40.

I went directly to our rehearsal room and stared at my reflection in the mirror. Every fault that these people pointed out were starting to become more obvious to me. I wasn't fit, I wasn't pretty, I wasn't talented. Why did I even apply for the program?

I started to question every little thing that they told me in the comments. Especially the Chengcheng ones. Did they really think I was close to him for attention? I honestly had fallen so hard for him that I was afraid that he would see all of that and think I only wanted attention.

I was bawling my eyes out by that point and punched the wall as hard as I could. There was some blood running down from my knuckles, but I payed no mind to it and headed to the gym.

I arrived at the gym at around six a.m. I went directly to the treadmill and connected my phone to the bluetooth speakers on the walls. Once the music was ready, I put the treadmill at full speed and ran for around twenty minutes. I was really tired and my body was telling me to stop, but I payed no mind to it and continued running.

After the treadmill, I went to the punching bag. I put the gloves on and began punching it which as much force as I could using my upper and lower limbs. Around 45 minutes later, I stopped and went to the refrigerator on the side of the room. Instead of picking the vitamin water like I usually did, I grabbed a bottle of detox water and drank it.

I was drenched in sweat by that point, so I checked my watch and saw that it was already a little after seven. Everyone would be at the cafeteria, so I went to the dorm to shower and change clothes.

After showering, I picked my first aid kit and bandaged my knuckles. As I wanted nobody to see it, I grabbed my gloves, cut the fingers off and put them on. That way no one would notice.

I went back to the rehearsal room and saw the boys already there.

"We were wondering where you were!" Asked Ling Chao once I opened the door.

"I was at the gym, sorry." I said and approached them. "Anyways, let's work, shall we? We later have class with teacher Li Ronghao."

We then began working on the song. This performance had to be perfect. I had to prove all those people that I had talent. That I didn't just get in the program with sheer pure luck.

*****************************************************

We performed in front or teacher Ronghao and the rest of the vocal teams. I tried to do as well as I could but I kept thinking about all those mean comments and couldn't concentrate.

"Individually your singing doesn't have a lot of issues" Said Ronghao. "but it just feels like it doesn't mesh well together. It's only this issue. It's hard to match up to Lin's tone as she's a girl. You should work on that blending. Also, I feel like she doesn't put the same feeling to the song as you three do. "

"I'll help you with it later." Zhou Rui offered himself and I thanked him.

"There's also something I want to ask." Teacher said and we tensed up. "Has something happened, Lin? From what I've seen, you usually are really concentrated when you sing, but just now I felt as if though you weren't really paying attention to it. It's really unusual in you. Did anything happen?"

"No, teacher. Don't worry. I was just worried about my voice not blending in." I said.

He mustn't have caught my lie as he just nodded and told us to keep working hard.

*****************************************************

We were back in the rehearsing room and the boys were helping me out with the song.

"Maybe we should just rise the key." Ruibin offered.

"No, I want to stick to the original idea. We should not just change it because I am here." I said determined.

"Okay, then. Let's start practicing." Ling Chao said and they began teaching me what their feeling of the song was and how to project the notes better.

********TIME-SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY RUIBIN'S LONG-ASS NOTE**********

It had been three days since Li Ronghao's class and the boys had been helping me a lot with the issued that I had. We even rehearsed during the training sessions that I had everyday to loose weight. They didn't know that, though, and just thought that I wanted to train so they paid no attention to it.

I had been skipping meals and training everyday just to look good during the performance which made me feel extra tired, but I didn't care. I had to prove all of the citizen producers which left those comments that they were wrong, even if my health was at stake.

We were back in the rehearsal room to see how I had been doing and when we practiced, the boys seemed to be really pleased. Zhou Rui hugged me tightly and then looked at me confused.

"Lin, have you been loosing weight?" He asked me suddenly.

"Why? Is it a bad thing?" I asked a little angry.

"No, it's not that. It's just... you don't need it." He quickly said.

"I obviously needed it. Have you seen the pictures people have been posting on the internet lately? I look like a flipping cow." I said quoting the comments but they didn't notice.

"Are you stupid or what?" Said Ling Chao seriously which made me shocked. "You weren't fat all! You had an average body, you were slim. If you loose weight you'll look anorexic, for heaven's sake!"

"I'll see you in tonights rehearsals." I said and stormed out of the room.

"Come on, Lin. Wait!" Said Ruibin but I payed him no attention.

"Fucking smooth, Chao." Said Zhou Rui.