51.

Two days after our little meeting with PD, we were all told we had a day off. The boys and I were all extremely happy that we could go around Beijing more or less freely.

"Fan Chengcheng, Qin Zimo, Qin Fen and Zhu Lin." One of the staff suddenly called us. "Follow me, please."

We followed him towards the main building onto the offices. We were all looking confused as to why we would be called to the main building. No one had ever gone there. It was almost like a restricted section.

"Zhu Lin, please meet Jiang Bin, the executive producer on his office. The one at the end of the corridor." He told me before turning towards the others. "The rest of you are meeting Chen Gang, the director. Follow me please."

After that, they all left and I began working towards the producer's office. Why would he want to meet me? Did I do anything wrong? I wondered.

Once I arrived, I knocked on the door. I could hear a faint voice saying "Come in." so I opened the door.

Once I was inside, I was met with the most smartly furnished office I had ever seen

Once I was inside, I was met with the most smartly furnished office I had ever seen. It was most definitely intimidating, to say the least.

Mr Jiang Bin stood up from his seat as soon as I went in and I bowed ninety degrees.

"You wanted to meet me, sir?" I asked him.

"Yes. Zhu Lin, right?" He asked and I nodded. "Sit down, please. I promise I won't bite."

I then sat down on the chair on the left while he sat down on the couch and took out his tablet.

"You may be wondering why I called you here, right? Don't worry, you did nothing wrong." He said making me curious. "As you may know, yesterday we released a new episode of the program. In this one, your little stunt with trainee Fan Chengcheng was shown."

"I'm sorry, sir. We were just playing around and-" I said but he cut me off.

"No, no, no! No need to apologise!" He exclaimed making me confused. "You see, the views for this program have doubled! Everyone seems to be enjoying this young love thing!"

He then showed me the show's engagement graphic and there definitely was a huge increase in the number of views comparing the previous week with that one.

"What I want you to do, is to keep this thing going. Maybe appearing more on screen together, holding hands... You get what I mean, right?"

"Yes, sir. I think I get it..." I said.

There then was a knock on the door and Chengcheng came in. I was so glad he came that I had to fight the urge to ran towards him.

The producer then told him to sit down on the chair opposite mine and he told him everything he told me. Chencheng just politely nodded through the whole thing and stole some glances from me from time to time.

"... Today you have a day off, so cameras will be following you two around. Pretend it is your first date and act all lovey-dovey, okay? It will be featured on episode eight, so look forward to it." Mr Jiang said and we both nodded. "That is all I wanted to say. You may leave now."

Chengcheng and I bowed and were almost at the door when he spoke again.

"Oh, and, Chengcheng. Just so that you know, we won't be airing your little problem with Qin Zimo, so don't worry." Mr Jiang said and we both then left.

***********************************************************************************************

CHENGCHENG'S POV

"Zhu Lin, please meet Jiang Bin, the executive producer on his office. The one at the end of the corridor." He told me before turning towards the others. "The rest of you are meeting Chen Gang, the director. Follow me please."

We followed him to the other side of the offices and he knocked on the door.

"Mr Chen Gang, they are here." The man from the staff said before we went inside.

" The man from the staff said before we went inside

We all bowed and he stood up to greet us.

"Hello, boys." He said and shook our hands. "I hate to retain you on your day off, but this is an important matter."

He then sat down back again and searched for something on his computer.

"The other day, during the live show, cameras were recording you backstage, you know. Even though there was no staff in there, there were cameras placed in each corner of the room to capture your reactions." He said and then turned the screen so that it faced us. "We were going through some editing here, in the office, when one of my co-workers here showed me this."

Our fight then appeared on the screen. I was glad Qin Zimo's words were recorded too or else I would have been screwed.

"You know we do not tolerate any kind of violence and misbehaviour here, don't you? If not ask those two other trainees which we took disciplinary action to." He said and I gulped. "To your relief, we aren't going to get any of you kicked out from here, but you each have a warning. Two more, and you are out of here before you can even say debut, am I being clear?"

"Crystal." Said Qin Fen.

"Very well then. Off you go." He told us and we bowed. "Oh and, Fan Chengcheng, I believe Mr Jiang Bin and Zhu Lin are waiting for you at his office."

"Thank you, sir." I said before leaving.

I then headed to the other office, politely greeting some of the staff while on my way. Once I arrived, I knocked on the door and headed in. Lin was sitting on the chair on the left while Mr Jiang was on the couch.

"Oh, Fan Chengcheng! You are just in time! Please sit down." He said pointing to the other chair.

Once I sat down, he began explaining how they were getting profit from what he thought was a fake relationship between Lin and I. He wanted us to continue doing so.

"But..." I began and he cut me off.

"Today you have a day off, so cameras will be following you two around. Pretend it is your first date and act all lovey-dovey, okay? It will be featured on episode eight, so look forward to it." Mr Jiang said and we both nodded. "That is all I wanted to say. You may leave now."

Lin and I bowed and were almost at the door when he spoke again.

"Oh, and, Chengcheng. Just so that you know, we won't be airing your little problem with Qin Zimo, so don't worry." Mr Jiang said and we both then left.