Chinese-centred and less English-centred which shows your versatility in terms of composing, which is a plus. I think it can work really well with a boy singing the hook, yes. I really enjoyed it."