16.

"Can I talk to you for a second, Chengcheng?" Justin asked and they both went outside.

"Can I talk to you too?" Zhengting told me and I nodded. "May I?" He said pointing to my bed and I moved to the side so that he could sit down. "How do you feel about Chengcheng?"

"He's a really good friend as has taken care of me since the moment I came here," I told him.

"Just a friend?" He then asked.

"What do you mean by just a friend?" I asked him.

"Do you have any feelings for him?" He asked me directly and I was shocked.

Did I have any feelings for him? That couldn't be! I had only just met him about a week before. It is true that I really enjoyed his company and I liked to spend time with him, but that couldn't possibly mean I liked him, did it?

"I'll take that silence as a maybe," Zhengting said.

"No, no, no. Let me explain!" I stopped him and he chuckled.

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me." He said and winked as Justin and Chengcheng came back in.

"I'll... I'll go to bed now." Chengcheng said.

"I'll go... I'll go to be too. Goodnight." I said and laid down on the bed.

After around twenty minutes all of the boys were sound asleep. I couldn't as I kept thinking about my conversation with Zhengting. Did I actually like him?

I turned around and look at Chengcheng's sleeping figure. I put the hair that was on his face away. He definitely made me feel different than other boys. He was protective, but not like a brother as he was nice, but not quite like as a friend. He made me want to be around him all the time.

I pulled myself down and kissed his cheek. I don't know why I did it, but I just felt like doing so. He scrunched his nose and smiled which I found really cute. After that, I went to sleep.

*******************

The recording day came quicker than expected and we practised non-stop for it. We were rehearsing when they called us over the PA system for makeup and rehearsals.

When we got there we were amazed by the stage. It was enormous and so cool we were all in awe.

We rehearsed separately and then all together. None of the boys but Xukun and I knew the dance they had prepared for when our stage moved up so I was very excited to see their reactions.

The time to rehearse all together then came and it was time to show the ending. (A/N: If you want a reference, Lin would be on Xukuns's left during the entire dance.)

When we had to walk to the front at the outro of the song, Xukun walked to the right and I walked to the left. We then turn around and he pulls me for a spin before I grab his tie and pull our faces close to each other. We then looked to the camera and tapped our cheeks cutely.

"Woah!" The rest of the trainees said as we finished.

Xukun and I giggled and I got on his back as we went down with the rest of them.

"Did you enjoy it?" I asked as I got down from Xukun's back once we joined them.

"That looked amazing!" Said Xiao Gui.

"Cai Xukun, I'll be watching you." Ziyi playfully threatened.

"Oh, come on! Leave him alone!" I said hitting his arm.

We eventually split up into groups naturally and I went to where Chengcheng was.

"Hello, Dummy!" I said and hugged his arm. "Did you enjoy the performance?"

"I did" He blankly said and removed my arms.

"Is something wrong? " I asked and looked at him in the eyes. "Did something happen?"

"No, nothing happened. Excuse me, I have to go with Zhenting." He said and left me standing there.

F rank then came and we performed again, only this time the teachers were watching us. Through the corner of my eye, I could see F rank dancing along too which made me really happy. 

Once the song finished PD sent us a heart and I nearly melted from his cuteness. 

"I would like to encourage everyone." MC Jin said. "Throughout today's process, regardless of the position you are, if you are on stage or even if you aren't on stage at all, you did well. Because today is only today. And for those on stage, I would like to tell you that now, if you are in front, it doesn't mean you are the best. If you are at the back, it doesn't mean you don't have to work hard. Be focused. The most important thing is to thoroughly enjoy this performance."

We all thanked him and bowed.

"F Rank, we saw a few people dance along, right?"Jieqiong asked and they nodded. "Your condition is not bad. I hope you will continue working hard."

"I think that if when they present it to us they can give us an impression that it is not bad and it can be shown on stage, they will be able to perform with the rest too." PD said.

We all clapped and sent them good luck before they began. We all watched intently. I was so happy for them that seeing how they had been working hard paying off made me tear up a little. Once they finished we all clapped for them.

"On the whole, there has definitely been a large improvement." PD said.

"I think there is a huge difference. Those who worked hard worked harder. But there are still a few who can't remember the routine and are doing the wrong steps." Cheng Xiao stated.

"Please, wait a moment. We have watched your performance well." PD said before they moved aside to make a decision.

Qin Fen approached me and I moved to the border of the stage to hug him.

"You have worked hard. I see how you have encouraged them to work hard. I hope it paid off." I told him.

"I hope so too." He said releasing me from the hug. "Thank you, Linlin."

"After the last check, there are only twelve trainees who can join in the performance of the theme song. They are Qin Fen, Rapen, J-ONE, Qian Zhenghao, Qin Zimo, Sun Haoran, He Dongdong, Jing Peiyao, Xu Heni and Bu Fan." PD announced.

When he said Qin Fen and Bu Fan's names I was so happy. I knew Qin Fen had worked hard, but I always saw Bu Fan training whenever I passed by their class. He definitely deserved it.

He then told the other trainees to not be discouraged and to continue working hard.