The mall- 26

Kirishima pov
I hurriedly knocked on Kat's door. Of course he took his time opening it. "Oh, hey Red, did we have a study date or something?" He sounded rather confused. I shook my head, excitement coursing through me.
"I just got a text from- uhh, Ashido, the gang is meeting at the mall and was wondering if we'd want to come?" I knew if I had said Midoriya's name Kat would of said no.
"I don't know-"
"Come on it'll be fun!" I looked at him, trying to give my best puppy-dog eyes.
"Do they even want me to come?" He asked rather emotionlessly. I punched his shoulder.
"Yeah, like I even have receipts saying 'bring Bakugou', do I have to show you them?" I hoped he said no, I didn't want him seeing they were from Midoriya. He sighed; "Fine, let me get my stuff." I looked him up and down.
"Maybe get changed first?" I recommended. He glared at me.
"Really, what else do you fucking want! shall I-" I ignored his ranting and walked past him, over to his wardrobe. Before long I had laid out some jeans, a t-shirt and a cute red jumper. He moaned whilst putting it all on. "You only chose the red one cause of you're fucking hair."
"Yeah I know." I laughed. He was finally dressed and he began walking towards the door in a strop. "Hold on!" I warned whilst rushing over. I started to fix up his scruffy hair.
"Oh for fuck sake Red!"

We saw a large group of kids standing by the entrance to the mall. The last time I had been here was when the big kiss happened, and now I was dating that very same boy. Of course we weren't holding hands, but my fingers were hovering next to his. I heard a couple of 'heys', 'it's Bakugou and Kirishima' coming from our classmates. I noticed not everyone was there. I grinned and waved. "Hey guys, glad we could make it!" Kat on the other hand was silent. I whispered to him; "remember, be nice." He just looked at me and nodded with uncertainty.

This time around, we all mainly stayed together. After what happened last time, we didn't want to risk it. We had been walking through the mall and so far, Katsuki had behaved. He did this by only replying with grunts or one-word answers. He looked so out of place, it made it slightly upset. Thankfully I had also noticed the effort of some of our friends, who were trying to get him to feel more comfortable, mainly; Ashido, Midoriya, Uraraka, Iida and a few more. They were clever, talking about things such as heroes and villains, All Might and so on. This did cause Kat to speak a bit more, but not too much.

We had shoved a load of tables together so we could all sit with each other in the food court. Everyone was currently laughing, eating, drinking. I joined in for most of it, trying to include Kat. He wasn't the best people person, but I think he noticed how much I was trying with him so he tried as well. We were speaking about the UA Sports Festival, something I knew Kat could join in with since he did win it. "Well yeah I was angry cause Todoroki didn't try his all." Kat said, trying to keep his calm. Throughout our time in the food court, Kat had been holding my hand under the table. Obviously I liked him doing so, but I was a bit nervous in case someone noticed.

It seemed like everything was going smoothly, until the conversation shifted. It was Sero who did it specifically; "So like how come no one has started dating in our class, there's always usually a power couple?" From his statement, part of me wanted to jump up and be like 'yeah it's me and Kat'.
"Maybe because we're actually focusing on the reason we're at UA instead of dating." Stated Tsu. Katsuki looked at me, I just smiled sheepishly. I felt his grip loosen under the table.
"Oh come on, I bet half the guys in our class are crushing on you girls." Sero chuckled. "What about you Kirishima, any girls you're interested in?" Sero asked innocently. I knew he was just having a normal conversation, but part of me started to panic. I just shrugged it off.
"Sorry, not me." I was calm about how I said it, yet I didn't feel calm. This is when Kaminari came in;
"Yeah, you never have shown an interest to the girls." He sounded chill, but I didn't know if he said that because of the rumours. Was he trying to call me out? This is when Kat got pissed. He screeched back his chair and stood up.
"Shut the fuck up." He said, sounding almost deadly.
"Woah dude, calm down." Kaminari said whilst leaning back in his chair. Thankfully Mineta wasn't here.
"Well stop trying to single out Red then!"
"Red, we have nicknames?" Even though Kaminari seemed confident, I knew he was scared. Why he was doing this, I didn't know.
"Stop being a jerk." Yelled Ashido to Kaminari.
"Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to cause anything." He held his hands up innocently, I guessed this pissed off Kat even more.
"Why don't you shut the fuck up you overgrown fucking Pika-" Kat was yelling. I stopped him by grabbing his wrist. He looked down at me, I shook my head. He breathed out heavily before turning to walk away. "Fuck sake."

I had left the food court to follow Katsuki, not caring what the others would think. I'd spotted Kat going into the toilets, so I entered as well. He was leaning over the sink and staring into the mirror. I had to admit I felt kind of bad. I had brought him here, promising he'd have a good time, not argue. "Hey Kat, you okay?" I asked with sympathy. He turned to me.
"What do you mean you idiot, I should be asking if you're okay?" He sounded so sure of himself. I looked at him, the corners of my mouth curving up.
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine, I was just worried about you."
"Ugh, sorry Red. It's just when people do shit like that, it annoys me." I nodded in agreement with him, walking closer. No one was in the stalls, we had the whole room to ourselves; free to talk about us.
"Look, we may get stuff like that okay, but remember. You're like the best hero in our school and I'm pretty great at keeping a level-head, we can deal with anything." And with that, I kissed him. It was a relaxed kiss, one to comfort him if anything else. He kissed back for a little, that was until the door opened. I felt all of Kat's body freeze. I quickly pulled myself off Katsuki and turned around. Standing there was Midoriya, Todoroki and Iida.