Verse- 104

Kirishima pov
Knotting my tie and buttoning up my blazer, I stared at the forbidding, red rose that sat dormant on the bedside table. It was a strange gift to receive from Cupid, he said it was to 'apologise'. I still hated it though, it felt so, false. I couldn't describe the feeling, it was as if the flower had a hidden meaning that I couldn't quite understand. Or I was just me blaming an innocent rose for the real problem that I couldn't stop thinking about; Kat. Ever since the evening of the picnic, he had hardly messaged me, and when he did it was blunt and shallow. It forced my mind to wonder if I had done something wrong, messed up. Though it was Saturday, the day of the charity ball. Kat would be there, and honestly I had no idea on how to behave. The idea of me reading too much into the messages did come to mind, and it was probably true. I tended to overthink when it came to Kat; though I still worried. "Hurry up Sora we're gonna be late." I called, hearing the tap water turning off.
"Yeah yeah, I'm coming." Cupid stepped out the bathroom, wearing his signature white. His whole suit was cold and icy, and fitted him almost too much. His drained hair was slicked back with gel, and he finished the look with a pale golden chain wrapped around his neck.

We sat in the limo uncomfortably. I made sure we weren't too close, and I was already planning on my walk down through the cameras and reporters. I wanted to make sure the two of us didn't seem too friendly, all those rumours now made me feel sick. Quickly, I checked my phone screen, hoping for a message from Kat; there wasn't. "Hey Riot, can I give ya one word of advice?" Sora leaned over, placing his hand on my knee.
"Okay." I didn't care really.
"You probably shouldn't speak to Bakugou tonight. I mean, he's been ignoring your texts so that probably means he doesn't want to talk." His words cut me, they were razor sharp. Despite the sincere front, the spite behind his 'advice' was almost evil.
"Excuse me?" I managed to say.
"You just don't want to embarrass yourself, like I get-" And in that moment, something clicked. Something was wrong, it had been wrong ever since Wednesday. I thought it revolved around Kat, which it still did; but in that limousine, I realised, it was all to do with Cupid. I just didn't know what though.
"Shut up Sora."
"Sorry?"
"I said-" I looked directly at him. "Shut. Up."
"I'm sorry I don't know who you think you fucking are to tell me to-" Thankfully, we had arrived. A red carpet leading up some stairs was waiting right outside the car door, with camera people everywhere. And dominating the whole scene was a large, old building, one perfect for a ball. I took the opportunity and exited the limo, one; so I didn't have to listen to Cupid's lies, and two; so I could go down without him. He wouldn't be able to make a scene in front of so many cameras.

The party was fine. Everyone looked nice, the music and food was good, and the whole building had a great atmosphere. Too bad I could only focus on one person; Kat. He stood with a slouch, and was staying mute whilst a few people talked around him; Mina, Ochaco, and Izuku. I didn't know what to do in the situation, whether I should go up to them or not. They were my friends, but I didn't know where I stood with Kat. It was unfair, me being left in the dark when I was sure Kat and Sora knew more. So uncomfortably, I stood on my own, taking small sips from my drink. That was until I noticed Mina walking over, with a concerned Kat watching her go. Her face seemed sharp, almost angry, though I didn't know why. "Eijirou, what the hell is going on?" She asked piercingly, hands on hips.
"What do you mean?" God my heart was racing. Suddenly I had been thrown into complete panic mode, over something I had no idea about.
"Do you know how much that messed Katsuki up? Like what the hell? Were you just leading him on-"
"Woah Mina, slow down. What happened?" I looked back at Kat who just seemed, tired. It was as if he had given up, and all he could do was watch. That broke me.
"You!" She pointed at my chest. "You and that Cupid guy!" My heart dropped. What had Sora done?
"I honestly don't know-"
"He was so happy after that picnic! Then you had to go ahead and ruin-"
"Stop. Please Mina." It was Kat. He looked so beautifully haunting in the evening light. His voice was so raw that it pained me to hear. I had to do something.
"Kat look I-"
"Maybe," he took a deep breath. "Maybe we should speak alone."