41.

Rehearsal time came and I went to get my outfit as I already had my makeup and hair done.

I stared at my reflection and was a lot more pleased with my body than before. I had lost eight kilogrammes in a week, going from 60 kilogrammes to 52. I prayed citizen producers thought it was okay now.

I headed outside and went to the stage where the boys were waiting for me. They all turned around and looked at me scared.

"Lin..." Said Ruibin. "Are you sure you are okay?"

"As good as I'll ever be." I said smiling falsely. "Why?"

"It's because..." He began but was cut off.

"Let's start the rehearsal, guys." Said PD as he finished talking with the staff. "Go for it!"

The song began and I tried to do my best. We honestly sounded much better then compared to how we sounded the day we showed Li Ronghao how we were doing.

Once we finished I began feeling dizzy but waved it off.

"Could you please do it again? I want to try a new light setting." PD asked us and we nodded.

We did it again but this time, in the middle of the song, I began feeling dizzy again but now I couldn't properly breath. It was my turn to sing but I couldn't and began hyperventilating.

"Lin!" Shouted Zhou Rui as he was the first one to notice me. 

I then passed out.

**************NO ONE'S POV**************

The staff went quickly to the stage and tried to get her conscious again, but they couldn't. They then called an ambulance and carried her outside until it came.

"Call Fan Chengcheng and Qin Fen." Lay told the boys as he called Jackson, who was in Korea due to promotions. They all looked at him confused but he became impatient. "Just tell them to come, okay?"

They nodded and Ling Chao called Chengcheng , but he didn't answer. Zhou Rui had called Qin Fen.

"He's on his way." Zhou Rui said talking about Qin Fen.

"Chengcheng isn't responding." Ling Chao announced.

"Try calling Zhu Zhengting." Lay said once he hang up.

This time Ruibin was the one who tried and he picked it up.

"What's up, Ruibin? It's really late and tomorrow we have the performances. What do you want?" He said, his voice breaking as he had been woken up.

"It's Lin. She passed out. PD told us to call Chengcheng for an unknown reason but he isn't picking his phone up." Ruibin explained.

As soon as he said that, Zhengting quickly woke Chengcheng and Justin up.

"Dude, stop it! What the hell you want?!" Chengcheng asked annoyed.

"Lin passed out during her rehearsal." He explained.

Chengcheng and Justin then quickly put their shoes on and headed outside following Zhengting as he was the only one who knew where to go.

Once they reached the spot, the ambulance was already there and they were asking who wanted to go with her.

"I'll go." Quickly said Qin Fen who had just arrived. "I need to go with her."

"Three people at most." The paramedic said.

"I'll go too." Said Lay and hopped into the ambulance with Qin Fen. "Chengcheng, come with us."

Chengcheng just nodded and hopped on too. He was too shocked after seeing such a pale and skinny Lin on the ambulance.

"Please, tell me all about her meals and excercise during the last few days." Asked the Paramedic as we headed to the hospital.

"I haven't seen her in the cafeteria this last few days." Said Qin Fen and looked at Chengcheng.

"She told me she wasn't hungry or that she had already eaten something." Chengcheng said looking guilty. "As she wears baggy pants and a baggy sweatshirt I didn't see it. I can't believe I didn't notice..." He said and began crying.

"It's okay." Said Lay who was sitting next to him. "You didn't notice. It isn't your fault."

"I want you to control her meals from now on." The paramedic said strictly. "She passed out due to the lack of nutrition. We will do some test on her when we reach the hospital, but she will most probably be discharged by tomorrow." She said and then turned to Lay. "I would also check on her social media and the lot. Her suddenly not eating must have a cause behind it." She told him and he nodded.

  **************LIN'S POV**************  

I woke up and looked around the room. I was in what seemed like a hospital room with an intravenous drip on my arm. I then saw Chengcheng next to me on the bed grabbing my hand.

"Cheng." I said and he quickly looked at me.

"You're awake!" He said smiling. "PD, she's awake!" He said going out of the room.

Qin Fen and Lay then came inside, both looking worried.

"Lin!" Qin Fen said and hugged me tightly. "Don't you ever do that again!"

"Boys, could you please go outside for a second?" PD asked them. "I want to talk to her privately."

They both nodded and left the room. PD then turned towards me ans sat on a chair next to the bed.

"Lin, I'm going to ask you a question and I want you to be as honest as possible." He said and I just nodded. "Why did you starve yourself? Why did you overwork yourself?"

I then looked around the room. I didn't want to tell him. He probably thought I was a complete idiot by that point.

"I promise I won't judge you, Lin. I just want to know why." He reassured me.

I then asked him to give me his phone and searched for the hashtag which had been haunting me for days. Once I found all of the posts, I showed it to him.

He began scrolling through them, his face turning into a frown. He then stood up and brushed his fingers through his hair frustrated.

"This is why I object to all of you having your phones back!" He said and slammed his phone on the chair, scaring me. "You don't know how much fame you are all getting due to this program. You still don't know how to deal with it. You are too young!"

He then calmed himself down a little and sat down back again.

"Lin, fame has two sides." He began explaining. "This one that you've seen, is the bad one. In this life there will be people who like what you do and people who won't. It's your duty to not let the harsh comments get to you, because that's precisely what they want. You should never give them the satisfaction of getting what they want, instead you should focus on all of the people who like what you do and who support you.

"And, about the thing between Chengcheng and you, you shouldn't get that to you either. I'm sure he's far more intelligent than that." He said with a cheeky smile.

"But... how do you...?" I asked him.

"Come on! I'm not blind! I know you two are a thing." He said and I blushed like mad. "Don't worry, I'll keep it as a secret."