What Exactly Are Children to You?

Feng Jin Yuan froze. The newly appointed governor, Xu Jing Yuan? Why had he come?

He had only heard about this person being appointed when he returned to the capital. He had appeared suddenly and strangely. It was as though he had appeared from thin air. It made it hard to figure out, and people were uncertain about his background.

But after he was appointed, he solved a major case in the capital. Just a few days before the end of the year, he was able to receive an award from the Emperor.

Feng Jin Yuan had tried to contact this Xu Jing Yuan because of Chen Qing's matter, but he did not give this prime minister any face at all. Shaking his head and waving his hand, he told him that there was no use using relations or back-channel methods. If Lord Feng pressed any further, he would go report it to the court and have the Emperor act as judge.

Of course, Feng Jin Yuan could not allow this matter to reach the Emperor, thus he could only forget about it. As for Chen Qing passing the new year in prison, he felt very sorry that he could not even go and visit.

Now that the governor had come to visit, he pondered for a long time and felt that the matter was most likely related to Chen Qing. Perhaps he had seen Feng Yu Heng gaining face for Da Shun and felt that the Feng family truly could not be offended. Only then did he decide to come and return Chen Qing.

Upon thinking of this, Feng Jin Yuan became spirited. Standing up, he said to Kang Yi: "I have a nephew that was thrown in prison because he framed by someone before the new year. I gave the governor some time to carefully investigate the matter. Thinking about it, there must be a result today. Eldest princess, please continue to chat with mother. I will be back shortly."

Kang Yi did not say much, only nodding. Feng Yu Heng, however, also stood up. Taking a step forward, she said: "Daughter will accompany father and go together. Lord Xu is a newly appointed official. I originally wanted to get acquainted with him yesterday at the banquet; however, I did not think that Lord Xu would not attend the banquet. Since he has already come to the manor, as a county princess, it would not be good for daughter not to appear."

Feng Jin Yuan nodded, "Indeed, you are the family's daughter of the first wife, as well as the county princess. You should accompany father to go visit. Let's go!"

He began walking forward, and Feng Yu Heng turned to look at Kang Yi: "I said it earlier. There truly are a number of things that happen in this family. In just a single meal, look at how many things have happened. Since eldest princess will be living at the manor, how about coming along to take a look?"

The matriarch felt it was a little improper, "Eldest princess won't be going, right?"

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, "Since it's been decided that she will be moving in, eldest princess should go this time." She cooled her expression and looked at Kang Yi, mercilessly pointing out the truth that she had entered the Feng family.

Kang Yi's expression, however, did not change, as she continued to smile and said: "The guest shall do as the host says. Since county princess has invited me, This one will go with you two!"

Since Kang Yi wanted to go, other people could not continue to sit, as they all left the hall.

Ru Jia walked at Kang Yi's side and glared straight at Feng Yu Heng, quietly saying: "That county princess Ji An has a vile heart. Why is mother so polite with her?"

Kang Yi warned her: "Disaster comes from a loose tongue. This place is Da Shun. It's not our Qian Zhou. You absolutely must be careful of what you say and do."

Ru Jia nodded, "Don't worry, mother. Jia'er will only work on earning the favor of uncle Feng and elder madam." After saying this, she moved to the matriarch's side and squeezed granny Zhao away, "How about Ru Jia comes to help elder madam! Ru Jia's grandmother passed away early. From a young age, I was not able to pay respects to grandmother and regret it greatly. Upon seeing elder madam today, I felt very close. I have been thinking about how great it would be if elder madam were Ru Jia's grandmother."