Catch up- 80

Bakugou pov
"Okay, I've got the cake, you've got the presents, ready to go in?" I nodded to Red, who was obviously worrying.
"Don't worry, okay?" I said, knocking on the door. He gave me a brief, nervous smile before it opened, revealing my dad, Masaru.
"Boys, please, please, come in." With his usual kind grin, he stepped to the side and let us enter. "Ah, Kirishima, so great to see you."
"You too Mr Bakugou." Red bowed slightly.
"Please call me Masaru, and for Mitsuki as well, you're part of the family after all." Red couldn't hide how happy that made him, with pink cheeks and a goofy smile. It made my heart warm seeing Red like that, knowing how his parents were.
"Is that the boys?" Called an excited voice from the other room. Mitsuki, my mum, entered the hallway, smirking at the two of us.
"Hi Mrs B- Mitsuki, happy birthday!" Red stuttered, receiving a small hug from my mum.
"Yeah, happy birthday." She then hugged me, careful not to knock the presents in my arms. A couple weeks ago I ordered her a new hairdryer that supposedly she'd been talking about a lot to dad. Red, bless him, had gotten a box of chocolate and a bottle of wine; he asked an older student to get it for him since we were underage. It also included a card, I didn't know what he wrote in it. Judging by the lack of cars outside, I knew we were the first to arrive. After hugging us both, my mum lead us into the kitchen, indicating to the table.
"Please, sit!"

To say it was my mum's birthday, she sure seemed to focus more on us than herself. We all sat around the table, a couple of birthday decorations scattered around us. As we waited for the others, my parents basically quizzed Red and I. "So, how was the school trip?" My dad asked, leaning forward on the table. The presents sat beside my mum, which she decided not to open until she received everyone's. The cake was on the counter, which my mum was happy about; not knowing I could cook.
"It was really crazy. A lot of drama with other schools, but it ended on a high note." Smiled Red, already feeling more comfortable.
"Yeah, there was arguing, but we also went on a- a nice date, and we joined in in that Pride festival thing." I added casually, not trying to make a fuss about it. After how they reacted to me and Red dating, I was worried that they'd do the same, but clearly, they learned.
"Oh yes, I've seen some of the pictures, you two looked great!" My dad chatted, holding a cup of coffee.
"And that's how you got the interview right?" My mum added. Since I needed her permission for the interview, of course they knew; but for Red we just faked a signature. Red nodded at them.
"Yeah, they wanted to ask about us dating as well as being heroes."
"How great." Then my mum turned to Red, leaning close to him. "Eijirou, can we just say thanks to you, for everything you've done." Red and I both furrowed our brows, giving each other funny looks.
"Err, what for Mitsuki?" Then my dad cleared his throat.
"It's just so lovely to see how you've really brought Katsuki out of his shell," I rolled my eyes, not this again. "He's really changed. He's happier, kinder, more empathetic-"
"Dad-" I moaned. My mum turned to me.
"Sorry Katsuki but it's the truth. You've really grown, and it's thanks to Eijirou." Before Red could say anything, my mum carried on. "And speaking of Katsuki growing up- Masaru, go get it." As my dad got up out his seat, I raised an eyebrow.
"Get what?" I asked suspiciously.
"You'll see."

And of course, my dad entered the room holding a scrapbook with the words 'our baby' written on the front; oh great. "Now every good parent has to show their kid's baby photos to their boyfriend, don't they?" Smiling, my dad placed the book down on the table. Her turned the first page in front of Red, revealing a small, hairless baby in the arms of my mum.
"Awe Kat, you look so cute." Red laughed, squeezing my thigh.
"Oh shut it." I folded my arms. My mum scoffed at me.
"Honestly Eijirou, I don't know how you put up with that attitude."
"The same way I put up with yours Mitsuki!" My dad chuckled, politely smiling at all of us. Of course Red laughed with my parents, making even more of a good impression on them. As they began flicking through the pages, laughing and making fun of me, they shared small talk.
"So you only had one kid, eh?" Asked Red, smirking at a photo of me wearing an All Might costume; I swear if he was to show Deku.
"Well this one was a handful enough, so we left having more children to my sister." Explained my mum.
"Oh yeah, Senna." I was glad to see Red had remembered the names. Even though I looked miserable, I was secretly smiling on the inside. Watching Red get along with my parents, seeing him experience real, loving parents, was all I could wish for. Every so often, he'd glance over to me, grinning from ear to ear, laughing at my young self and my parents awful jokes. And even though I was frowning, whenever I'd see that pure smile of happiness, I couldn't help but smile back. Then, to disrupt Red's comfortableness, the doorbell went. We looked at each other, then at my dad who went to answer. The three of us left at the table stood up, Red and I nervously fidgeting with our hands. We could hear the shuffling of feet, the hellos' and welcomes'. As their footsteps came closer to kitchen, Red stood right next to me and held my hand. Before long, suddenly six bright faces appeared through the doorway; my aunt and uncle, cousins and grandparents.
"Oh you must be Eijirou!"