81.

After the <Boom Boom> team finished, it was time for <I will always remember>. Ziyi was in that team so I was really curious to see how he'd do. It was a very vocal centred song, so I was scared. What I had managed to see during the previous days, seemed to calm my nerves, though.

****************FLASHBACK ****************

I was walking out of the dorms for a jog when I suddenly heard someone singing from the top of his lungs, scaring me.

"What the hell?" I said looking around to see where it came from. 

Looking up, I saw Zhangjing and Ziyi on one of the rooftop windows.

"What are you doing?" I asked them and they looked down.

"Oh, hello Lin!" Said Zhangjing. "I'm teaching Ziyi some singing techniques."

"Really?" I asked surprised.

I then decided that jogging could wait and went to the rooftop to see how Ziyi was doing.

"Why did you come here? To laugh at me?" Ziyi asked me once I arrived there.

"Not really. I'm just curious. I've never heard you sing." I honestly told him.

"He's actually not bad!" Said Zhangjing.

"Really?" I said. "I must hear you then!"

"Hell, no!" Ziyi refused.

"Oh, come on! It's not like I would never be able to hear it! I just want... a VIP pass."

"Just show her." Zhangjing told him. "You know he won't stop unless you do it."

Ziyi then sighed and gave in, singing his two lines. He honestly was really good.

"You shouldn't be scared on the high note, you hit it perfectly. You should do it more confidently." I told him.

"It's just that I'm afraid I won't reach it." He confessed.

"Don't worry, that won't happen." I reassured him. "Anyways, I'll leave now. Continue working hard!"

  ****************END OF FLASHBACK ****************  

"It seems someone joined your group too." Said MC Jin. "Who was it?"

"Ziyi's the new member that joined us." Said Mubo.

"Just seeing Wang Ziyi sing I also think that, because we haven't heard him sing, it seems a bit... so I'm really looking forward to your performance." Said Li Ronghao.

They then began performing and they sounded beautiful. They all were really powerful singers and the dance was really fitting too. I was really looking forward to their stage.

"Ziyi, I was really into your rap. It was really emotional." Told him MC Jin. "Actually you're really a strong rapper. I felt like it was very comfortable, it was really confident, the beat was on point and the pronunciation too. You used your power quite well."

"Wang Ziyi worked hard in his singing. You had a high note at the end and you really hit it with your true voice. I thought you must have worked quite hard." Said Ronghao. "This is your first time singing I will always remember? It feels like it was effective immediately. When you sing the high notes, the highest note, I recommend that you separate it and sing it as two notes. That will help you a lot."

He then demonstrated it to Ziyi and he picked it up relatively quickly.

"I think the rest of you are trainees that are usually quite stable in my opinion." Concluded Ronghao.

"Wang Ziyi, this is the first time you got more vocal parts, is it?" MC Jin asked him.

"The first time."

"When you were preparing, did you look for the other trainees and ask them for advice or have them help you prepare?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"For example... You Zhangjing, Zhou Rui, our leader, and my roommate Jeffrey. Actually, they are good at singing and the reason I can sing like this is because of them because previously I couldn't sing like this. They told me some techniques that helped me in some way but there's still room for improvement. These two days I'll learn from them more. When it's time for the performance I believe it can be even better."

The next team to come up was <Firewalking>. For the first time, Chaoze wasn't the leader, Yanjun was. To me, he really suited that position because he was a natural leader that knew when to be serious and when to lift the spirits up.

I also noticed during these few days that Nongnong went back to his usual self after the chat he had with Yanjun.

  ****************FLASHBACK **************** 

After the <Dream> rehearsal finished, I decided to visit Yanjun because I hadn't seen him in a while.

I knocked on the door of his dorm and heard a faint "Come in!" from the inside. When I opened it, I saw Nongnong on the desk chair and Yanjun laying down on his bed. They both had serious faces.

"Sorry, wrong timing?" I said and was about to leave when Linong stopped me. 

"No, it's okay. Stay. I don't mind you listening to our conversation."

"Oh, okay, thank you." I said and leaned on the bunk ladder. 

"From the first time I saw you to now, you've really changed." Said Yanjun.

"I used to smile a lot but, after a while, people suddenly started to say things like <Fake>, <This thing is acted out>. " Said Linong. "I would trouble myself because of this and would want to say it is wrong to smile?> I feel like I really grieved inside because some things aren't true but when others think that way and spread it you really feel helpless."

"Some things are actually two-sided because you were noticed by everyone, so some people will be unhappy about it." Yanjun told him. "Think about it this way. Because I worked hard with my studies, I got a 100. I feel affected by him people being like that so I start to think <Is it right for me to ask the teacher questions?>. Since then, I've been scared of asking the teacher questions, or else they would think that I am close to the teacher or something like that."

"Yes, that's what it feels like." Agreed Linong.

"Your grade will end up dropping and you will forget how you got a 100% that time." Yanjun finished. "I kept telling you before to not think too much."

"I just started to slowly think if I am really too much." Said Linong.

"Nongnong, if you don't mind me joining the conversation, I must say that you should always stay true to yourself." I told him while he ate his ramen. "If people don't like the fact that you are happy, in all respects, they are stupid. You should never change the way you are or the way you think just because what others say. Most of your fans, and believe me when I say this, fell in love with your smile and your innocent, cute looks. You should only care about what your friends and the people who support you think. I had to learn this the wrong way."

"Thank you, Lin." He said smiling.

"Oh, that cute smile!" I said and pinched his cheeks making Yanjun and him laugh. "I missed your smile."

  ****************END OF FLASHBACK ****************