Chorus- 105

Bakugou pov
We found ourselves on a empty balcony that overlooked the sleeping city, lit up by the all-knowing moon. I closed the double-doors behind us, creating a single universe for just him and I. We were fully alone, with only the company of stars and our growing tension to watch us. Honestly, I had no idea how to begin, when all I had were broken words and damaged thoughts. The embarrassment ate away at me, so much that I felt hollow. So I waited for him, since I told him everything through just me face. "Look, Kat, I have no idea what's going on." Instantly I could read that he was telling the truth. The concern in his eyes said it all. Well at least I knew that Cupid hadn't told him.
"I just-" empty, I felt empty trying to speak up. I was so tired of even trying to say something at that point. It was like we were in some sort of endless cycle, having conversation after conversation that left me more confused then the last. When I finally spoke, it was a whisper. "I just can't even- look at you." I didn't really know what I meant, just that it was true. Looking at him made me fall, fall into so many emotions that I had no control over. I hated crying, but I knew I was. Tears were already streaming down my face as I stared into the hurt eyes of the man I loved.
"Kat," Suddenly, I felt his warm grasp on my hands, as he picked mine up and held them in his. This only made me feel lower. "Why, why can't you look at me?" His gorgeous red eyes looked like stained-glass windows, beautifully reflective as water began to fill them. "What happened. Was it Sora?" I stiffened at the name. Red could so easily read me, since he knew right away. "What! What has he done?" He leaned in closer, making me feel smaller.
"You two- you two are together?" I said weakly, causing Red to almost be pushed back. Letting go of my hands, he sighed deeply and covered his face with them. "Why didn't you tell me-"
"We're not together!" He yelled, throwing his hands down to show his tormented, crying face. "Is that what he told you!" He was mad, extremely mad, but it wasn't at me. I didn't know how to answer really. Confusion had washed over me, leaving me in a state of not knowing what was going on. I was sure Red felt the same.
"We were in the elevator of your hotel. He told me you two were- were sharing a hotel room. He made it out like you guys were-"
"Were what, sleeping together! I swear to god I'm going to kill him." He shook his head in pure frustration. "We're not. In fact, I hate the guy."
"Then why did you tell me you were alone at the hotel?" I asked, this time more sure of myself, standing straighter and speaking clearer. He looked at me with guilt, almost trying to tell himself something before he could tell me.
"I- I didn't want you knowing because of this exact reason. I didn't want you thinking that I- that I loved him or anything." He stepped closer to me, making me become more nervous than I was. "Wait, why were you at my hotel?"
"I was just-" I paused, thinking. "Wait, why would you care if I thought you and Cupid were together or not anyway?" I took a step closer, interrogating him as he was me. Red shook his head desperately, this time with a slight, sheepish smile.
"Well, because I- hold on, you never answered my question, why were you at the hotel?" I could feel his breath, and I had missed that feeling.
"I just came to talk to you, that's all."
"About what?" He tilted his head. I felt my cheeks warm, was I blushing?
"You. Me." I paused, looking down at the ground. "Us."
"Us?"
"You know, like- like what was happening with us." I needed to calm down my words, admitting to him how I felt would be too risky. But suddenly the mood changed, as Red smiled. He smiled so beautifully and effortlessly that made us feel like pure gold in that moment. "What are you smiling about, you dor-" His hands cupped my face and his lips captured mine. His warmth seeped into me, like some sort of drug that I never wanted to give up. I could feel his eyelashes on my skin, sending flutters throughout me. My arms curved around his neck and we fit together so perfectly, so easily, like two sides of a broken heart being put back together. We were one being, one powerful, benevolent being that existed only for the two of us, that was only the two of us. The connection of our two lips was so much more than just contact, it was the breath of life, given back to love that was once lost. It was everything perfect in this world, compacted into a single moment, into a single kiss. As we finally pulled away, I felt like I was looking at an entirely new existence, one with colour, with brightness, with Red. It had been two years, but I was finally alive again, finally with him.