9.

An hour had passed I was waiting in the corridor for people to come. Xingjie was obviously the first one to arrive, with Xiao Gui next to him.

"You do realize that your first proper conversation was a bet, right?" Xiao Gui said.

"That makes it even more exciting!" I said.

After around five minutes, twenty-three trainees arrived and I guessed no more would come, so we decided to begin. 

I turned around facing the wall at the end of the corridor blindfolded. The trainees would have to pass in front of me and I had to guess who they were. I could stop them if I wanted too, but they couldn't say a word. The camera crew came too and decided to film it for the behind the scenes footage, so it made me feel even more competitive.

"Lin Chaoze..., Ding Zeren..., Han Mubo..." I began as they started to pass. "Li Quanzhe..., You Zhangjing..., Bei Honglin..., Jeffrey Tung..., Zheng Ruibin..., Zhu Yuntian..., hello Xiao Gui..." When Xiao Gui passed I stuck my hand out for him to give me a high five, which he did.

"You are screwed, Xingjie!" Yelled Xiao Gui after the high five.

 "Bu Fan..., Dong Yanlei..., Qian Zhenghao... " I stopped the next one as I struggled for a second, but managed to recognize him after a few seconds. "Zhou Rui..., Chen Linong..." I recognized the next one and opened my arms. "Pighead..." Ziyi hugged me quickly and I continued. "Cai Xukun..., hello loser of the day..." I said as Xingjie passed by. "Qin Fen..., Justin don't steal my shampoo..."

"Sorry!" He said before leaving.

"Hello, Yanjun..." I said continuing. " I like the smell of your aftershave, Zhengting." I truly enjoyed the smell it had. It was kind of addicting, to be honest.

"Chengcheng." I finally stated and tried to get my blindfold off.

"Wait, there's one left!" Said Qin Fen.  

"But I thought there were twenty-three people?" I said before shrugging and going back to my place.

I tried to guess who he was but it was really difficult for me, so I asked him to stop. The scent was indeed familiar, but it couldn't be him.

"It smells like someone who can't be playing the game!" I yelled.

"Who do you think it is?" Xingjie asked me.

"I don't know! He smells like Zhang PD!" I said and a series of woahs were heard all over.

I took the blindfold off and ZhangPD was, indeed, in front of me.

"I really didn't think you would have guessed. How did you recognize me if you only saw me near during the ranking evaluations and we were far apart?"

"I pick smells really fast, I guess. I could guess all of the mentors just by their smell too." I admitted.

"That is quite a skill!" He told me and turned to Xingjie. " Zhu Xingjie, you better keep your promise!" He said before leaving.

"Ho...how did... how did you?" He said confused.

"Tomorrow we'll start with the bet, so be ready!" I said ruffling his hair before I left.

*********

When nighttime came, Zhenting and Justin went to sleep early saying that they were tired but Chengcheng and I remained awake. We were both laying down but we weren't sleeping. He was reading a book and I was working on some music on my laptop. I had attached a USB light and pointed it at him so that he could actually see the book.

After a while, I got frustrated and decided to stop. Chengcheng told me he too was going to stop reading so I turned the laptop off and put it aside.

We weren't feeling sleepy so we started talking. We mainly asked each other about our families and our life away from the program. He told me about his famous sister and how he wanted to prove his talent.
I was getting tired of pulling myself up on my elbows but didn't want to sit down either, so I placed both mine and his pillow closer and laid down. He did so too after a while and we faced each other.

"This feels strange, but it is oddly comfortable." He suddenly said.

"I think so too. I'm really glad I helped you on the ranking evaluations or else we wouldn't have been friends," I said and caressed his cheek.

"I'm really glad too." He said smiling. "You really are an amazing person, you know that?"