125.

Thanks to Chengcheng, we had missed the entire performance, which made me want to kill him. He should have just waited for us to go back to the dorms. I would have to watch it once the episode aired. We still were able to hear them where we were and it sounded amazing, but I also wanted to see it.

(A/N: It's funny because I'm actually listening to Li Ronghao's <Quarrelsome Lovers> as I write this. If you haven't listened to it, you should.)

The next team was <Mask>. We arrived just in time to watch the performance.

Their practice room was between <Agent J> and <Zero>'s ones, meaning I sometimes could see them rehearsing when I went back and forth between them. Yixing, being the perfectionist he is, made the boys rehearse until it all was ideal.

Xukun had told me earlier that on TV, after editing, they would be playing with black and white, red and blue colours through the performance, so I was both excited to see the actual performance and the version that would be aired.

Everyone's expectations were incredibly high for this performance and, not only did they meet them, they surpassed them. The performance was incredible in every way. They were amazingly syncronized and the power of their movements was unbelievebable.

Lay's high note left me speechless. The fact that he could still do it without faltering after all that dancing was amazing.

"Was that awesome or not?" Li Ronghao asked as he went on stage. "Zhang PD, return to our <It's not easy team>. You can take a rest first. Meanwhile, why don't you all do your self introductions? You didn't do them earlier, right?"

They then did their introductions one by one starting with Xukun and finishing with PD.

"I'm especially thankful to PD and the trainees for presenting to us such an amazing performance," Said Ronghao once they were all done. "Will the trainees please take a rest."

"Then, next, let us invite all of the mentors from iQiYi's <Idol Producer>up on stage, please." PD said and Cheng Xiao, MC Jin and Jieqiong went up. "Let's first invite teacher MC Jin to say a few words."

"I feel that today everyone has gained a lot, right? Because, other than being able to perform on stage, we were able to watch many very exciting performances from behind. Thank you, Citizen Producers for coming to support us today. Thank you, guys." Said Ouyang Jin.

"Actually, our <Idol Producer> is nearing the end." Said Jieqiong. "To us, they have improved a lot and I feel that in the process of being a mentor in <Idol Producer>, not only have I taught them many things, but I have also learned a lot about the trainees' spirits and I have also learned many things from them. I hope that you guys can continue to support them. Also, thank you for always working hard to vote for them and also coming to watch our performances today. Thank you."

"As we film this show, it feels as if we are growing up together." Said Cheng Xiao. "Thank you to the trainees, thank you for your hard work and also thank you to the Citizen Producers. Thank you."

"Every single mentor has a thankful heart as well. Thankful for everyone, but also thankful for the staff members including the director, the cameramen, the audio mixer... All the staff memebers, thank you." PD said.

"I feel that everyone realised we still have another mentor who's not here with us, right?" Said teacher Li. "Teacher Jackson Wang, due to work reasons, couldn't come here to present the collaboration stage for everyone but he is really concerned and paying close attention to our trainees' performance and hopes that there is an opportunity next time to collaborate with them."

I definitely had been missing Jackson this past month. When they had told us he wouldn't be able to perform with us I was extremely sad but I got it because he was working. What saddened me the most, though is that even if he was away, he always called me after the ranking announcements but not last time. I was kicked out and he didn't call me. I wasn't angry at him, don't get me wrong, but I just felt I needed to talk to a brotherly figure about it.

I had been trying to act as if though nothing happened and tried to be my happy, bubbly self, but in reality I was regretful and angry at myself for not working hard enough to be able to get to the final.

My brother hadn't called me either ever since that day I was creating the dance to <My New Swag> with Yixing. He only texted me once in a while and whenever I asked him if I could call him he just told me he was busy and quickly disconnected.

"Lin, are you okay?" Chengcheng asked as we went back to the dorms. 

"Yes, don't worry. I'm just tired." I told him.

"I know that's not it. Don't lie to me." He quickly said. "Something's up. Please, tell me."

"Don't worry, Cheng. I'm just thinking about stuff."

"Lin, this relationship can't work if you can't even tell me what's wrong." He said and stopped walking. "If something bothers you, I want to know and I will try to solve your problem or at least be there for you. I can't do that if you don't tell me. You can't always lift up this wall between us whenever something's wrong because then things like the ones from the <小半> performance  can occur and I can't let that happen again."

Just those simple words made me tear up. I was so busy thinking about the people who, for some reason or the other, weren't there for me and forgot about the one person who had always been there.

He then embraced me in a hug and I cried on his shoulder. After a few seconds, we went to a nearby bench and sat down to talk.

I then poured my heart out. I told him about my regrets and worries as well as about my insecurities and fear of uncertainty that awaited me after I left the program. He listen to every single word intently, ocassionally saying some encouraging things and trying to make me happier and less worried to the best of his abilities.