There is a Type of Person That can Only Rely on Medicine

Wang Chuan felt that there was something not quite right with Feng Yu Heng. Helping her up, she quietly asked: "What happened, young miss?"

Feng Yu Heng shook her head and only said: "It's nothing."

Han shi did not think Feng Jin Yuan would be leaving on the next day. She felt that this news had come too suddenly and found it a little hard to accept. She could not help but ask: "How long will it be until husband can come back?"

Feng Jin Yuan pondered for a while then said: "The earliest will be just before the new year. The journey North from the capital will be very long, and the current situation of the Winter disaster is unknown. Everything is unknown." After he finished speaking, he looked at Chen Qing then said to the matriarch: "Qing'er came to the capital this time to prepare for the imperial examination. I hope mother will take more care of him."

Hearing Feng Jin Yuan mention him, Chen Qing quickly went forward and bowed to the matriarch, "Chen Qing greets elder madam."

The matriarch knew early on that Chen Qing had come to the Feng manor. It had to be said that he had come to live at the Feng manor for a period before. It was during the three years when Feng Yu Heng was not in the capital. Chen Qing would spend his days studying with Feng Jin Yuan. He truly was worthy of Feng Jin Yuan's recognition.

At that time, Chen shi was the head wife, and she had a very keen eye for giving gifts. There was no shortage in the number of things she gifted, and she treated Chen Qing even better.

But today was unlike in the past. Not only had Chen shi died, her position as head wife had been taken away. More importantly, she had caused a great number of problems for the Feng family while she was alive. The matriarch now hated the Chen family to her core. How could she take a liking to Chen Qing?

She could not help but quietly snort and ignore him.

Feng Jin Yuan naturally understood the matriarch's thoughts and helplessly advised: "Qing'er is something like son's half-pupil. Mother, please allow him to stay here to prepare for the imperial exam for my sake. He ranked at the top in the provincial examination. If he ranks well in the imperial examination, it will also be our manor's glory."

Hearing this explanation, the matriarch felt a joy in her heart. After all, if the manor could produce someone who ranked in the top three, it was truly a great honor.

Thus she nodded and said to Chen Qing: "Since that is the case, you may stay."

Chen Qing quickly thanked her for her grace and kowtowed to the matriarch.

Feng Jin Yuan glanced around at his concubines. Jin Zhen was young and was originally a servant, so she would not be able to keep things under control. Han shi seemed even more unlikely to be able to take center stage. Looking around, only An shi seemed stable. She was someone who could be trusted. After thinking for a while, he spoke to An shi: "With me gone, there will be nobody to make decisions in the manor, as mother's body is not well. An shi, be a little more magnanimous and take the manor's matters into consideration a little more."

An shi quickly stood up and replied: "Being entrusted by husband, this concubine will definitely do my best."

The matriarch nodded, "Un, you are a meticulous person. Just come over more often to chat." She could not find any real faults with An shi.

An shi bowed and said: "This concubine thanks mother-in-law for the support."

Feng Jin Yuan, however, recalled the time Feng Yu Heng had gone missing in Feng Tong county. It was An shi that stood with Yao shi to oppose him. He could not help but feel his heart tighten once more.