6. Matching

After a while, all of the boys left as the "lights off" time approached. I took my pyjamas which consisted of a long sleeved white t-shirt and black yoga pants. When I finished changing, I unlocked the door so that they could come in if they wanted to and started getting ready to go to bed. As I was brushing my teeth when there was a knock on the door.

"Can I come in?" Asked Chengcheng from the other side of the door.

Instead of answering him, I opened the door as I had my mouth full of toothpaste.

"Thanks," he said and started brushing his teeth too.

Once I was done, I took out all of my skin care products and put them on one by one, with Chengcheng joining me shortly after. When we were done, we put on our facemasks and went back to the room, where Zhenting and Justin laughed at us.

"You do realize that you are matching, right?" Zhenting said in between laughs.

"What...?" I asked and looked at Chengcheng, who seemed to be just as clueless.

He was wearing a white t-shirt and black sweatpants too, so we indeed were looking similar.

"Well, we both have a great sense of fashion," said Chengcheng placing his arm on my shoulder.

"Or you are wearing couple outfits..." Said Justin and Chengcheng moved his hand in an 'I'm going to slap you across the face' motion.

"In that case, we will all be wearing couple outfits tomorrow," I said and sat down on my bed.

The boys then went to their beds and laid down. Zhengting and Justin laid with their feet next to each other and Chengcheng and I with our heads. Chengcheng wanted to sleep facing the door and I didn't want him to have my feet on his face, so we stuck with that.

A few minutes after the lights were off, you could hear Justin and Zhengting snoring but Chengcheng and I still had our face masks on so we couldn't sleep yet. Once it was time, I took off my mask and went to throw it away.

"Shall I throw away yours' too?" I whispered to Chengcheng.

"Sure, thank you," he said handing it to me.

I went back to bed but I couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning. My mind didn't seem to be up for sleep. When this happened while I was at home, I used to listen to music or relax, but they had taken our phones away.

"Are you okay?" Chengcheng suddenly whispered.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" I asked him.

"I wasn't asleep yet, don't worry," he reassured me.

"I just can't sleep, that's all. Back home I used to listen to music when this happened, but I now can't because we don't have our phones," I explained.

He suddenly sat down on the bed and tapped his lap.

"Place your head here, come on," he told me. "My sister used to do this to me when I was little."

I did so and he started running his hands through my hair while we quietly sang a song. It was the song 小半 (Xiăobàn).