This is so embarrassing- 40

Bakugou pov
Needless to say, we felt out of place. We had been told that Momo's parents were also having a more 'formal' party downstairs, us kids were on the second floor. Apparently the children of the other adults' would be attending our party. As we walked up the stairs Eijirou pulled away shakily from my hand, shoving his in his pockets. I looked over at him and studied his upset expression. An overwhelming feeling of hurt washed over me. I didn't think I was as obvious as Red though. With puffy eyes and blotched cheeks, he looked as if he was about to cry. His posture had lost all its confidence as he hunched over slightly. It was all understandable though. Red and I had hadn't faced much prejudice or hate before, never any homophobia. Everyone we knew were so supportive, creating an unrealistic idea on how the world would behave to us. "Just forget about it." I whispered over to Red. After pausing for a second, he nodded at me and gave a weak smile. I felt terrible, as did Momo.
"I am so, so, so, so sorry for my parent's behaviour back there. I'll definitely talk to them about it." Her voice had real concern.
"It's fine Yaoyorozu." I said dismissively.
"Are you guys alright?" Asked Uraraka worriedly. Before we had time to answer, we reached the room were the fancy dress was. I looked around, seeing familiar faces, and unfamiliar ones as well. Some dressed as heroes, others wore costumes such as princesses, movie characters and figures from pop culture. Usually I would have assessed my odds on winning the contest, but I had lost all motivation. I felt vulnerable, me and Red. Being spoke to like that was one thing; it was the way it had affected Eijirou that haunted me. I wanted to leave, but then our classmates came and joined us.

Red and I stood quietly in a group with our friends. They all laughed and chatted. I had been too nervous to take back Eijirou's hand, I didn't want him to panic. Red subtly asked the others to not bring up what happened with Momo's parents, which they all agreed to as long as we'd talk about it after the party. Throughout the whole time in the group, I noticed Eijirou constantly check his phone, causing me to worry. I really wanted to get out of this place, as did Red. "Oh, hello everyone." I heard an unfamiliar voice behind me. We all looked to see a lanky, black-haired boy wearing a a silver costume that resembled a robot. Next to him were a couple other teens in tacky clothing.
"Oh, everyone, this is Hisoka Yamamoto, son of Kazuo Yamamoto." Introduced Momo. I heard a couple gasps coming from the others; Kaminari, Uraraka, Jiro. I had heard of his father, the owner of some multi-million business. Everyone then said their hellos' excluding the two of us, we just weren't in the mood. Of course, Yamamoto picked up on this;
"Is something wrong 'Firemen'." He and his friends laughed. How obnoxious.
"Yeah, sorry. I'm Kirishima, this is Bakugou, nice to meet you." Red said with a monotone voice. I hated seeing him like this.
"Does Bakugou not even have the simple respect to greet me himself that he needs his boyfriend to do it." Yamamoto spat. He said it with disgust, the word 'boyfriend'. Red's eyes looked at the boy with nervousness and embarrassment; I looked at him with anger. I raised my hand and opened my mouth to yell but then a loud voice boomed over the large room.
"May everyone gather around for the costume contest!" Spoke Ashido excitedly.
"Good luck, boys." Yamamoto hissed before walking away.
"Fuck sake-" I heard Red say next to me, then he turned towards me. "I asked if we could have a fancy dress contest."
"What are you guys waiting for! Come over here!" Yelled Ashido who was standing on a small stage in the corner of the room. We gave each other a look before I said;
"Come on. We'll do this stupid contest then we can go, yeah?"

I stood in front of a large group of kids with Eijirou by me. To either side of us were other teens; some of them were our friends, Ojiro in a lion costume, Aoyama in a knight outfit. Ashido, dressed as a teddy bear, was at the front of the stage with a microphone. "So the rules are simple. Went I point at the contestant I want to hear a loud cheer for your favourite. Everyone understand?" Everyone responded by cheering, the loudest ones coming from class 1A. The two of us shifted uncomfortably, knowing that we didn't want to be on the stage. I felt my temperature increasing as I saw all the watching eyes. I didn't usually get like this, but after everything that had happened, I was feeling very vulnerable.
"Excuse me, why are they in a pair?" Shouted a friend of Yamamoto. This gave him a pat on the back and a laugh from him.
"Because they're boyfriend and boyfriend, their costume comes in a pair?" Said Ashido innocently. My heart began to beat heavily as I watched the audience look back and forth at each other, some even laughed. I knew our friends noticed due to Deku's reaction; he said something to Todoroki before giving the two of us on stage a concerned look. Momo seemed as she was about to cry; she felt a sense of responsibility for everything that was happening. Ashido tried to brush it off by beginning the contest. "So our first costume is, an alien!" Through the cheering done by the audience, Eijirou whispered in my ear;
"I feel sick. This is so embarrassing." Hearing him say those words so deflated, made my heart feel like it'd just been shot. It was like I couldn't get my words out to him, I just nodded silently. We had been through rough times, fighting villains and all, yet this was the thing that left me frozen. Ashido has just finished Aoyama and we were next.
"Okay, now it's double trouble, the sexy firemen, Bakugou and Kirishima!" I watched as all of 1A cheered tremendously, the rest of the audience as well, yet not as much. I breathed a sigh of relief. I couldn't care less about winning, I just wanted nothing bad to happen. As the cheers died down, I relaxed slightly. Then, I heard it.
"Faggots." It was a voice from the audience, I couldn't work out who. My whole body tightened and my breathing almost stopped. Our friends who stood at the front of the stage all looked around before focusing back onto us. It was almost as if that word had corrupted the whole dynamic of the party. Ashido was still, and the noise from the audience was at a minimum. I always thought, if I was ever in a situation like this, I would go crazy, blow things up. Yet I just stood there in fear. In fear of hate, prejudice, homophobia. In fear of how ugly the world was. In fear of how broken that could make Red feel. Then, in the dismal silence, Red sprinted off stage.