110.

A few days had passed since the incident and it was time for the dreaded ranking announcement. This time, I decided to do the small presentation alone instead of with someone else. I danced a little impromptu dance, finishing with a hairflip and sending a heart while winking.

I then sat on my assigned seat which was between Linong and Yanjun. Chengcheng was fairly close to me, he being in the line in front, a few seats to the left.

I chatted with Linong and Yanjun while we waited for PD to arrive. It was our last time filming on that studio and, for some of us, it would be the last announcement. I was thankful we still had until de mentor stages to be together. I wasn't ready to say goodbye.

Not long had passed when PD came in and we stood up to bow.

"Hello, trainees." PD said and went to present the ranking announcement. "This is iQiYi's <Idol Producer>. I am the Citizen Producers' representative, Zhang Yixing. Today, there will be a portion of trainees who will leave. How is everyone feeling right now?"

"Pretty bad, let's be honest." I muttered but he still heard me and chuckled.

"Trainee Qin Fen." PD said. "Your hair looks very good. "Are you using your hair to conceal the nervousness in your heart?"

"Yes." He immediately admitted. 

"Trainee Lin Yanjun changed his hair colour. You know? I feel like your hair turned white overnight." PD continued. "And gosh, Lin! You surely want us to see you!"

(HAIR IN MEDIA)

"I won't get lost in a crowd!" I joked and the boys chuckled.

"Today is Idol Producer's third ranking announcement. It is also everyone's last time receiving your rankings like this before the debut concept evaluation. For the next ranking announcement, you guys will stand on the debut stage." PD said going back to business. "The number of people that will remain at the end of this time's ranking is twenty trainees. This also means that all the trainees from rank one to twenty will survive and receive the final debut task, and trainees from twenty one to thirty six will be eliminated."

"I don't have a feet out. I have almost all of my body there." I told Yanjun and Linong.

"Have a little faith. Nothing is sentenced yet." He told me reassuringly.

"Once again I have nothing to lose." I said trying to be a little more hopeful.

"That's the spirit!" Said Linong giving me a side hug. "Your stage last time was really explosive and you truly stood out. I'm sure you will be above the cut. I believe in you."

Hearing him saying those things made me really soft and I embraced him in a tight hug.

"Nongnong, you are too precious for this world." I told him. "Promise me you will never change. Promise me you will never lose your smile."

"I promise." He said grinning.

"Before the ranking announcement, I want to ask the Citizen  Producers: are you the same as us? You want to know, apart from rehearsals and stage performances, what our trainees are like in their daily lives? Next up is a special time prepared for Citizen Producers." He said to the camera.

"From here it loooks really embarassing. After editing it will look nice, but live it's just funny." I pointed out making them laugh.

"My job is hard, okay?" Said PD embarassed and we all laughed. "I'm a performer, this job isn't for me..."

"They will show the fat suits thing, right?" I asked the boys and they nodded. "I'm glad I wasn't there."

"Oh, and the jumpscares too!" Linong suddenly remembered. "You did that, didn't you?"

"I did..." I groaned." I'm screwed..." I said and facepalmed.

*********************FLASHBACK********************

We were told to go to the place where we picked our rankings the first day. I was nervous to be there again as it brought back many memories. 

 We had to write our thoughts and emotions on being on the show. We could write it for ourselves, for someone or for no one in particular.

"This feels terribly nostalgic although it has only been three months." I thought aloud. "This has been so intense and I have made so many memories here that it almost feels like I've been here for years. The Lin of the first day would have never though that any of this could actually happen."

I then went towards the mirror and picked up the marker. I thought of what I could write. Should I write it to myself or to all of us? Should I be nostalgic or encouraging? I couldn't make my mind up. So many things had happened during those months that I couldn't condense it into just a few words. I could write a book about it even.

To reach your goals, you need to work hard; and working beside all of my brothers has made me stronger than ever. This is truly a memory no one can erase. Keep working hard!

"Even though I try to tell them everyday, I sometimes feel like I don't stress enough how thankful I am to all the boys for not alienating me even though I wasn't supposed to be on the program at first. Not only that, but they have also been there when I was at my worst. I am glad that I get to live my dream next to them; next to my family."

Suddenly, the lights turned off and I looked around confused.

"Did they forget to pay the electricity bill?" I said jokingly. "Wait, no, the light in the mirror is still on. What are you up to?" I said to no one in particular.

Suddenly, a woman dressed up in a ghost-ish costume appeared on the other side of the mirror and I looked at her confused.

"Do they really pay you enough?" I asked her and she began laughing. "No, right? Thought so."

I then turned around to leave and another one appeared in front of me.

"I hope you don't have to split the pay between the two of you." I said smiling and she fell to the floor embarassed. 

While still laughing about how absured the situation was, I helped her up and then began leaving. Suddenly,  someone tapped my shoulder and I turned around.

"Ah! Female Chengcheng!" I yelled half scared-half joking.

He then took off the blonde wig.

"Ah! The real Chengcheng!" I yelled trying to sound more scared than before before bursting out laughing.

"I'm going to kill you!" He said and began chasing me down the halls.