Tension- 57

Kirishima pov
I watched him with intense eyes as he pulled a seat next to Ashido. Uchida wore a welcoming smile, already charming half the table. "Ugh hey man! How's life?" Yelled Ashido rather too excitedly. Since Uchida loved attention, he began explaining how awesome he and his school was. Our friends politely nodded and smiled at him through it all.
"Anyways, enough about me. Introduce me to your class." He nodded at all of us, giving me the chills; he still hadn't recognised me.
"Okay, well this is;" she began to list our names as she went down the table. "That's Hagakure, that's Ojiro," I looked down the table to see Ojiro looking quite defeated, perhaps his training didn't go very well. "That's Bakugou and that's Kirishima. Oh wait! Didn't us three all go to the sa-"
"Kirishima?" Uchida leaned forward with surprise and stared me down. I froze, wondering whether to speak or stay silent. Kat turned to me with a look of worry.
"Yeah, you may not recognise me." I spoke calmly, yet I knew I was shaking. For a second, he smirked before looking around the table to see everyone's intrigued yet serious faces. Suddenly he gathered himself and leaned back in his chair.
"Well hey buddy. It's been a while." He pulled a sinister smile and waved.
"Actually no, you saw us the other day. I'm his boyfriend, which you didn't seem very happy about. In fact, you looked disgusted when you saw us holding hands." Kat said with anger. The whole table was silent, waiting for Uchida's next move.
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry if that's what you thought. No, I wasn't disgusted, I guess I was just rather surprised at how confident you two were whilst being so young." Lie after lie he spouted. "You two really are an inspiration to others." It was almost as if he struggled to say that last bit. I felt like I almost chocked on my food as he said that. Suddenly I had an internal fight in my head; do I call him out, or do I accept the new, kind Uchida? All of a sudden Kat's mouth was by my ear.
"What the fuck is going on?" He whispered.
"I have no idea." I said quietly. "But let's not confront him, for now."
"Well good for you Kirishima. You know, I knew you had some trouble back in middle school, but I'm glad you've overcome it." Uchida continued with a bright smile. What was happening?

He had stayed with us for the rest of lunch. Kat and I just sat at the end of the table, completely blanking him. He never really acknowledged us after our conversation, except from a couple times when he brought up 'good' memories from the past. The two of us just talked in hushed tones. "Maybe he's changed?" I said with doubt.
"Eh, maybe he's just trying to give a good impression." Replied Kat.
"Maybe he's scared of us, since we're in UA and you're like awesome." Kat lightly smiled at me.
"You're awesome too you know." He said gently before looking over at the white-haired boy who was currently laughing with Urarake, Yoayarozu, and Ashido. "Ugh I hate him. I can just tell that he's a little shit." Kat growled. It almost made me blush at how defensive he was about me. Then again, I was also a protective guy and I felt the same way about him. "And you know what, if I see the fat blue boy and his sneery friend come over, I'm going off." I wondered what Kat's definition of 'going off' was. Before I could respond, we were interrupted by the loud speakers telling us to go off for training. With a moan, Kat and I stood up, giving each other a small kiss. "I'll see you after training Red, have fun." Kat waved whilst walking away. He was so eager to train, I was glad our relationship hadn't jeopardised that.
"Mind if we have a word?" I felt a cold hand on my shoulder; I turned to see Uchida with a stern face. I panicked slightly, feeling the beating of my heart increase.
"Err, sure." I said simply. As he lead me over to behind a pillar, I suddenly felt like my middle school self. I felt small and weak, scared of Uchida. I knew I shouldn't be scared, I was just as strong, even stronger than him. It's just the way he had made me feel all them years came running back. I didn't know what to expect when he leaned against the pillar with me in front of him. That was until he opened his sly mouth.
"Well hey faggot." I froze at his sinister words. "You haven't got any of you friends or your fucking disgusting boyfriend to back you up now." He stared me up and down. Instantly, I felt a sharp feeling in my heart. It was anger, the way he talked about Kat.
"Well it says more about you, needing to pull me away from my boyfriend to speak to me, since you're too scared of him." The two of us were shocked at how effortlessly I gave my response. Katsuki must have been rubbing off on me.
"Scared, of him! No, it's just I couldn't be bothered having to argue with an arrogant idiot." He sneered. I folded my arms, making sure I wouldn't lash out. It really made me mad at the way he talked about Kat.
"Look, I don't care to hear all your annoying, boring homophobia okay? So have you got anything to actually say or, I'm going." I was pretending to be more confident that I actually felt.
"Other than the fact that I hope you and your boyfriend get fucking aids," he grabbed my wrist. "I just wanted to let you know that we'll beat the shit out of you and your class in the games this week. And maybe even out the games as well. Depends how much fucking gay shit I have to see. And please, for the love of God, don't kiss each other in front of me ever again." Our faces were inches apart, I could feel his powerful presence that had scared me all them years. So many words and ideas began brewing in my head, but I couldn't get a single one out. "So that's all I had to say. I'll see you later," he quickly turned on his heel and walked away before saying something back to me. "Faggot."