21.

After Justin had told them his idea, they all nodded and we decided to create a mini dance to see how they would do. I would have to walk away and they would pull me towards them and caress my cheek while singing their line.

Zhangjing was the first one to know and let's just say it was quite a sight. He pulled me towards him and then laughed. He couldn't keep a straight face. I also was thinking about the fact that I would be taller than him after I put on heels. We were both 1.76 meters tall.

Next up was Chaoze, he managed to do it without faltering but I was thinking about the height again. He was already shorter than me, although just by one centimeter, and with heels it would look funny.

Then it was Ruibin's turn and he did really well, to be honest. The height also wasn't a problem as he was the tallest one amongst all the boys. 

Finally, it was Chengcheng's turn. We began doing the dance. When he pulled me towards him, he caressed my cheek and smiled a little at the end which made my heart fluttler a bit.

A series of whistles were then heard and Chengcheng laughed and pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him tightly and then went to the side with Justin.

"Now, who do you thing should do it?" I asked Justin again.

"Definitely Chengcheng." He stated. "He and Ruibin were the best ones but the chemistry between you two is just amazing. Plus, I still remember our conversation..."

"Shut up and leave me alone!" I said and went back with the rest of the boys.

"Congratulations to... Fan Chengcheng." Justin said and we clapped for him.

["I actually didn't mind not getting the spot after seeing Chengcheng and Lin together. Have you seen them? It almost looked like a drama!" Said Zhangjing.]

Chaoze stuck the sticker on Chengcheng and Zhangjing stuck mine. He then smiled at me and I smiled back.

["Being the center in a vocal position as a rapper is a challenge for me. I want to use this pretty important position to push myself. I think I can improve." Chengcheng said to the camera.

"And what do you think about having a couple dance with Lin?" One of the staff asked him.

He began blushing like crazy.

 "I won't comment on that." He said hiding his face with his hands.]

For the leader, we chose Lin Chaoze as he wanted to be the leader and also was the one that knew the most about dance, so he could help us a lot with that.

While the rest of the groups went out for a while before practice begun, we started to prepare the couple dance. We decided to place it on the second part of the first chorus. On the fist part, Chengcheng would sing alone and then I would appear, the boys moving to the sides to make a sort of corridor for me to pass through before starting our couple dance.

We all did some brainstorming before starting to work on the dance. After nothing came up, Chaoze asked Chengcheng and I to improvise something and we did. Ruibin took out a camera and began recording. (Play the video on media from second 0:49 for reference of the final dance. This time they did something along those lines but not exactly that.)

Once we finished, I turned to look at the boys and they were all smiling.

"Why don't we keep it like that?" Suggested Zhangjing. "I really enjoyed it."

"Yeah, me too. I think it worked really well." Added Ruibin.

"Their chemistry is shown too, which will grab the citizen producer's attention." Justin agreed.

"Let's work from here, then." Lin Chaoze then said and we began working.

Around an hour and a half later we had it all set and done. We only had to perfect it and work on our coordination, but the dance was all ready. We were all working really hard to show the citizen producers the best version of ourselves.

We then wrapped it up and went to vocal lessons with teacher Li Ronghao.

"Umm... Fan Chengcheng, You Zhangjing, Zheng Ruibin and Zhu Lin, you three. I want to hear you four's individual solo. You first, You Zhangjing." Said Li Ronghao.

Once he finished it was Ruibin's turn and next, Chengcheng's.

"Fan Chengcheng is a main vocal, right?" Li Ronghao asked and he nodded. "I'm very surprised. I always thought you looked like you didn't want us to find you." He added and we all laughed.

He then began singing and, once he finished, we all clapped. Li Ronghao then stood up.

"First, I think there is a problem." He said and made Chengcheng and I panic. "Fan Chengcheng, how come you sing so well?" He said smiling and we relaxed. "This is quite unexpected for me because from your past performances I always thought you weren't very self confident and didn't really want to sing. Because you also didn't open your mouth to sing on your last evaluation, right? I always thought you didn't know how to sing at all. Very unexpected for me. Very good, very good." 

Even though he was praising Chengcheng it almost felt as if though he were exposing him in a not-so-friendly manner, so I carefully sneaked my hand towards Chengcheng's and reassuringly squeezed it before quickly letting it go. Once the teacher finished, he thanked him and it was my turn.

"Zhu Lin..." The teacher said going through his papers. "How's it like being around so many boys?" He asked looking up smiling.

"It's okay, I guess." I said smiling back.

I then began singing and closed my eyes while doing so. Once I finished, I opened them back again and saw him looking at me.

"Is there a particular reason why you closed your eyes?" He asked me.

"When I sing I like to imagine a situation, in this case I was remembering our previous rehearsal." I explained and he nodded.

"Very good. I have nothing to say. I think your voice will blend really well with the boy's ones." He said and I thanked him. "Keep working hard. I expect great things from you."