Verifying Identity

When she finished speaking with Chen Yu, she turned to the servant and said: "Go report back to grandmother and say that A-Heng's body is not well today and will be going back to rest. I will go take a look at her at a different day."

The servant did not think that Feng Yu Heng would reject the matriarch's invitation, so she was left stunned. Only after Feng Yu Heng had walked off did she react and quickly go back to report.

As for Chen Yu, she began to ponder over waht Feng Yu Heng had said, and she could not help but regret listening to the third prince and giving the earrings to Fen Dai.

At this time in Shu Ya courtyard's main hall, the matriarch was hoping to call Feng Yu Heng back to discuss some matters, but she had been refused. This caused her to feel vexed.

"Recently, my words have carried less and less weight in this manor." She sighed with emotion, "One after another, they've spread their wings and found themselves mountains to rely on, but they do not know that their roots lie with the Feng family. Even if they marry into the palace, without their roots, they will not be favored."

"Elder madam is correct." Granny Zhao agreed while comforting her, "Either way, master will have returned in around a month. When that time comes, the decisions will be left for master to handle."

"Tell me, when Jin Yuan returns, will he fault me for this?" She had been worried about the marriage discussion with his Highness the fifth prince, "Although Fen Dai is the daughter of a concubine, the daughter of a concubine has its uses. What if Jin Yuan has other arrangements, have I not ruined them?"

Granny Zhao sighed, "But there was no other choice. His Highness the fifth prince had come suddenly, and we did not make any preparations. Taking a step back, even if we did make preparations, what of it? No matter what else is said, he is still a prince."

The matriarch understood this reasoning, but she was still worried, "The letter we sent last time, did Jin Yuan reply?"

Granny Zhao shook her head, "No, perhaps the roads are difficult to use during these snowy days, causing its round trip to be slower."

"It's fine for it to be slow, so long as it arrives. Go find someone to send another letter, tell him about the events of today. I am unable to feel certain about this matter and hope that Jin Yuan can return quickly."

Granny Zhao complied and went to have someone write a letter to Feng Jin Yuan.

That night, the symptoms of Feng Yu Heng's fever once again flared up, and she once again helplessly pulled out a pill, but this did give her an idea.

She guarded a pharmacy, and inside, there was a modern operating room. She could practically have anything she wanted. No matter what medicine she pulled out, it would be considered a desirable good in this era.

But she was the only operator. Without a need to mention the lack of help when performing surgeries for others, there was not a single person who could help her when she wanted to get an infusion.

Feng Yu Heng thought about it. In the worst case scenario, she could train an assistant, but that person had to be reliable, and there could not be a trace of betrayal in their heart.

However, this was just an optimistic thought. If she wanted to train someone from this era in modern medicine, how could it be that easy. Aside from loyalty, they had to have a strong ability to learn along with a proficiency in medicine. Adults were no good because they were set in their ways, so it would be very difficult to change their habits. People who were too young were also no good. Those that were too young were less adept at learning, so they would be unable to produce any results for a few years.