43.

The show was about to begin and the boys started to arrive. I had to sit down with my group, which made Chengcheng slightly angry as he said he wanted to keep an eye on me at all times. 

I sat down next to Ling Chao with Ruibin behind me and Zhou Rui in front of me. Ling Chao said he wanted to watch over me which made me smile. He really cared about my well-being.

PD then came in. He quickly scanned the room in search for Yunyi and asked him about his eye. Yunyi had stood up, but PD quickly told him to sit down and said he would sit too. Yunyi then began explaining how he got his injury and PD was really shocked and concerned. 

When one of the trainees told him Yunyi couldn't even lay down to sleep and had to be sitting down he looked at him with pitiful eyes.

"Where's Zhou Yanchen?" He then asked and we all pointed his way. "Still alright?"

"Alright." Answered Yanchen.

"Your eyes are also pretty dazed." PD said concerned.

"I'm still good." Yanchen reasurred him.

"Oh, and where's Lin?" He asked and I raised my hand. "Have you eaten?"

"I ate an apple about an hour ago." I told him.

"You need to eat something else." He said and searched for something in his pockets. He then took out a granola bar and handed it to me. "It still isn't sufficient but it will do for now."

"Thank you, PD." I said and bowed.

"My gosh, guys, you're training way too hard. You need to take care of yourselves. Jiayou!" He said and stood up to leave. " Really, you guys are the best. Believe me. Give yourselves energy, give yourselves confidence. Jiayou!

The first ones performing were the <Nunchucks> team, so the staff told them to get ready and go to the backstage as the mentors and PD wished everyone a happy new year. I quickly wished them good luck as they left but stopped Yanchen.

"Be careful, okay? Do your best but don't push yourself too hard." I told him.

"I will, Lin. Thank you." He said and left with the rest of his group.

Xingjie and Xiao Gui then called me and I approached them. To not block everyone else's view of the screen I kneeled down in front of them.

"We heard what happened. Are you okay?" Xingjie asked me.

"Yes, don't worry. I'm alright now. Thanks for asking." I thanked them.

"We saw the comments on Guigui's post to but decided to not tell you. We thought you hadn't seen them. I'm sorry for not noticing." Added Xiao Gui.

"Don't worry, really. It's not your fault. I'm thankful that you cared about me and decided not to tell me so that I wouldn't worry." I said smiling.

"Come here!" Xingjie said opening his arms and I giggled.

I quickly hugged both of them. They were truly good friends and I really enjoyed their company. Even though we didn't get to hang out together that much due to rehearsing, we had a lot of fun when we could.

"By the way, what happened in the Chenglin field?" Xiao Gui whispered. "We've seen some things, you know? We aren't idiots."

"Chenglin? Did you honestly create a shipname?" I asked laughing. "Well, if you know, what else is there to say?" I said blushing.

"So it's true!" Said Xingjie and high-fived Xiao Gui.

"Didn't you say you already knew?" I asked confused.

"I completely made that up. We didn't see a thing!" Said Xiao Gui laughing out loud.

"I would apreciate if you stopped teasing my girlfriend, boys." Chengcheng suddenly said placing his head in between their's.

"You never asked me out, though. So that title isn't quite there yet." I teased him and the guys laughed.

"I did!" He quickly said and then stopped to think. "Oh, fuck, I didn't...!"

They then laughed even harder and I went back to my seat. The boys performance was about to begin so I quickly sat down to watch it.

It not only was really good, but they also made it really fun to watch and their light game during the breakdown was epic. They truly exceeded my expectations, which were honestly really high to begin with. 

Next up, the <Artist> group was called. They all went onstage and began with their presentations.

"Lin!" Suddenly Zhengting yelled at me. "Do you happen to have that pink lipstick you always carry with you in your handbag?" 

"I think so, let me check." I said and went to the end of the room to check my handbag.

After rummaging through it for a bit, I managed to find a pink shade and a red one. I took both of them and went towards Zhengting.

"Who needs it?" I asked him.

"Chaoze." He said and pointed towards him. "He was too shy to ask."

"Oh, come on! It's not like we didn't know each other!" I said and told him to come with me to a side to not block the rest of the boy's view. "I don't think this pink matches, but with a little bit of the red, it should work."

I then mixed the two shades with my fingertip and told him to open up his mouth. I tested a little and it matched, so I finished applying it properly. To make it look more natural, I quickly dabbed the leftover lipstick over his other one so that they blended together.

"Done!" I said and smiled. "Good as new."

"Thank you, Lin. You saved me from the makeup artist's rage." Chaoze said making me chuckle.

We then went back to our places and watched the performance.

They were truly good. I really liked the original song, but their version was truly outstanding too. It had a more relaxed vibe which I really enjoyed. It would be the type of song to listen while you are just relaxing in your room but still want some music to be on.

As always, Xiao Gui and Xingjie managed to impressed me. Even if my expectations were really high, they always managed to surpass them. They were top notch artist already.